Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
how about we have marcedes lewis cover gronkowski in the redzone..

Hey, if it didn't cost us a game, it would be interesting to see.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:just throwing it out there imagine what gronk would do if he had a 6-6 272 pound guy running at him..

that would be crazy just to witness something like that..

A coworker of mine suggested this as a means of keeping Gronk in check. Not Cedes, per say, but any team's TE
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 12:22 AM by Hank.)

Yeah let's throw someone with zero defensive experience on the most dangerous offensive weapon in the league! Excellent idea. There is so much more to being a good defender than being big.

Just put a CB on him...

[Image: 20111211-192628-pic-161156245_c0-173-425...2533531686]

'02

Quote:lewis and gronk are both 6-6.. gronk is 265 pounds lewis is 272 pounds..

lewis has weight on him.. thing is can he keep up with him.. in the redzone only idk..

its worth a try though..

Gronk has better hands/catcher though.

Quote:Gronk would make Marcedes look like a giraffe on roller skates

Wait what? He's already a giraffe on roller skates.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Poor Marcedes.  He makes it so easy.  Keep grinding baby.  Go Jaguars!

Gronk, God?  So easy.  

Football

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:just throwing it out there imagine what gronk would do if he had a 6-6 272 pound guy running at him..

that would be crazy just to witness something like that..
[Image: stop_posting_cat.jpg]

This only makes sense if dropsies are contagious.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Whats Gram think about this?

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 06:49 AM by jagsbum.)

At first I thought this was a bad idea. Then I remembered that both my high schools and college teams did something similar on defense because of miss matches. Then I thought teams do this in reverse on offense a good bit in the nfl. I don't think they'll do it, but the idea has some merit and is not unprecedented. I applaud the op for thinking even though he is not a football mind. 

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

There are some really good ideas out there.

Then there are others...

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What must one do to get their ability to start a thread taken away?

Honestly it not that bad an idea nor is it an original one. Teams do unconventional things with personnel all the time. Take the patriots game when they ran unbalanced in the playoff game against the ravens that is a gimmick that works for one game. The Texans line JJ Watt at tight end, Deon Sanders has played wide out, the patriots have used linebackers as tight ends and ever our Jags have lined Alualu at fullback

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 08:41 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Let's take it a step further and lineup our entire offense out there against their offense. Who better to get into an offense's head than another offense?

my bad for thinking anyone wanted to talk football.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 08:18 AM by jagsbum.)

Anyone who has played please think about your team. Did your team ever send a quarterback out on forth and short to punt the ball and catch the other team off guard. Did your team ever line up a tall wide receiver at safety in hail marry situations. The list goes on, its ok to throw these little personnel packages in to your regular scheme, just don't make it predictable and don't count on it working again. I don't think it will happen but its not crazy. Tell me what you would do. I like hypotheticals and football theory.

Gronk is going to gronk anybody out there.

If fans want to complain about national recognition then the best way to earn it is to limit gronk to a sub standard performance (50 yards and td).

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Gronk would make Marcedes look like a giraffe on roller skates"

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Marcededs already looks like a giraffe on roller skates. Hey-o! :woot:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Well... I think the idea has merit if entertainment is all you want and not for gronk to actually be covered. Lewis already looks like a new born giraffe going down field; imagine the appearance of him trying to cover gronk... yeah, it would be hilarious! The only way gronk drops the ball is because he is bent over in stitches, laughing so hard at Lewis trying to cover him.