Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Demetrius McCray is the most underrated player".

Quote:Man, in glad we got good corners!!

I was sick of watching gratz start 8 yards off the LOS and immediately back pedal upon the snap. Hopefully we don't see that anymore!
He could not play press if his life depended on it

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agreed. Mathis did get a ton of INT's.
He had a knack for picking off Steeler's QB's. I remember in the MNF game in 2006, he had two picks against Big Ben, and in the playoff game he intercepted him twice and returned one for a TD. He also intercepted him again in 2008, and had that game winning pick 6 in OT against the Steelers in 2005.

Man, our defense was feared back then.

JDR and Mike Smith concoctions...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

If Mccray is this good then why do the coaching staff like colvin better?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:If Mccray is this good then why do the coaching staff like colvin better?
#becausejaguars

I kid, I kid.

Quote:If Mccray is this good then why do the coaching staff like colvin better?

No one has said they like Colvin better. They obviously invested a 4th round pick on Colvin where McCray was a 7th round selection swinging for the fences. Right now the staff is trying to discover his place in this defense. Right now they believe he has strength and agility to match up outside so that's where they are putting him. They're still figuring out what they have in him. 

DMac we need ya man

Quote:DMac we need ya man

This.

Colvin got burned and House gave up a big catch as well. That doesn't happen on DMac's watch.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This.

Colvin got burned

Roasted

Quote:This.

Colvin got burned and House gave up a big catch as well. That doesn't happen on DMac's watch.

I still like Colvin, but I think posters are getting ahead of themselves when they claim that House or Colvin is better than Demetrius.

In Colvin's defense, he was just a couple steps behind but at least he did get his head turned around and his hand up. If that ball was at all underthrown, that would not have been a completion. Stafford is a highly underrated qb in this league.

'02

Quote:I still like Colvin, but I think posters are getting ahead of themselves when they claim that House or Colvin is better than Demetrius.

In Colvin's defense, he was just a couple steps behind but at least he did get his head turned around and his hand up. If that ball was at all underthrown, that would not have been a completion. Stafford is a highly underrated qb in this league.

Almost doesn't count. Almost is the difference between an incompletion and a TD.

[Image: burnt-toast.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I still like Colvin, but I think posters are getting ahead of themselves when they claim that House or Colvin is better than Demetrius.

That's what I saw too. McCray needs to start.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I will post the proper post tomorrow see how it goes

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 02:07 AM by The_Anchorman.)

It's pretty weird...  I never see McCray...  But I always see House and Colvin...  

At some point you got to wonder if the opposing team understands not to go after McCrays side of the field.

I mean, let's see how the regular season pans out.  But man, it just seems like McCray is either really good and so they don't go after him.  Or really lucky that every time the opposing QB decides to go at another WR.  

It's uncanny.

I haven't seen anything special from House yet and felt we overpaid for him to begin with. I felt he was thrown into the starting role from day one simply because of the overpay and so far it's looking like it.

My eyes have said that McCray (from the beginning) and Colvin are the two best CBs on this roster and should be the two starters. House should be the one coming in when Colvin moves inside.

House has been the one who has been picked on the most this preseason and I doubt that'll change much come the regular season. Hopefully it's just the preseason and House picks it up come the regular season and proves it.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 05:38 AM by Dockerill91.)

Completely agree I remember recently a thread on Colvin defending McCray and saying how he was our best CB and the McCray supporters were being called 'blindly emotional' or among those lines and how Colvin was more of a baller.

Seems those people haven't been around to post on the board for a couple of days.

Edit: After reading the thread can see it was Mainly Pirkster who I seemingly remember having a grudge against McCray last year aswel Smile

I'll take consistent play from McCray over a chance for a play on the ball with Colvin/House. I like all three of them, but I think we're better off matching McCray with the best receivers. Colvin and House can still make plays on the field and shut-down #2 and #3's.

McCray is a nice find in the 7th.

Colvin also seems like a nice player, but the local media and the fans are so giddy over him that it's actually ridiculous. I know it sounds like I'm just saying that because he gave up a TD, but that amount of positivity and trust in a player is crazy. He played fine for 6 games last year. He picked up a fumble and ran it back for a TD.. I think without that happening, there wouldn't be so much hype about him.

I think he is going to be a nice player, but let's not make him something that he isn't (yet).
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I like all three of the CBs, but my favorite is definitely McCray. Seems like a steady CB that won't get you picks, but will absolutely stifle the production of the WR he is covering.

fun to watch (or not watch if I'm watching the TV), and I want him on the field as much as possible.

Quote:Edit: After reading the thread can see it was Mainly Pirkster who I seemingly remember having a grudge against McCray last year aswel Smile

Yeah, Pirkstir thinks Colvin is the next Derrell Revis.

'02