Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
things to beat the patriots next Sunday..

Quote:Do the Jaguars game plan specifiically for Gronkowski?

No other choice. Not sure if there has ever been a better TE. Dude is unbelievable.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Make sure Tom Brady is using only nfl sanctioned nerf balls.

2. Demand all New England communication be done through the tamper proof system of smoke signals.

3. Tie one hand behind gronks back all game

4. Payoff the refs

5. Pray
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

You can only do two things.

1. Run the football effectively and consistently and milk the clock every chance you get and finish with points on the board.

2. Don't turn the football over.

That's about it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I bet Money we give them a good game I do not think we will win but they will not blow us out. I look at the patriots

They do not seem all that special to me They are beatable. Brady and Gronk is all they have.
As long as they have Brady, all of their backs, TE's and receivers are a threat.

Also, QB's like Brady and Manning can make their makeshift O-line's look stout because of how fast they get rid of the ball.

We need to disrupt Brady consistently.

What quarter do our headsets go out?

This surprisingly is the easiest defense we'be facedo so far. Taylor put up up 3 tds. Blake is better than Taylor.

We should be able to move the ball and Blake should have time. Just gotta double Gronk. Will be a bit easier without having to worry about Brady scrambling. Marks may be back as well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 08:10 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Brady, Gronk get the flu on Saturday night and cant play Sunday. The only way the Jags have a chance to win.

A positive I can think of is that the Jags have been better at covering tight ends this year. We've had 2 of the best TE's in the league go against us so far - Jordan Cameron had three catches, Greg Olson had just the one catch.

I'm still expecting us to get stomped though.

I hope we dont sit back in a soft zone.  We did that this week against the Dolphins and Tannehill picked us apart.  And we've tried that strategy with Brady in the past... famously the playoff game where he dinked and dunked us to death.  In fact he does that to a number of teams.  Brady is the king of 5 yard passes and letting his guys run after the catch.  I would rather play up tight and force him to beat you deep.  If you give up a few big plays so be it.  But I would rather that than letting him dump it off to Edelman 15 times.  

Too bad our pass rush cant get pressure without blitzing.

Man I wish Julius was active for this game. I think this would be his breakout game.

We will obviously be a big underdog but whatever... Run the ball. Control the short passes that the Pats throw. Telvin needs to have a big day.

When I heard that Brady was suspended for four games, I knew they'd fight it and it'd be overturned... I think the meeting went something like this... 

Goodell: " Ok, we've got to make it look like we're penalizing you for this Deflategate thing. I'll hand out a suspension and you guys wait a few weeks and then go file an appeal with this judge.. He's already been paid off and will overturn my ruling.  It'll all be forgotten by week two." 

Brady: " Ok.. sounds like a plan.... Oh, btw... you owe me a new phone."

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Run the ball 99% of the time and just kill the clock. Say a few prayers.

Quote:Number one keep Brady off the field which means control time of possession.. Run the ball..

Number 2 sack tom Brady.. Or at least disrupt his passing.. Like putting your hands up jumping to disrupt his passing..

If the jags can do this we MIGHT have a chance..

Oh and throw the dang ball to Lewis and harbor more..
We've all seen it for years and saw the jags do a little more of it (at times) against the 'phins. Of what do I speak? Our defensive linemen putting their hands up to disrupt or block a pass! We should do this a lot more. Getting a ball knocked down at the line seems to really frustrate the quarterback, which is a good thing (as long as it isn't ours that's getting this treatment).

Quote:#1 get Blackmon back

Robinson

Blackmon

Lee

Amendola

Hurns

Wilford
who is this 'blackmon' of whom you speak? and get him back where? to rehab?

Quote:Number one keep Brady off the field which means control time of possession.. Run the ball..

Number 2 sack tom Brady.. Or at least disrupt his passing.. Like putting your hands up jumping to disrupt his passing..

If the jags can do this we MIGHT have a chance..

Oh and throw the dang ball to Lewis and harbor more..
Bortles did make a throw to Lewis and he dropped it!

Quote:Please don't start raising expectations after beating one team, I'm not saying we don't root for our boys to win, but temper this coming week, if we play like we belong on the same field, win/lose we win
good point. Happy for the win over the 'phins but it was only one game against a mediocre team. The pats are on a whole other level, so be glad we won this one but don't go and quit your day job over it.

Our best chance of winning probably depended on Roger Goodell.

Quote:good point. Happy for the win over the 'phins but it was only one game against a mediocre team. The pats are on a whole other level, so be glad we won this one but don't go and quit your day job over it.

Don't quit your day job over it? What the hell is that even supposed to mean?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I bet Money we give them a good game I do not think we will win but they will not blow us out. I look at the patriots

They do not seem all that special to me They are beatable. Brady and Gronk is all they have There secondary is not that special

there O line has quite a few rookies Our Defense is better I think Bradley will have a plan. Plus Patriots might go in this game looking past us

Trap game. Jags are going to go in this game with the mind set they can win and time to shock the world. If they play like they did today and extend more drives and move the chains they can compete but they need to give it there all.
Quite possibly true, but I don't think the pats really care enough about the Jags to try to humiliate us. No, they won't mind if we play a good game at all as long as they get the W, and the odds are high that they will.

... I just made myself sad.

If only Jimmy Garropolo was starting..
Shock the world

Have we heard anymore news about Marks and Thomas? I saw that they had some limited practice last week. Is there any chance they will be ready by Sunday?