Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Lee Enigma

Quote:He's certainly squandering opportunity. Talent means squat if you can't contribute on the field.
You make it sound like he injured himself on purpose.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has a hamstring injury, he ran full speed this week, he will most likely be back next week, its not a big deal, people are acting like he has a lil injury every time he's on the field.

Last year when he came back he didnt get hurt the rest of the year.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

People are already writing him off before his second season has even begun. He would need to be out all of this season and next season just to be on the same career path as Jimmy Smith.

Relax. It just a hamstring injury for a guy at the beginning of his career. It's not the end of the road for him.

Quote:You make it sound like he injured himself on purpose.

Talk about overdramatic!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:People are already writing him off before his second season has even begun. He would need to be out all of this season and next season just to be on the same career path as Jimmy Smith.

Relax. It just a hamstring injury for a guy at the beginning of his career. It's not the end of the road for him.

Hes on the same path as CS3 and Mike Sims-Walker. Can't blame fans for being frustrated when all their playmakers are injured over and over again.

Quote:People are already writing him off before his second season has even begun. He would need to be out all of this season and next season just to be on the same career path as Jimmy Smith.

This

Thank you for having some knowledge of history when you make posts. It's like some of the people hear have no idea that players such as Jimmy started his career with a horrible injury history which lead to his release from the Cowboys.

Living with in Texas I had a conversation with an older gentleman who is a Cowboys fan. He always tells me "man if not we would have held on to Smith back in the day when we had Irvin. We might have squeezed out one more championship." This team is not so far along to not wait to see if a young guy can recover from an injury. Patience is required.

A newer example of this would be Colvin. From ACL rehab as a rookie to starting CB.

If Lee becomes the deep (or any) threat he's capable of, I will gladly eat my words with a double dose of gravy and even buy his jersey.  'Til then, meh.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:Hes on the same path as CS3 and Mike Sims-Walker. Can't blame fans for being frustrated when all their playmakers are injured over and over again.

I know, we should've cut Fragile Fred way sooner than we did.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I know, we should've cut Fragile Fred way sooner than we did.

Did i say we should cut him? Please, show me. No need to get butthurt.

Quote:Did i say we should cut him? Please, show me. No need to get butthurt.

Butthurt?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Talk about overdramatic!
Exactly drama queen.

Quote:Blackmon won it too, look how well hes worked out for us lol

Blackmon won it twice, and that wasn't my point whatsoever. My point was that he was injured frequently with hamstring problems in college.

We have 2 receivers that combined have won the best WR reward 3 times, and both completely useless. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:This

Thank you for having some knowledge of history when you make posts. It's like some of the people hear have no idea that players such as Jimmy started his career with a horrible injury history which lead to his release from the Cowboys.

Living with in Texas I had a conversation with an older gentleman who is a Cowboys fan. He always tells me "man if not we would have held on to Smith back in the day when we had Irvin. We might have squeezed out one more championship." This team is not so far along to not wait to see if a young guy can recover from an injury. Patience is required.

A newer example of this would be Colvin. From ACL rehab as a rookie to starting CB.

No way can you compare him to Jimmy Smith (at this point).  He can't stay on the field and when he is out there, hasn't produced much to speak of.

Quote:Hes on the same path as CS3 and Mike Sims-Walker. Can't blame fans for being frustrated when all their playmakers are injured over and over again.

Pretty much the road that it looks like he's going down.  I don't like it, and I hope that I'm wrong, but it's looking like this might be the first bust by Caldwell.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:No way can you compare him to Jimmy Smith (at this point).  He can't stay on the field and when he is out there, hasn't produced much to speak of.

Pretty much the road that it looks like he's going down.  I don't like it, and I hope that I'm wrong, but it's looking like this might be the first bust by Caldwell.
I know. Lee is way ahead of where Jimmy was at this point in his career. Jimmy couldn't get healthy enough to even make it to the field.

Quote:This

Hamstring injuries frequently keep coming back. Remember Fu?

Jimmy Smith had a broken leg and appendicitis. Unless your name is Leftwich, you probably won't continue to have broken legs. And I have never heard of anyone having to have their appendix removed more than once (although I'm sure someone somewhere must have).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:No way can you compare him to Jimmy Smith (at this point). He can't stay on the field and when he is out there, hasn't produced much to speak of.

Pretty much the road that it looks like he's going down. I don't like it, and I hope that I'm wrong, but it's looking like this might be the first bust by Caldwell.

Careful, they're going to immediately assume you want him cut.

Quote:I don't remember them saying that about Lee. I rectum you're mistaken.
Darn near killed 'em. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's kind of dumb to try to compare Jimmy Smith to Marquise Lee.  Two very different players and two totally different circumstances.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:It's kind of dumb to try to compare Jimmy Smith to Marquise Lee. Two very different players and two totally different circumstances.

They used to compare Sims-Walker and Derek Cox to Jimmy Smith too..

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 02:18 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Hamstring injuries frequently keep coming back. Remember Fu?

Jimmy Smith had a broken leg and appendicitis. Unless your name is Leftwich, you probably won't continue to have broken legs. And I have never heard of anyone having to have their appendix removed more than once (although I'm sure someone somewhere must have).
I don't think anyone is comparing the player but more so focusing on the fact that the guy was drafted with the knowledge of him having injuries. The guy was a top ten pick prior to the injuries. Caldwell very well may have taken him thinking to cash in on a year or two of building his body and working through rehabs.

We are using Jimmy to make the point that sometimes you have to be patient with some guys because they may actually get it together and become a good player. This team is not that great to move on from a guy that is having some injuries early in his career. Bringing him along slowly may pay huge dividends for us in the future. Hell maybe even this year.

Could he be a bust, sure but I like to give a guy their full three years before I determine what path they will go.