Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Bortles throws over 20 TD's this season?
Over
Under
[Show Results]

Over/Under on Blake Bortles 2015 season.

Quote:O-line is a HUGE unknown factor in this, but I think we'll see something like

3400-3600 yards

17-19 TDs

11-13 INTs
ew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How the heck is BB going to throw 20 TDs when we feature 2015 Pro Bowler Toby the horse Gerhert running behind future HOF Luke Joekel

Quote:How the heck is BB going to throw 20 TDs when we feature 2015 Pro Bowler Toby the horse Gerhert running behind future HOF Luke Joekel
I think you just answered the question.

I think he's gonna be slinging the rock more than people think. Yeah, we'll WANT to lean on the run. But want in one hand and poop in the other and see what fills up faster.

24 TDs

16 int's

25 tds

16 ints

300 yards rushing

63%

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

4000 yard, 20 TDs, 12 interceptions would be wildly successful.  His arrow for 2016 would be pointing towards major breakout.

Keep in mind Tannehill had 3900/24/17 with 5 fumbles his second year before last year where he posted 4000/24/12.

Quote:4000 yard, 20 TDs, 12 interceptions would be wildly successful.  His arrow for 2016 would be pointing towards major breakout.

Keep in mind Tannehill had 3900/24/17 with 5 fumbles his second year before last year where he posted 4000/24/12.
Tannehill was also a 2 year project WR-QB convert.

We should expect better from Bortles.

I'd like to see Bortles year #2 closer to Tannehill's year 3

I've learned to expect nothing and hope for less.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I've learned to expect nothing and hope for less.
That's the spirit!

3500yds 20+ Tds is very achievable for a modern day QB hopefully Bortles can surpass that

IF everyone stays somewhat healthy, 30/15 is reachable

Quote:Tannehill was also a 2 year project WR-QB convert.

We should expect better from Bortles.

I'd like to see Bortles year #2 closer to Tannehill's year 3

You keep waiting for that.  If Bortles follows the same path as Tannehill I think the vast majority of Jag fans will be ecstatic, except for those who would complain irregardless of the situation.  

24 TDs and 17 ints is waaaay better than 11 tds and 16 ints.

Here's a question do you think Blake will have a better season than Jameis & Marcus...huum!

Quote:Here's a question do you think Blake will have a better season than Jameis & Marcus...huum!

Maybe not.  I think one of those guys, maybe both will have very good rookie seasons.  I am a firm believer than Bortles will have a better year in 2016 than their 2015 or 2016 campaigns. 

Quote:+1

BB's got some weapons now, and the vet that was missing last year.  Hopefully Julius will stay healthy.  I don't think he's capable of playing beneath his best.  We are so lucky to have him!

The sky's the limit really.  I genuinely believe we have the talent at WR and with JT and Lewis, we can win.  Now the players have to prove it to themselves.  I don't know anything about Yeldon really other than the quick video I had seen, but D-Rob has shown me he has it, if properly utilized he is a talented enough running back to get us to the playoffs. 

The question to me now is, do we have the coaching?  Especially the OC.  He's the wild-card now.
i couldnt agree more. if they call the right plays. we could win a lot of games

Quote:Here's a question do you think Blake will have a better season than Jameis & Marcus...huum!
yes and yes he will

An improved line, more offensive weapons at his disposal, in his 2nd year, improved Oline & thus improved running game to go along with it, better OC, I expect him to play much better this year but if he is going to take risk to obtain the 20 Tds then being very young & inexperinced & being a new playbook and all he'll probably throw a lot of Ints still.

My prediction for Blake is around 22 TDs, 15 INTs, 3800 yards, and 62% completion percentage.

Quote:You keep waiting for that.  If Bortles follows the same path as Tannehill I think the vast majority of Jag fans will be ecstatic, except for those who would complain irregardless of the situation.  

24 TDs and 17 ints is waaaay better than 11 tds and 16 ints.
I'm just saying, we should expect better progress from a guy who's been playing QB longer.

Any stat line that has more TDs than INTs, I'm good with.

Quote:I'm just saying, we should expect better progress from a guy who's been playing QB longer.

Any stat line that has more TDs than INTs, I'm good with.

Bortles is a very raw QB who won't become NFL all-pro polished for several years. It's not like 12 weeks in the offseason is enough to change a lifetime of throwing a certain way.

My expectations are still low for 2015 however I think he'll be above average in 2016. Which to me is saying a lot since average QBS in the modern nfl put up gaudy numbers.