Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump's Domestic Task Force

Quote:Enforcing the law. What a novel concept. It's pretty easy to understand why the resident liberals are so clueless over such a simple concept. Their messiah didn't ever bother to do it.

Welcome back to reality, libs.

You shouldn't have slept through Government class when they were explaining Executive Branch responsibilities.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You shouldn't have slept through Government class when they were explaining Executive Branch responsibilities.

If Hillary even thought of something like this there would be no end of Dakota's whimpering about the Gestapo, liberalism being a mental disorder - you know, the usual blather.

Funny how it was never about political principles and views of the proper role of government. Now that The Donald is in office the "small government conservatives" suddenly have no problem with expanding the role and power of government. Because they care! The problems of the inner-city have always been priority #1 with Trump and his supporters. Right?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Some should probably research Judicial and Police reform. Obama and Fergusons task force? Funny how this gets quietly ignored and then Trump is looking for ways to address an issue that even the last POTUS could not fix and in his own state, but now we must be outraged! I got to give the left cudos...persistent suckers.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:You shouldn't have slept through Government class when they were explaining Executive Branch responsibilities.
And you shouldn't have had your head in the sand for 8 years while laws were being told to ignore.

I guess you missed that day too....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Some should probably research Judicial and Police reform. Obama and Fergusons task force? Funny how this gets quietly ignored and then Trump is looking for ways to address an issue that even the last POTUS could not fix and in his own state, but now we must be outraged! I got to give the left cudos...persistent suckers.
They are liberals. Statements like that will only confuse them. They will melt down even more and their friends will laugh at them. That is IF they even have any friends....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:They are liberals. Statements like that will only confuse them. They will melt down even more and their friends will laugh at them. That is IF they even have any friends....
If they have friends??!!!!

Wooooo! Hot take! Hot take!

Quote:If they have friends??!!!!

Wooooo! Hot take! Hot take!

I know, right?

The zingers just keep on coming...

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 06:43 AM by EricC85.)

A task force is nothing new. Now if he starts sending them into cities with federal authority to clean up what the local municipalitues don't id have a problem with that. But right now it reads like a task force to gather options on what to do about various problems. Some of you guys are talking about this like it's the formation of third riech.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 04:47 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:A task force is nothing new. Now if he starts sending them into cities with federal authority to clean up what the local municipalitues don't id have a problem with that. But right now it reads like a task force to gather options on what to do about various problems. Some of you guys are talking about this like it's the formation of third riech.

So when is the task force coming to Jacksonville? Seems Chicago was a target mainly because a it's Obamas home not because Trump cares about its people.

Quote:So when is the task force coming to Jacksonville? Seems Chicago was a target mainly because a it's Obamas home not because Trump cares about its people.

There are already several in Jacksonville and throughout the US. Keep reaching.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:This is not about anything that had been in place, and if they are used to deport illegals, they're certainly not limited to that.
The task force was created in a recent executive order, and Trump talked about it briefly at his Florida rally even suggesting they could be used to help combat the murder problem in Chicago.

The crazy thing is that you don't really see reports about this in the news as it's something I find fascinating. Is Trump a fascist dictator? Well, no because he's a POTUS with limited power, and that's not changing. However, I do recognize some fascist-like tendencies on his part including the creation of this special domestic task force, but moreover his intense nationalism to the point of building a wall, and his desire to build the strongest military to ever exist on the planet. Still, I trust him more than I've trusted a POTUS in a long, long time, and I feel like so much more can be accomplished if everyone would work with him instead of so many just piling on the hate for anything and everything he does no matter what it is.

Instead of a link, I'll post the entire part of the executive order dealing with the task force (from CNN)...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 9, 2017

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

TASK FORCE ON CRIME REDUCTION AND PUBLIC SAFETY

By the authority vested in me as President by the

Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in

order to reduce crime and restore public safety to communities

across the Nation, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. It shall be the policy of

the executive branch to reduce crime in America. Many

communities across the Nation are suffering from high rates of

violent crime. A focus on law and order and the safety and

security of the American people requires a commitment to

enforcing the law and developing policies that comprehensively

address illegal immigration, drug trafficking, and violent

crime. The Department of Justice shall take the lead on

Federal actions to support law enforcement efforts nationwide and

to collaborate with State, tribal, and local jurisdictions to

restore public safety to all of our communities.

Sec. 2. Task Force. (a) In furtherance of the policy

described in section 1 of this order, I hereby direct the

Attorney General to establish, and to appoint or designate an

individual or individuals to chair, a Task Force on Crime

Reduction and Public Safety (Task Force). The Attorney General

shall, to the extent permitted by law, provide administrative

support and funding for the Task Force.

( B) The Attorney General shall determine the

characteristics of the Task Force, which shall be composed

of individuals appointed or designated by him.

© The Task Force shall:

(i)

exchange information and ideas among its

members that will be useful in developing strategies

to reduce crime, including, in particular, illegal

immigration, drug trafficking, and violent crime;

(ii)

based on that exchange of information and

ideas, develop strategies to reduce crime;

That's it?   All that says is "we want to reduce crime, and I'm setting up a committee to talk about it."

Quote:Talk about mole hills and mountains

For God's sake, that is about the most toothless "Executive Order" I've ever seen.   About all it says is "Crime's a problem, so we're going to talk about it." 

Oh... so this isn't Trump's personal domestic military/police?

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 07:26 PM by Solid Snake.)

Why are guns never part of the equation when it comes to crime? I'm not saying infringe on people's rights but it's extremely easy to get a permit and buy some devestatingly powerful weapons.

Or actually what about taking a hard look at the factors that lead to crime and violence: lack of education, joblessness, poor investment in communities, lack of affordable access to mental/behavioral health facilities?

Bringing the Feds and more cops is a reactionary policy. It does not address the systemic issues.

Quote:Why are guns never part of the equation when it comes to crime? I'm not saying infringe on people's rights but it's extremely easy to get a permit and buy some devestatingly powerful weapons.

Or actually what about taking a hard look at the factors that lead to crime and violence: lack of education, joblessness, poor investment in communities, lack of affordable access to mental/behavioral health facilities?

Bringing the Feds and more cops is a reactionary policy. It does not address the systemic issues.
Maybe you should spend some time on Google and see how many of those crimes are committed with illegal guns.

Start with Chiraq. Maybe Detroit or DC. You know, the places where only criminals have guns. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

I'm sure this will go well above your head though. Fake scientists who believe fake news don't typically understand reality.

Quote:Maybe you should spend some time on Google and see how many of those crimes are committed with illegal guns.

Start with Chiraq. Maybe Detroit or DC. You know, the places where only criminals have guns. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

I'm sure this will go well above your head though. Fake scientists who believe fake news don't typically understand reality.

I wish you'd stop with the fake scientist spiel. My work ensures you have access to clean drinking water, air, food....and that your exposure to really bad diseases is minimized. What sort of public service to you provide?

Quote:I wish you'd stop with the fake scientist spiel. My work ensures you have access to clean drinking water, air, food....and that your exposure to really bad diseases is minimized. What sort of public service to you provide?

Idiotic spew laden drivel on an internet message board how liberals are the Devils poo. Oh and a bunch of communists.

Quote:...liberals are the Devils poo.

Well said. Totally agree.

'02

Quote:I wish you'd stop with the fake scientist spiel. My work ensures you have access to clean drinking water, air, food....and that your exposure to really bad diseases is minimized. What sort of public service to you provide?
LOL! Dreaming doesn't make it happen, slappy.

Quote: 

Well said. Totally agree.

I agree too, with one caveat, that is insulting to the devil's poo. liberals are much much worse.

History will eventually show that they are the root cause for most of the world's problems.