Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rob Gronkowski...

You can't. You can only hope to slow him down. The Jags just don't have the personnel to do it. I wish I was wrong. And as said above even if you take Gronk away, Brady will just find someone else. As Vic used to say, which way do you want to die?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think we can. Pressure Brady so he makes bad choices. How to do that without single coverage on gronk? How to double gronk and let Brady pick apart the coverage all day?

I don't know how to do that and in fact very few in the world would have a plan and can execute it.
Double Gronk and Edelman/Amondola or Dobson are wide open, not to mention Lewis out of the backfield.

Blitz and Brady will do the quick hit routes

The Pats offense is very diversw

Quote:I don't think we can. Pressure Brady so he makes bad choices. How to do that without single coverage on gronk? How to double gronk and let Brady pick apart the coverage all day?

I don't know how to do that and in fact very few in the world would have a plan and can execute it.

We gotta get pressure with just 4. Somehow.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We've done a good job this far against TEs. Neutralize Gronk let everyone else beat us

Quote:Horse tranquilizers.

I'm not sure they would pierce his skin.

Quote:We've done a good job this far against TEs. Neutralize Gronk let everyone else beat us

Which is amazing considering the fact that has been our weakness for a lonnnnggggg time.

Quote:We've done a good job this far against TEs. Neutralize Gronk let everyone else beat us
Pats have Gronk and Chandler for TE be hard to stop both, and when they go 4 TE set you probably go heavy and have a LB on either Gronk or Chandler creating a mismatch esp on the goal line.

and FYI they Pats O is a heck of a lot better than Miami and def Carolina. Add into that fact your on the road for the first time and it will be a tough game for the Jags.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 04:06 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:How do you hope to stop this beast?
Personally, I am having a Voodoo doll flown in from a small village in Haiti by way of a back ally on the outskirts of Little Jamaica, Miami. Once I receive it in Jax, lets just say, Gronk is gonna get voodood.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Pats have Gronk and Chandler for TE be hard to stop both, and when they go 4 TE set you probably go heavy and have a LB on either Gronk or Chandler creating a mismatch esp on the goal line.

and FYI they Pats O is a heck of a lot better than Miami and def Carolina. Add into that fact your on the road for the first time and it will be a tough game for the Jags.

The LB is only a mismatch if he name isnt Telvin Smith. I seriously doubt this defense is worried about anyone not named Edleman or Gronkowski

Holy water?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Holy water?

Gronk is apparently like Jesus so that will only give him more powers.

You cannot stop gronkowski. You can only hope to contain him.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 04:30 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:The LB is only a mismatch if he name isnt Telvin Smith. I seriously doubt this defense is worried about anyone not named Edleman or Gronkowski
What about Dion Lewis?

Some stats about Lewis this season:

-in week 1 he forced 8 missed tackles on 19 carries, which was the best rate of any RB with significant carries

-through 2 weeks, he has 258 all purpose yards from scrimmage, which ranks in the top 5 in the entire league.

He's a more talented and productive version of Shane Vereen. He's definitely every bit of a matchup nightmare that Gronk is.

Also, Dobson had a very good game last week against what many consider a top 5 defense. He had 9 rec for 92 yards.

Amendola doesn't get used a lot but he's good for a few athletic catches in key situations like the one he made against Buffalo last week.

Quote:What about Dion Lewis?

Some stats about Lewis this season:

-in week 1 he forced 8 missed tackles on 19 carries, which was the best rate of any RB with significant carries

-through 2 weeks, he has 258 all purpose yards from scrimmage, which ranks in the top 5 in the entire league.

He's a more talented and productive version of Shane Vereen. He's definitely every bit of a matchup nightmare that Gronk is.

Also, Dobson had a very good game last week against what many consider a top 5 defense. He had 9 rec for 92 yards.

Amendola doesn't get used a lot but he's good for a few athletic catches in key situations like the one he made against Buffalo last week.

None of those guys are worth a crap without Brady and don't demand double coverage.

This is what they drafted Telvin for, to cover the move tight end. He's fast enough, and just big enough. It'll be interesting to see how that matchup plays out.

Quote:This is what they drafted Telvin for, to cover the move tight end. He's fast enough, and just big enough. It'll be interesting to see how that matchup plays out.

He is fast enough but Gronk would carry him to the endzone with him if he catches it.

Quote:Amendola doesn't get used a lot but he's good for a few athletic catches in key situations like the one he made against Buffalo last week.

That was a great catch, btw. I don't watch NE play that much honestly but why isn't he utilized more? Does he have issues getting open? Is he prone to drops? I vaguely remember him being somewhat solid as a Ram.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:25 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:That was a great catch, btw. I don't watch NE play that much honestly but why isn't he utilized more? Does he have issues getting open? Is he prone to drops? I vaguely remember him being somewhat solid as a Ram.
He was used quite a bit in 2013 and put up decent numbers considering he only played 12 games.

In 2014, although he played every game, he was still playing through injuries and didn't come on until late in the season and into the playoffs. He actually played a big part in the postseason run.

With LaFell on PUP, he was our WR2 going into the season. However, Lewis emerged in the passing game and has been getting a ton of targets, and Dobson had a very good game last week vs Buffalo. Of course, there's also Edelman and Gronk who receive the most targets. If Dobson continues to play well, he may get to see more action until LaFell returns.

Amendola is dependable when called upon though and he is good in the return game.

Inflate the football.
Huh

Quote:He is fast enough but Gronk would carry him to the endzone with him if he catches it.

This. He better cover him so well that he never catches a pass, because if Gronk does he will just toss Telvin aside.