Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Good, Bad and the Ugly for Pre Wk 3

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 02:35 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:I don't get the "hate" for Chad Henne.  I thought that he did pretty well in the role that he is in, that being the backup quarterback.  Sure Blake Bortles is clearly better, but should he go down for some reason, I don't think that Chad Henne is going to lose games for you.
He'll only fumble the ball on the goal-line for you and can't see a 6 foot, 100mph animal running at him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They said the line didn't block for him. All I saw was running into the line. #VisionOnVacation. Underwhelming. He'll get better.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:He'll only fumble the ball on the goal-line for you and can't see a 6 foot, 100mph animal running at him.

Oh please.   Rolleyes   Point out the play and describe what he should have done instead.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Oh please.   Rolleyes   Point out the play and describe what he should have done instead.
Not sit there and be blind? Not suck for his entire career? Not fumble the ball at clutch moments at the 5 yard line? Hold onto the lead and not make your team lose. If that was the regular season, Henne would be going against starters and would've been eaten alive. Do you not remember how he played last year? He doesn't win you games and can't hold the lead.

Quote:Not sit there and be blind? Not suck for his entire career? Not fumble the ball at clutch moments at the 5 yard line? Hold onto the lead and not make your team lose. If that was the regular season, Henne would be going against starters and would've been eaten alive. Do you not remember how he played last year? He doesn't win you games and can't hold the lead.

So him getting creamed was his fault?  Gotcha.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 03:59 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

The Good: Bortles was hot. Even though we had some drops, we had some nice catches while in stride by several different players. Hurns was awesome. Mercedes even looked a like TE that still had some relevance.

The Bad: run defense rolling out the red carpet, no pass rush, secondary getting beat. Basically the whole defense was bad. #liability. And Yeldon did not do anything (besides a 10 yard catch), to make me think that he is "the man" at RB. Not saying he won't be, but I think everyone expected to see more. I think Ameer, and every merry fellow of the Lions' RB's outshined TJ, and our crew. They were running against the Lions defense however.

The Ugly: Chad Henne. This guy freezes during any rush at all. Seeing him play last night reminded me of when he and Gabbert took turns being tackling dummies for opposing teams a couple of years ago. No escape ability at all.

Quote:I don't get the "hate" for Chad Henne.  I thought that he did pretty well in the role that he is in, that being the backup quarterback.  Sure Blake Bortles is clearly better, but should he go down for some reason, I don't think that Chad Henne is going to lose games for you.

Hello Mrs. Henne, welcome to the Jags board.

I'm sure Chad appreciates your support.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Colvin got caught looking, and then when he tried to whip himself back around to Tate, he stumbled and was 2-3 strides behind him by the point.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_7_45_06_PM.png]

sorry for poor quality screen shot off a video..  but to argue your point and even agree with it a bit.  ya Tate had 2-3 strides on him however Colvin seemed to make up those strides quickly as you see him almost on top of him at this point and if his arm is a lil longer having a shot at swatting it.  The truth is that was a great throw in a small window a long ways down field.

after years of watching guys like Drayton Florence, Will James, Derek Cox and so many forgettable others get beat deep the difference here is it took a great throw for the play to happen.  Tate was open, but he wasn't wide open like so many others have been.

I added the safety in the picture to show how far away he is in the play, i don't know the coverage or what happened to bring him up but he seems to be out of position

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I don't either.  Sure he has limitations, mostly physical but he has everything else you could want.  He can't carry a team obviously but he is understands the game and on a good team he could get you through a few games in a pinch..  Also, he's a professional and knows his role.  We could do worse in a backup QB.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:He'll only fumble the ball on the goal-line for you and can't see a 6 foot, 100mph animal running at him.

So you're saying he's flawed?  If he had no flaws he'd probably not be a backup, yes?

Quote:[Image: Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_7_45_06_PM.png]

sorry for poor quality screen shot off a video.. but to argue your point and even agree with it a bit. ya Tate had 2-3 strides on him however Colvin seemed to make up those strides quickly as you see him almost on top of him at this point and if his arm is a lil longer having a shot at swatting it. The truth is that was a great throw in a small window a long ways down field.

after years of watching guys like Drayton Florence, Will James, Derek Cox and so many forgettable others get beat deep the difference here is it took a great throw for the play to happen. Tate was open, but he wasn't wide open like so many others have been.

I added the safety in the picture to show how far away he is in the play, i don't know the coverage or what happened to bring him up but he seems to be out of position

Thanks for the pic. I agree 100%. I did not mention he caught back up because if he would have stuck with him versus looking for the ball, I believe he would have had a better shot at making it incomplete.

Colvin is quick, and I'm glad he made the mistake in preseason.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Tate and Stafford is a really good combo in this league. I can't think of 10 more deadly combos.

I can think of one... Calvin Johnson and Stafford.

Before the game I mentioned Tate and Johnson as possibly being the best WR duo in the league and was questioned for saying as much. I'm thinking nobody is questioning this take now. The only other duo that comes close in my mind is Denver's with Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. The Bills, Bucs and Steelers also have intriguing WR duos.

'02

Quote:Good - Bortles, offense continuing to move the ball

bad - Yeldon, run blocking, receiver drops

ugly - run defense, Joekel, Beadles

Beadles???

'02

Quote:So you're saying he's flawed?  If he had no flaws he'd probably not be a backup, yes?
He's bad man. I don't know how to say it any other way. He has lost us multiple games in the past and never does his job properly. He can't hold onto the lead and close it out like a quality backup QB. You're either going to get a good Henne or a terrible version of Gabbert 2.0

Quote:So him getting creamed was his fault?  Gotcha.
Did you even watch the game? He didn't even get hit. He fumbled it standing still.

Quote:
Quote:I don't either.  Sure he has limitations, mostly physical but he has everything else you could want.  He can't carry a team obviously but he is understands the game and on a good team he could get you through a few games in a pinch..  Also, he's a professional and knows his role.  We could do worse in a backup QB.

You don't think he'd lose games for the Jaguars either? Did you guys happen to notice he just did? The Jaguars were in scoring position and he let the ball slip out of his hands untouched ultimately resulting in a score for the other team. Sorry, but Chenne is easily among the league's worst backups, and his limitations are not just physical. He can't see more than a dozen yards downfield which is why he always checks down unless there's a player streaking wide open.

'02

[Image: SGVphIa.jpg?1]

Quote:You don't think he'd lose games for the Jaguars either? Did you guys happen to notice he just did? The Jaguars were in scoring position and he let the ball slip out of his hands untouched ultimately resulting in a score for the other team. Sorry, but Chenne is easily among the league's worst backups, and his limitations are not just physical. He can't see more than a dozen yards downfield which is why he always checks down unless there's a player streaking wide open.

I don't think he'd lose games for us with a good supporting cast.  He's not all that great of a QB due mostly to the fact that he can't make the throws that good QBs can make.  He'll make mistakes sure but it's not like good QBs don't make mistakes.  Heck, Favre was famous for fumbles.  At his level it's mostly about the mental aspect of the game.

Quote:I don't think he'd lose games for us with a good supporting cast.  He's not all that great of a QB due mostly to the fact that he can't make the throws that good QBs can make.  He'll make mistakes sure but it's not like good QBs don't make mistakes.  Heck, Favre was famous for fumbles.  At his level it's mostly about the mental aspect of the game.

It's not so much that he can't make the throws as much as it is that he won't make the throws necessary to win games. If Henne is playing, there's a 80-20 chance of losing the game, and the 20 is all about the running game, defense and special teams.

'02

Quote:[Image: SGVphIa.jpg?1]

Hahahaha
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]