Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of the job Gus Bradley is doing as head coach?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

The Official Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell Approval Poll

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 11:50 PM by clfcrn777.)

Gus always preaches "playing a complete game".

When has this offense ever played a complete game? Eventually you just feel dumb expecting it to happen.

Who the hell are the people voting "yes"? What possible reason could you have for your support?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gus always preaches "playing a complete game".

When has this offense ever played a complete game? Eventually you just feel dumb expecting it to happen.

Who the hell are the people voting "yes"? What possible reason could you have for your support?

A logical person would say no. Amazing. ..
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Dave is doing ok in the mid to late rounds but his first and second rd picks haven't produced. Yeldon looked good today, Bortles struggled mightily. ARob and Lee need to step up. 2013 looking like it's a draft to just flush down the toilet. Not good when your best player from a draft is a backup RB

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 12:12 AM by Scarecrow.)

This poll should allow us to see who voted for what.  

How anyone in their right mind has faith in Gus is beyond me.

Good guy, bad head coach.  His in game management of the team has been bad and it didn't get any better today.

Quote:This poll should allow us to see who voted for what.

How anyone in their right mind has faith in Gus is beyond me.

Good guy, bad head coach. His in game management of the team has been bad and it didn't get any better today.

I have faith in him.

Faith that nothing will change, we will not adjust in the 2nd half, we will fail to develop.

Quote:It's not "being in the game" when you have no faith in your offense whatsoever to produce in the second half. The minute the Panthers got to 20 you knew it was over, don't lie to yourself.

After Poz picked off Cam Newton almost in the red zone yet the offense failed to get even a field goal I must admit a gut feeling I had that the season was going to be very bad due to the offense blowing again...

but again its only one game into the season

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 01:31 AM by clfcrn777.)

Quote:After Poz picked off Cam Newton almost in the red zone yet the offense failed to get even a field goal I must admit a gut feeling I had that the season was going to be very bad due to the offense blowing again...

but again its only one game into the season
I think this almost underscores my concern. We arent even a good enough team to win when things are going our way. Poz Int, some early stops by the defense. But then we just go on and beat ourselves on offense and special teams. It's absurd. How are we supposed to beat elite teams who arent injury plagued and don't make mistakes? How many years until we become competitive with them?

Quote:How delusional is some of our fan base?

Yeah.. because the whole fan base didn't know we were 7-25 last week and Gus stared down Yeldon on the pick six. Gus also should have protected the ball better so he didn't fumble it. Not to mention Gus kicks for [BLEEP].

Delusional would be saying we are still winning the Super Bowl. Knee jerk is wanting to blow everything up after the first game because you are psychologically butt hurt and can't deal with a week one loss. Let the guy go 0-4 at least before you start calling for his head. Give this team a chance to respond to the adversity of an opening loss.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Yeah.. because the whole fan base didn't know we were 7-25 last week and Gus stared down Yeldon on the pick six. Gus also should have protected the ball better so he didn't fumble it. Not to mention Gus kicks for [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Delusional would be saying we are still winning the Super Bowl. Knee jerk is wanting to blow everything up after the first game because you are psychologically butt hurt and can't deal with a week one loss. Let the guy go 0-4 at least before you start calling for his head. Give this team a chance to respond to the adversity of an opening loss.

Knee jerk?

You realize this is the same team we saw in 2012, 2013, 2014, and then yesterday.  Don't act as though this team is progressing.  It's the SAME TEAM...  

Knee jerk would be freaking out after week 1 of 2013, or maybe even week 1 of 2014. 

But we've seen this movie before...  It doesn't start out really well.  Then it gets worse.  Then we end the season with a few meaningless wins...  Rinse, repeat.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 07:31 AM by Kotite.)

Can we have the mental fortitude to see how the team reacts next week before we curl up into a ball and suck our thumbs? It's the first week of the season for crying out loud.

Quote:Can we have the mental fortitude to see how the team reacts next week before we curl up into a ball and suck our thumbs? It's the first week of the season for crying out loud.

It's been said every year, and here we are...same story. I hope we win next week, but I can't logically see how it's possible. Panthers are a worse team than the fins.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

It was kind of funny yesterday, just before the kickoff, when the new mascot, Jaxson-Lite, tried to lead the cheer "We Are..........Jaguars", and received no response from the crowd. He simply threw his hands up in the air and ran off the field.

Quote:It was kind of funny yesterday, just before the kickoff, when the new mascot, Jaxson-Lite, tried to lead the cheer "We Are..........Jaguars", and received no response from the crowd. He simply threw his hands up in the air and ran off the field.

Great now I can't even count on JAxson.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Caldwell will be hear next year... Gus might not see game 6.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

No

No

No

Quote:Can we have the mental fortitude to see how the team reacts next week before we curl up into a ball and suck our thumbs? It's the first week of the season for crying out loud.

That's the thing. It is not one game. It's 33 games and the team still stinks.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 09:05 AM by Kotite.)

It's one game with Skuta, House, Sergio, Rashad, Yeldon, Wiz, Odrick, Parnell and injured Julius Thomas. It's a new season. Let's see where we are 4-5 games in before we line up like lemmings to jump off the Modis Building.

Quote:It's one game with Skuta, House, Sergio, Rashad, Yeldon, Wiz, Odrick, Parnell and injured Julius Thomas. It's a new season. Let's see where we are 4-5 games in before we line up like lemmings to jump off the Modis Building.

It was a terribly played game on offense. The defense showed up.

So I'm willing to see what happens over the next few weeks.

But I'm not going to fall for it anymore. We appear outclassed in terms of coaching... but maybe we turn it around. We shall see

Quote:It's one game with Skuta, House, Sergio, Rashad, Yeldon, Wiz, Odrick, Parnell and injured Julius Thomas. It's a new season. Let's see where we are 4-5 games in before we line up like lemmings to jump off the Modis Building.

We arent beating indy, and we arent beating NE. People, it's not hard to figure out where we'll be 4 games in

Quote:We arent beating indy, and we arent beating NE. People, it's not hard to figure out where we'll be 4 games in

Colts just got abused. They are beatable.