Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL drinking that teal kool-aid

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 02:14 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:Michael Sam

They also were the single biggest champion of Tim Tebow, who most would consider a more conservative athlete. I know he didn't win their courage award, but I think my point still stands. They latch on and prop up whoever will drum up the most attention and get them the most money. Giving those two individuals their courage award was just another way to do so.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that I do agree they lean liberal, but I don't agree that they're a liberal shill organization made to push a liberal agenda as much as they're a tabloid that pushes the juiciest story.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol ESPN actually graded us a spot downwards after winning. They are as fair and balanced as FOX news.
If you watch any Mainstream media you are not getting real news. They are all garbage. From NBC to FOX. ESPN is a joke, an embarrassment to real sports journalism. 

The media has always been a joke.  I've always looked at the media like high school peer pressure.  They go to whatever team is hot/cool and act like they knew all along they were on the rise; and as soon as that team loses its always excuses about what went wrong and how they didn't play up to expectations.  I was having a life with my woman the other day about the Seahawks and a similar situation.  She doesn't even football, now she does a little, but said no one liked the Seahawks EVER to her knowledge and never wore a jersey until recently.  Everyone hops on a bandwagon, even the "Experts" each year.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:They also were the single biggest champion of Tim Tebow, who most would consider a more conservative athlete. I know he didn't win their courage award, but I think my point still stands. They latch on and prop up whoever will drum up the most attention and get them the most money. Giving those two individuals their courage award was just another way to do so.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that I do agree they lean liberal, but I don't agree that they're a liberal shill organization made to push a liberal agenda as much as they're a tabloid that pushes the juiciest story.

I can agree with this statement. Well said.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It's clear espn leans left in terms of social issues...

What bothers me about espn now is that they don't care to get their analysis correct anymore. The are now all entertainment in terms of their sports analysis.

The only thing they get right is the fact that they still understand that they need to televise games.

But man, they have no idea what they are talking about after the games are over. I'm pretty sure that over 80 percent of the"experts" don't even watch games anymore. They just use the same cliches over and over again.

This morning, Mike and Mike honestly still put Houston and Tennessee ahead of us in terms of giving the clots a run for the division. They are all morons.

Quote:It's clear espn leans left in terms of social issues...

What bothers me about espn now is that they don't care to get their analysis correct anymore. The are now all entertainment in terms of their sports analysis.

The only thing they get right is the fact that they still understand that they need to televise games.

But man, they have no idea what they are talking about after the games are over. I'm pretty sure that over 80 percent of the"experts" don't even watch games anymore. They just use the same cliches over and over again.

This morning, Mike and Mike honestly still put Houston and Tennessee ahead of us in terms of giving the clots a run for the division. They are all morons.
Without commenting on the political leanings of ESPN for the moment, it is clear to me they emphasize style over substance in their coverage and have a clear double standard when it comes to covering this team.

How many years have we heard their talking heads say it's all about the QB in this league?

Yet there are signs we have a good young QB, while Houston?  Not so much.  Yet they are ahead of us in that analysis.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Without commenting on the political leanings of ESPN for the moment, it is clear to me they emphasize style over substance in their coverage and have a clear double standard when it comes to covering this team.

How many years have we heard their talking heads say it's all about the QB in this league?

Yet there are signs we have a good young QB, while Houston? Not so much. Yet they are ahead of us in that analysis.

Exactly. They constantly talk about it being a qb driven league, and yet Houston is talked about as having a shot at the division. It's just lazy analysis...

Quote:I all but gave up on watching ESPN years ago.

ESPN is The View for men.

Quote:You got a problem with transsexuals?

I am pro transsexuals.  I favor any increase to the female population.  The more boobs the better.

Just look at their name to tell you all you need to know. Entertainment is put ahead of sports.

ESPN has hated the Jags since they wiped out Berman's Bills in the 1996 playoffs. 

Quote:We moved down a spot after winning? How is that possible..
The same way the phins moved up a spot.

You have to be really good to lose to the jags and really bad to beat the phins.

Quote:We moved down a spot after winning? How is that possible..

Not saying I agree with their ranking,at all, but,,,,,,

All these "bottom feeder" teams won this week:

Jags

Bucs

Raiders

Redskins

Jets

Browns

That has to have some effect on how teams moved in rank.

Quote:I am pro transsexuals.  I favor any increase to the female population.  The more boobs the better.
Hes not a female tho

Quote:Not saying I agree with their ranking,at all, but,,,,,,

All these "bottom feeder" teams won this week:

Jags

Bucs

Raiders

Redskins

Jets

Browns

That has to have some effect on how teams moved in rank.

Of those teams, only the jets are better than us.

And I'm not being a homer here...

We beat the dolphins, who beat Washington... and then those other teams just flat out stink!

I cant remember the last time I watched espn. its wonderful , like they never existed .

Quote:You got a problem with transsexuals?

Are we talking about football or about a confused has been Olympian?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

The Jags should be around 25 or so - that would be a fair ranking.  

Quote:I am pro transsexuals.  I favor any increase to the female population.  The more boobs the better.

I never realized there were pro and amateur transsexuals.

You learn something new everyday.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

It's a decent ranking. If you look at my own ranking on the NFL at Large board you'd see I have the Jaguars at #20 after beating the Dolphins.

'02