Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RELAX, Don't do it! (tantrum)

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 09:47 AM by Citadel11.)

Quote:The defense SHOULD continue to improve as they get healthy on that side of the ball.  Not having a healthy Marks out there hurts this defense significantly.

The problem with that is teams usually don't get healthier as the season goes on.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

FBT how is our new mascot?  

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:The mantra all off season as that they were going to bring balance to the offense.  It almost looked like someone swapped play books from the preseason, and we were calling Jed Fisch's plays yesterday.  No TE involvement at all, and we ditched the run when the Panthers best defensive player went out with an injury.  Made zero sense.

Seriously. How often do we see/hear/read "an effective running game is a young QBs best friend?" I was certain when Kuechly went down (which sucks because I like how this kid plays) we'd be even more effective on the ground. But no...in typical Jaguars fashion, the powers-that-be decide to having Blake throwing the rock 40 times under the misguided impression that he's suddenly Drew Brees. It would have made a wee bit more sense if the run wasn't effective...but it was.

I'm honestly surprised this facet isn't being talked about more.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:The problem with that is teams usually don't get healthier as the season goes on.
By getting healthy, I'm specifically talking about Getting Marks back.  That's a huge void in the defense.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Seriously. How often do we see/hear/read "an effective running game is a young QBs best friend?" I was certain when Kuechly went down (which sucks because I like how this kid plays) we'd be even more effective on the ground. But no...in typical Jaguars fashion, the powers-that-be decide to having Blake throwing the rock 40 times under the misguided impression that he's suddenly Drew Brees. It would have made a wee bit more sense if the run wasn't effective...but it was.

I'm honestly surprised this facet isn't being talked about more.

If you watched the tack game yesterday, they were shredding Tampa on the ground almost the entire game.  That certainly helped Mariota.

I don't understand why we were so quick to ditch the run, or why we decided the TE position was as integral to our offense as the Fullback.  We saw much better play calling in the preseason, and that was only a partial play book, and they didn't have Yeldon on the field.  He looked fine out there.  I guess they decided to put a "pitch count" on his carries, and when he hit a magic number, it was time to shut down the running game?  There's no logic at all behind why they bailed so quickly.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The playbook did seem odd. It looked more like a dumbed down preseason playbook than our preseason playbook. The only thing that I noticed was more presnap shifting and movement.

The playcalling was really no more complex than a simple college playbook.

Quote:FBT how is our new mascot?  

Almost invisible.

Quote:The playbook did seem odd. It looked more like a dumbed down preseason playbook than our preseason playbook. The only thing that I noticed was more presnap shifting and movement.

The playcalling was really no more complex than a simple college playbook.
Exactly.  We saw more creativity with the preseason play calling.  We darn sure didn't see the horizontal passing game.  It's like we were daring the Panthers to jump the routes.

Quote:Almost invisible.

thats not good mascot is supposse to be seen win,or lose. I'll come be the new mascot. I'm good at it. I'm the mascot were i voltunteer at here in north caronlina. I would just need someone to comepick me up here,and drive me down there.

:yes:  :yes:

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:By getting healthy, I'm specifically talking about Getting Marks back.  That's a huge void in the defense.
All teams have a void on their team. Tennessee were playing without their best WR in Benjamin and they overcame that. The list goes on for all teams but the difference is that we put all our eggs in one basket and pray that one of our players don't get hurt. We do not have any depth on our team and I am sorry to say this but it looks like were not any further in our rebuilding process than when Dave and Gus took over.

Quote:thats not good mascot is supposse to be seen win,or lose. I'll come be the new mascot. I'm good at it. I'm the mascot were i voltunteer at here in north caronlina. I would just need someone to comepick me up here,and drive me down there.

New mascot is terrible. At one point in the game, they introduced him as the best mascot in all of sports, and then he proceeded to ride a bicycle through the end zone. It was really a weird, awkward moment.

7-26...reactions are appropriate.

Quote:After one game into the season and a lot of fans want to throw in the towel.  I've been reading threads and polls about which head coach to hire after Gus is fired and whether or not to fire GM Dave Caldwell & the entire roster.  Are you kidding me?  It was one game the team could win all the rest and win the Super Bowl (not my prediction, but anything is possible).  To give up on your favorite team after only one game seems simply crazy to me.  Let us first reflect on the positives of the game (from the Jaguar fans perspective).

The total net yards of both teams

Carolina 263 to Jaguars 265

-----------------------------------------

breaking it down

Rushing yards

Carolina 105 Jaguars 96

(3.0 avg to Jaguars 4.6 avg per carry)

--------------------

Passing Yards

Carolina 158 to Jaguars 169

------------------

Kickoff return

Grant 1 for 40 yards, Panthers no returns

Panthers punted 4 to Jaguars 5

-------------------------

Both teams Red Zone Efficiency 33%

--------------------------

Both teams 50% on FGs (panthers kicked 4 to Jags 2)

------------------------------

Both TJ Yeldon & D-Rob looked good rushing and catching as a good duo combo

R. Greene displayed good hands and was able to get open with 7 catches & a touchdown.

Poz had an INT, Clemons had a sack, pd, and a fg blocked, Skuta with a sack as well.

================================

Now for the real reason the team lost....

Blake Bortles with a 54.5 QB rating, 2 INTS, 22/40 183 yards 1 TD.   WR Hurns with a fumble and a couple of drops, along with Robinson dropping too many targets failing to get open.

LT Young not holding up, bad play calling by the Refs, missed extra point took out some wind from the team along with missed Fgs.

It was tough to watch in the 2nd half.  I am not sure what Gus could've done other than bench Bortles after the INT which might have only made things worse by putting in Henne whom wouldve been sacked more often and wouldve hurt Bortles confidence.

It wasnt a perfect game but it wasnt the worst one we've seen in a few years.  Let us all calm down, relax.  Step away from the keyboard before posting negative comments about moving the team to london and firing everyone... and just breathe.
Thanks for showing us all those stats! However, you left off the one and only truly relevant stat... namely, the final score, 23-9 panthers. The panthers don't even have one of the better offenses either; and please, don't insult anyone's intelligence saying they had a 'top five' preseason offense. Repeat to yourself... o f f s e a s o n.

No, more than anything, the Jags gave this one away. They went out there and repeatedly shot themselves in the foot with dropped passes, fumbling, missed field goal and extra point, and interceptions. Take away some of those blunders and the game outcome is different.

To add insult to injury, our LT (who was already of questionable merit) went down with an ankle injury (again) and his backup is the laughing stock of the NFL. I heard that they kept Sam Young for his size... but you've got to be kidding me; the man is awful!

Actually, our defense was (contrary to what we witnessed during the preseason, once again) pretty good. But they just aren't good enough to compensate for an offense that can't seem to get out of it's own way!

Quote:New mascot is terrible. At one point in the game, they introduced him as the best mascot in all of sports, and then he proceeded to ride a bicycle through the end zone. It was really a weird, awkward moment.
^
Its sad that were talking about the dang mascot. Its going to be a long, depressing season.lol

Quote:^

Its sad that were talking about the dang mascot. Its going to be a long, depressing season.lol
lol it's because he's been the only good thing since the Coughlin era.

Quote:All teams have a void on their team. Tennessee were playing without their best WR in Benjamin and they overcame that. The list goes on for all teams but the difference is that we put all our eggs in one basket and pray that one of our players don't get hurt. We do not have any depth on our team and I am sorry to say this but it looks like were not any further in our rebuilding process than when Dave and Gus took over.

The point remains, the defense played well despite not having Marks out there.  It only gets better when he's on the field.  Not sure what the debate is over here.

Quote:thats not good mascot is supposse to be seen win,or lose. I'll come be the new mascot. I'm good at it. I'm the mascot were i voltunteer at here in north caronlina. I would just need someone to comepick me up here,and drive me down there.

There are bigger issues than the mascot right now, Wolfie.

Quote:There are bigger issues than the mascot right now, Wolfie.

It's all we used to have to look forward to lol, and now that's gone! Wallbash

Quote:It's all we used to have to look forward to lol, and now that's gone! Wallbash
Time for them to actually fix what matters I guess.

Quote:The point remains, the defense played well despite not having Marks out there.  It only gets better when he's on the field.  Not sure what the debate is over here.

If Marks was on the field, we still get the big fat Loss. Marks would not have made the loss feel any better.