Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
30th In Pre-season Power Rankings...

30 is about right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a travesty!!!

We're way better than the tacks and the bucs!!!!!

Oh wait, no I guess this sounds about right...

No wait, we're better than the jets too!!!

We're #29, easy. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, can we make this an I hate espn thread? Yesterday they had two morons singing rob base... they don't even care about sports anymore.

Quote:If you're going off of performance from pre-season? How does that make sense? I know some of our key players are out, but its not like we struggled without them. Except for the pass rush.

Because this team hasn't been good in several seasons.  That's why it makes sense.

I'm going to quote Al Davis here, because if we want to move up in these useless power rankings all we have to do is "Just win, baby!" and that will solve it.

So long as we continue with the 2-14 or 3-13 seasons, nothing is going to change.

I do think we are on an upswing and this roster has more talent now than it has in a good while.  That is all projection and most national sportswriters aren't going to do that with unproven talent.  

The Jaguars have talent but the majority of it is unproven or hasn't shown their talent for long enough.  All we have to do is win and this false perception from fans that the majority of national sportswriters don't like us will go away.  They write about the things they think the most people want to read and that the most people will click on.  The Jaguars aren't yet a team that gets that favorable treatment.  Someday, though, someday soon.  It's coming.  

If Bortles continues to improve through the regular season that is all it will take.  Blake is the x factor.  If he plays well, the team will win more games.  He is the best QB this team has ever had and yes I'm saying he is more talented than Mark Brunell.  As a passer and his potential it's really not even close.  

Quote:Really embarrassing to review the Jaguars when you have no knowledge of the team. I guarantee they came up with this rating by looking at final scores the past three weeks, lol.

Man it would be nice to have a .500 season, or just a little above to shut these idiots up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...le-Jaguars

15 is the old 30.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:This is a travesty!!!

We're way better than the tacks and the bucs!!!!!

Oh wait, no I guess this sounds about right...

No wait, we're better than the jets too!!!

We're #29, easy. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, can we make this an I hate espn thread? Yesterday they had two morons singing rob base... they don't even care about sports anymore.

You don't know what you are talking about.  We have a PRO BOWL QB and the BEST WR corps in the league.  Our rookie running back is going to run for like 3000 yards this season and we are going to win every game by a margin of no less than 65-0.  Why we shouldn't be at the top of the all important power rankings is beyond me.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You don't know what you are talking about.  We have a PRO BOWL QB and the BEST WR corps in the league.  Our rookie running back is going to run for like 3000 yards this season and we are going to win every game by a margin of no less than 65-0.  Why we shouldn't be at the top of the all important power rankings is beyond me.
No one said anything like this. Everything you say on this message board is negative in some way. Always butt-hurt about something, or you get all emotional about people making silly nick names for players. Did you have a rough child hood? 

Quote:Really embarrassing to review the Jaguars when you have no knowledge of the team. I guarantee they came up with this rating by looking at final scores the past three weeks, lol.

Man it would be nice to have a .500 season, or just a little above to shut these idiots up.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap3000000520049/2015-Preseason-RanKings-30-Jacksonville-Jaguars'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap3000000520049/2015-Preseason-RanKings-30-Jacksonville-Jaguars</a>

I guess the Cowboys and Saints, at 0-3 in the pre-season, should be ranked 31 and 32.

Quote:You must care enough to comment
Some powerful logic right there.

Unfortunately, wrong.  I honestly couldn't care less what the preseason power rankings are for this team, but hey, if it's important to you, feel free to wring your hands and howl about the disrespect this franchise is being shown.  We'll all just sit back and have a good laugh.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I guess the Cowboys and Saints, at 0-3 in the pre-season, should be ranked 31 and 32.
Not saying that. I'm talking about what they said in the video. I don't agree with the ranking, I actually think we should be around 25 or 23 if we're basing it off of pre-season only, because that's what it is. It isn't regular season predictions or power rankings. It's pre-season. I was talking more about the video and what they said in it. They said nothing about why we are at that rank, just that our helmets are ugly lol.

Quote:Some powerful logic right there.

Unfortunately, wrong.  I honestly couldn't care less what the preseason power rankings are for this team, but hey, if it's important to you, feel free to wring your hands and howl about the disrespect this franchise is being shown.  We'll all just sit back and have a good laugh.
Thanks for sharing, I really cared about what you thought. 

Quote:Not saying that. I'm talking about what they said in the video. I don't agree with the ranking, I actually think we should be around 25 or 23 if we're basing it off of pre-season only, because that's what it is. It isn't regular season predictions or power rankings. It's pre-season. I was talking more about the video and what they said in it. They said nothing about why we are at that rank, just that our helmets are ugly lol.

I agree about the helmets.............Ugly.

Quote:Thanks for sharing, I really cared about what you thought. 
Using your logic, the fact that you responded confirms what you're saying.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Power rankings are usually just based on the past, not some projection into the future.    It's the safest and laziest way to create a power ranking.   Put New England at the top, put Seattle and Green Bay up there, and put the Jags, Titans, and Raiders at the bottom.    It's so easy.  
Pretty much.

You pick the way things finished last season, move a couple teams around you think are either on the rise or decline, hit the post button.

Haven't even looked at it yet, we'll see if I'm right.

Quote: 

Haven't even looked at it yet, we'll see if I'm right.
I'm not sitting through another 31 of those to see if I got it right.

That's some cheesy production right there.

Quote:I'm not sitting through another 31 of those to see if I got it right.

That's some cheesy production right there.
Exactly. I thought it was hilariously bad, and how they talked about the team. The only thing they went in depth with was the helmets. It's just funny to see people rank a team without any knowledge whatsoever.

Quote:No one said anything like this. Everything you say on this message board is negative in some way. Always butt-hurt about something, or you get all emotional about people making silly nick names for players. Did you have a rough child hood? 
Why was this posted with the OP (you) complaining about someone's "power rankings" complaining about it not being "right"?

So I'm negative?  Only against people like you that whine about some sports writer's opinion, or some other "fan" trashing players on the team.  I've never made a comment regarding the stupid nicknames that some come up with on here.  I would say that the "nicknames" are probably negative, wouldn't you?

By the way, since it seems important to you, I had a very good childhood.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Very few analyst do their homework on the jags

Quote:Regardless, until we prove ourselves. We are a bottom barrel team. Winning changes everything.
correct.  If we start winning respect will come

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ike Taylor is analyzing this...which means he is not credible what so ever.  I watched about 30 seconds, and that's all I needed to hear.  They hate the Jags, and they are justifying (or making crap up) to make their point for putting them at 30.  Ike Taylor on NFL network=Fail.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Why was this posted with the OP (you) complaining about someone's "power rankings" complaining about it not being "right"?

So I'm negative?  Only against people like you that whine about some sports writer's opinion, or some other "fan" trashing players on the team.  I've never made a comment regarding the stupid nicknames that some come up with on here.  I would say that the "nicknames" are probably negative, wouldn't you?

By the way, since it seems important to you, I had a very good childhood.
I guess we could sit around the message board and look at the same topics over and over if that makes you happy. Why not post something that is humorous and has an extremely bad analysis on the Jags? The main point was we were ranked very low for how decent we've played in the pre-season. Because, you know, that's what pre-season power rankings are... They rate you off of your pre-season performances! But they didn't go into detail about why we were ranked 30th, they said our pools were cool and the helmets were ugly. I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot: