Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars close to building indoor practice facility?

Quote:But...but...the Jaguars are moving to London, right? Or St. Louis? Or San Diego?

I love it when fans of other cities drive by the Bank and drop a For Sale sign in the yard. Wink

The rumor is he's developed a teleportation device so he can just move everything with the flip of a switch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The rumor is he's developed a teleportation device so he can just move everything with the flip of a switch.
Talk about the long con...

We are Jaguars.

Quote:The rumor is he's developed a teleportation device so he can just move everything with the flip of a switch.
London...the final frontier. These are the voyages of the franchise...KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Khan is a great owner and such a forward thinker. We are really lucky we have him. Go Jags
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Great!

Quote:Khan is the man

Came to say exactly this
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That earth-shattering kaboom you just heard were the Rams' fans collectively facedesking when they remembered Khan could have been the Rams' owner instead of Kroenke. 

This has been needed for a looooooong time like since the Jaguars came to be
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:I would say they saw the pricetag associated with the shipyards cleanup, and decided this had to move forward without being attached to it.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the Shipyards project will take years to bring to reality while building an indoor practice facility on the current grounds where the Pepsi Plaza is can be done pretty quickly.  I'm curious to see if that means the current practice facility will become additional parking?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That earth-shattering kaboom you just heard were the Rams' fans collectively facedesking when they remembered Khan could have been the Rams' owner instead of Kroenke. 

Along with that dude in San Diego who wrote an article yesterday suggesting the Jags should move to their fine town as soon as the Chargers bolt for LA (pun intended). 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Can we ban the word forward thinker for at least one page?!?!?!? Smile

Not sure why he's doing this since the team is moving the San Diego to help out Miami somehow. 

Quote:Not sure why he's doing this since the team is moving the San Diego to help out Miami somehow. 

Yeah, and amazingly enough, it's as if Tampa doesn't exist.  Orlando is strictly a Dolphin's market that resents having Jacksonville so close.

Let's not get into the fact that, according to his article, the Jaguars have the 4th worst stadium in the NFL.

Quote:Yeah, and amazingly enough, it's as if Tampa doesn't exist.  Orlando is strictly a Dolphin's market that resents having Jacksonville so close.

Let's not get into the fact that, according to his article, the Jaguars have the 4th worst stadium in the NFL.
I can't with these people. I literally get unreasonably angry when this stuff continually comes up. I know Hacker had him on today and I didn't listen because I didn't want to hear a bunch of made up crap!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015, 04:41 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:I think it has more to do with the fact that the Shipyards project will take years to bring to reality while building an indoor practice facility on the current grounds where the Pepsi Plaza is can be done pretty quickly.  I'm curious to see if that means the current practice facility will become additional parking?

Or more room to get creative.  Exciting stuff.

Parking would make sense as they are looking to tap additional revenue.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I can't with these people. I literally get unreasonably angry when this stuff continually comes up. I know Hacker had him on today and I didn't listen because I didn't want to hear a bunch of made up crap!

It was underwhelming.  They played with kid gloves, and he rambled a bit, using the "idea" defense.  Like the original article, waste of time mostly.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It was underwhelming.  They played with kid gloves, and he rambled a bit, using the "idea" defense.  Like the original article, waste of time mostly.
So, he really had nothing to substantiate his "facts" or whatever he said? I didn't read the article.

the shipyard area is too dirty to build on it.. time to move on and build something that we can have the NFL Combine in!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Khan is a great owner and it helps that he is 6th wealthiest of the 32 NFL owners. Also that he is a visionary and isn't afraid to spend his own hard earned money on his Jaguars. 

Isn't that new Dreamfinders house on the South End? Or is it more Southeast of Stadium?