Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are tied for first place in our division

Well let's see our last win in September was in 2012 against the Colts on a last minute catch and run by cecil shorts. We won 2 games that year.

Before that we had one win too in 2011 in the season opener against the titans, but JDR and Co lost their jobs by October.

In 2013 we didn't get our first win until mid November. Last year our first win was Oct 19.

It's a little too early to be popping the champagne.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's only game two. In the same way that there were those saying not to jump ship because of just one loss in game one, it's also fair to remember it was only one win, and that against a struggling mediocre team. And it's not even like we put a decisive whipping on them either; we only won at the end by a field goal.

So... seasoned Jags fan? Well, the Jags are the ones who've made that fan 'seasoned'. Give credit where it's due.

Hey, can't a brother enjoy the small victories while we can?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 08:43 AM by David4499.)

Andrew Luck looked terrible last night. Hope those colts fans enjoyed that loss.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:But they didn't, and in essence, we control our destiny.

This reminds me of 1995, when we beat Pittsburgh.  The fans were chanting "Playoffs!  Playoffs" walking down the ramps after the game.

Coughlin heard about that and laughed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I don't care if it's only week 2. Work seems more pleasant. Food tastes better... women are smiling my way.

I'm going to enjoy this win a little bit more...

Just remember, there's a dark lining to every silver cloud.

Or something like that...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:It's fun for now and all but....it's only 2 games in. This will probably be the only week all season that we lead the division. Means nothing at this point.

Mr. Negative. I cut the standings out of the paper and put in a frame already.

I agree. Pic of the year.

Dear Mr.Luck,

Welcome.

Signed,

Earth.

Nice job Jets.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:It's fun for now and all but....it's only 2 games in. This will probably be the only week all season that we lead the division. Means nothing at this point.

Unless the tacks beat the clots, we'll still be at least tied for first for one more week.

Quote:This reminds me of 1995, when we beat Pittsburgh.  The fans were chanting "Playoffs!  Playoffs" walking down the ramps after the game.

I remember that.   But actually, what I heard on the ramps was "Super Bowl!  Super Bowl!"   But 20 years is a long time ago.  I may be wrong. 

[Image: keABaDi.jpg]

At first glance, this thread epitomized premature hope, which is why I immediately drew the parallel to 1995.

But now I am beginning to wonder if it IS actually premature, or is the hope legitimate?

Looking at the next three weeks, we see the following matchups in the division:

Week 3

Indy (0-2) at Tennessee (1-1)

Jaguars (1-1) at New England (2-0)

Tampa (1-1) at Houston (0-2)

Week 4

Jaguars at Indy

Houston at Atlanta

Tennessee IDLE

Week 5

Colts at Texans

Jaguars at Tampa

Bills at Tennessee

Week 6

Texans at Jaguars

Dolphins at Tennessee

Patriots at Colts

If we go by the proverbial "conventional wisdom," the Jaguars will lose to New England and Indy the next couple of weeks, putting us at 1-3.

The same "conventional wisdom" will have Indy beating Tennessee in week 3, and Houston beating Tampa, and the Colts beating the Texans in week 5.

Tampa is certainly a winnable game for us, and at this point, it's looking like Houston is winnable, too, while Indy can certainly lose at home to New England.

What we could see after 6 weeks in the standings:

Jaguars (3-3)

Colts (3-3)

Tacks (2-3 or 1-4 depending upon the Dolphins game)

Texans (3-3 or 1-5)

Even assuming a worst case scenario for the Jaguars where we lose to Tampa and Houston, 1-5 still only has us, at most, 2 games out.

But at this point, 3-3 is doable for the Jaguars.

Aside from complete dominance over the rest of the NFL, Jaguars fans would certainly settle for hope going into mid to late October.

It's looking possible we'll have that hope.

Quote:At first glance, this thread epitomized premature hope, which is why I immediately drew the parallel to 1995.

But now I am beginning to wonder if it IS actually premature, or is the hope legitimate?

Week 3

Week 4

Jaguars at Indy

Houston at Atlanta

Tennessee IDLE

Week 5

Colts at Texans

Jaguars at Tampa

Bills at Tennessee

Week 6

Texans at Jaguars

Dolphins at Tennessee

Patriots at Colts

If we go by the proverbial "conventional wisdom," the Jaguars will lose to New England and Indy the next couple of weeks, putting us at 1-3.

The same "conventional wisdom" will have Indy beating Tennessee in week 3, and Houston beating Tampa, and the Colts beating the Texans in week 5.

Tampa is certainly a winnable game for us, and at this point, it's looking like Houston is winnable, too, while Indy can certainly lose at home to New England.

Jaguars (3-3)

Colts (3-3)

Texans (3-3 or 1-5)

Even assuming a worst case scenario for the Jaguars where we lose to Tampa and Houston, 1-5 still only has us, at most, 2 games out.

Aside from complete dominance over the rest of the NFL, Jaguars fans would certainly settle for hope going into mid to late October.

Maybe the Jags won't lose to Indy.  Maybe something is seriously wrong with the Colts.  It's early in the season, but one can dream.

Also if Tenn losses to the Colts Sunday we will still be in first place, win or loss to the Pats. 

The Colts vs Jaguars game in two weeks could be the first big game for Gus as the Jaguars coach 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Also if Tenn losses to the Colts Sunday we will still be in first place, win or loss to the Pats. 

The Colts vs Jaguars game in two weeks could be the first big game for Gus as the Jaguars coach 
Exactly.

If we manage to beat Indy in a couple of weeks, and Tampa, the stadium should be insane when the Texans come to town.

Quote:Jag Fan: Knock Knock

Clot Fan: Who's There?

Jag Fan: Owen

Clot Fan: Owen Who?

Jag Fan: 0-2

I wish someone could turn this into a meme.  I'm not that good.

Quote:[Image: 12004148_10204622627860862_7863756495959...e=56A55DA8]
:yes:  Laughing  Banana

Quote:At first glance, this thread epitomized premature hope, which is why I immediately drew the parallel to 1995.

Week 3

Week 4

Jaguars at Indy

Houston at Atlanta

Tennessee IDLE

Week 5

Colts at Texans

Jaguars at Tampa

Bills at Tennessee

Week 6

Texans at Jaguars

Dolphins at Tennessee

Patriots at Colts

Jaguars (3-3)

Colts (3-3)

Texans (3-3 or 1-5)

Have you seen the clots play?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Have you seen the clots play?
Yes I have.

They struggled twice against two strong defenses with good pass rushes and good secondaries.

This is not to say the Clots don't have their weaknesses, but those two defenses will be tough matchups against most offenses.

Quote:This reminds me of 1995, when we beat Pittsburgh.  The fans were chanting "Playoffs!  Playoffs" walking down the ramps after the game.

I was at that game...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"