Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We now have the chance to make some NOISE

I have no expectations towards our defense stopping or even slowing down their offense, my pass/fail for the Pats game will be entirely based on whether the offense has a good game. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Jacksonville even loses by just three to the Patriots I will consider them a looming playoff contender.

But Jacksonville needs Indianapolis to continue losing because I'm not so sure we're ready to beat them yet.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:A win against the Patriots won't make headlines about how good the Jags are, the Patriots would make all the headlines about how Brady is done blah blah blah..just like last season when the Chiefs destroyed them
true...

Quote:Enjoy it while you can.  In exactly one week we will be the object of smirks and sneers from the lips of every sports talking head in America.
also true...

Quote:If we beat NE at there house next week, I'll have no doubt we make the playoffs this year.
I admire your optimism, but that would be a stretch...

Quote:I'm just going to enjoy this Dolphins win for a couple days before I start thinking about facing the Patriots. That'll ruin my mood
very good idea.

The Pats have just played 2 very high-profile and emotional games vs the Steelers and Bills.  Belicheat will try to get the players' attention with our win over the Fins, but The Pats will still have trouble being "up" for this game. 

The Jags need to go up there and play loose, play with high energy, and take it right to the Pats.  Need to get Brady out of his comfort zone.  Put Colvin on Edelmann and take away Brady's security blanket.  Then bring pressure up the middle with Odrick and Ryan Davis. 

I see big plays from Corey Grant next week.

Quote:I have no expectations towards our defense stopping or even slowing down their offense, my pass/fail for the Pats game will be entirely based on whether the offense has a good game. 
Agree because a good offensive game would show improvement and the ability to gel through the rest of the season.  This team needs more to build on and not just a shock the world win.  I'll take any victory and would love this one but I have realistic expectations.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm expecting at least a 14 point difference, if it's less than that I'd be happy.  This win has me thinking 6-7 wins instead of 4-5, if they beat NE I might even say they're a 8-9 win team. 
This win over Miami, given that the odds were decidedly against the Jags, was significant. Maybe, just maybe, the Jags are good enough to pull out at least a 6-10 record; then again, maybe they aren't. Who knows which team will show up the rest of the season; the one we saw play the panthers, or the one we saw play the 'phins?

Quote:If we beat NE at there house next week, I'll have no doubt we make the playoffs this year.

Disagree. Low-tier teams do beat Mid/Upper-tier teams in the NFL quite often. Every team gets a good shot in every now and then.

The Raiders just beat the Ravens. Do you have any doubt that the Raiders are going to the Playoffs?

Last season, the Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Patriots on MNF. Chiefs weren't making any playoffs.

Quote:There's always hope. I'd like nothing more than seeing the Jags take out the Pats in Foxborough.

But:

NO Way in HADES can they play like they did today with all the mistakes and think they'll get a win there.

-Multiple stupid penalties

-Multiple dropped passes

-2nd half full of 3 and Outs

-Mental Errors (using timeouts for bone-headed challenges or delay of game avoidance)

They play the same way as today, it won't be pretty.

Jags will have to play almost perfect (mistake-free) and hope the Pats make a ton of mental errors and a bunch of 3 and Outs.
All those things you said are true. But there is the possibility that the pats will expect this game to be a joke. If so, we could possibly catch them a little flat-footed (not unlike what happened to the 'phins, I think). The odds are very much against it though; the pats are the super bowl champs for a reason (beside cheating). Brady is a great quarterback. We have significant numbers of injuries to key players.

If we had our key guys healthy, (Thomas, Marks, etc) then we might stand a chance of putting up a better game. I'm happy about the win over Miami, but it's reality time; the 'phins aren't the pats. I just hope we'll play well enough not to be embarrassed. 

They will probably be 10 point favorites.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

hey what happened to the 24 hour rule here? we won yesterday. First time in years we won a game in sept this early. we have until 7pm to enjoy the win. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:They will probably be 10 point favorites.

14 as of right now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I can see Brady going like 26/29 for 289 yards and 3 TDs..

Someone on defense has to make a play. A ball has to bounce our way.

The Patriots just look really good again. Their defense doesn't scare me, but it's not the worst and they have playmakers like McCourty, Collins, and Ninkovitch. Jaguars need momentum early. Someone MUST make a play early in the game.
Shock the world

As much as I know this game is going to be difficult to watch, I just don't want to see McCourty do anything good. Seeing all of his dumb Pepsi ads up here is hard enough knowing we were so close to signing him.

Quote:As much as I know this game is going to be difficult to watch, I just don't want to see McCourty do anything good. Seeing all of his dumb Pepsi ads up here is hard enough knowing we were so close to signing him.

Man if we had McCourty.....
Shock the world

I just don't see how we can beat them. I honestly don't see how we can cover the spread, either.

We need Cyp back. He misses tackles, and he takes poor angles, but he does do a good job of covering the TE. We need someone to stick on Gronk to atleast slow him down. Can't have Gronk running open over the middle of the field.

And I thought the safeties played pretty well yesterday. Cameron isn't Gronk though.
No commercial messages in sigs

Anyone else pulling really hard for a jets upset against the clots tonight?

If the clots lose, then week 4's game becomes HUGE