Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Branch to miss significant time

Quote:No big loss. Aldon Smith is still available
If available means suspended all season, then yeah, he's available.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh no, not Branch. Welp, there goes the season

I take it you're being sarcastic.

It's not like Branch was exactly doing much of anything before the injury.
Also, I don't see why the injury should entail "significant time." I think these were Gus' words, but an MCL is rarely ever more than a 3-week injury. Is he saying that three weeks is signficant?

'02

Quote:I take it you're being sarcastic.

It's not like Branch was exactly doing much of anything before the injury.
Also, I don't see why the injury should entail "significant time." I think these were Gus' words, but an MCL is rarely ever more than a 3-week injury. Is he saying that three weeks is signficant?

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Admittedly, I thought Branch would perform much better than he has to this point. I thought it was a good pick when they drafted him. It's still early in his career. He may get better,, but it doesn't look likely.

Dwight Freeney is a 35 year old free agent, and could join Clemons as the "AARP Attack". 

Quote:Dwight Freeney is a 35 year old free agent, and could join Clemons as the "AARP Attack". 
There is zero chance of upside with him.

I think I would rather raid someone's practice squad. At least there might be a tiny chance of some upside.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 03:24 AM by Sosa.)

So what is "significant time" to Gus? MCL sprains don't take half of the season to heal. Does he consider missing four weeks (starting now) "significant"? That's only two games missed. Perhaps this is a windmill sprain and that will take much longer. I'm going to assume however many times he has flailed his way into the dirt, will translate into weeks.

I'm sorry to see that Andre Branch got injured in the game the other night.   I recall the announcers mentioning he was injured but don't recall the play he was injured on.   Hopefully,  he will make a full recovery soon.  

That interception he made against Matthew Stafford in the pre-season last year in Detroit would have been in strong nomination for Defensive play of the week ( or even month if there is such a thing ) if it was a regular season game.  

The truth is Branch's injury will have little impact on the defensive line.  Branch was invisible most of the time.  I would not be shocked to see him get cut. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:The truth is Branch's injury will have little impact on the defensive line.  Branch was invisible most of the time.  I would not be shocked to see him get cut. 
Feels like the writings on the wall at this point!

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:The truth is Branch's injury will have little impact on the defensive line. Branch was invisible most of the time. I would not be shocked to see him get cut.

Am I correct in saying he's on his last year of contract ? If he's going to miss significant time, mind as well part ways now and try to use one of our younger guys to see what they have, like Chris Smith.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Am I correct in saying he's on his last year of contract ? If he's going to miss significant time, mind as well part ways now and try to use one of our younger guys to see what they have, like Chris Smith.

Yeah, and that seems to be what Gus is doing (giving Smith opportunities on 1st/2nd downs) I still would like to see them add one more player somehow. Really wish we would have double dipped with Gregory in the 2nd

will be interesting to see Chris Smith get a real chance at LEO.

Out of everyone on this roster (except for Dante Fowler), Smith has the best measurables/skills to be a good LEO.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Never good to hear about someone being hurt. However, I'm not sure if he will be on the roster much longer. I do agree he might not be good but he could still be better than whats left now. Then again I would hope Smith could come in and translate well.

Quote:Any defensive ends that come available in free agency, specifically from Seattle or Atlanta, I'm sure we will take a look at.

We need Marks back bad, because we have no one that can win 1 on 1 match ups

When was the last time Atlanta had a decent DE?
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:When was the last time Atlanta had a decent DE?
Osi Umenyiora in 2013? 7.5 sacks isn't bad.

Before that, probably John Abraham and/or Patrick Kerney.

Quote:Osi Umenyiora in 2013? 7.5 sacks isn't bad.

Before that, probably John Abraham and/or Patrick Kerney.

Point being they aren't a team that is going to cut a decent DE.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Point being they aren't a team that is going to cut a decent DE.
No argument there.

Quote:Point being they aren't a team that is going to cut a decent DE.
Just mentioned them because Dan Quinn is there, and will be running a similar system.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Just mentioned them because Dan Quinn is there, and will be running a similar system.

Falcons made the fatal mistake of getting skill players with no linemen, on either side of the ball. I'm a firm believer that games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

@BigCatCountry: Why I’m not worried about Andre Branch missing some games for the #Jaguars: http://t.co/bpGTv8hSSc https://t.co/KovaeA5SNr

Smh...