Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colvin

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 11:52 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:What's all the hype about him to the point where people in general want him to take Demetrius Mccray's starting corner's spot? I thought Mccray played well last year and shut down every receiver that was in front of him including Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant and Odell Beckham Jr. Maybe i'm just out of touch but i just don't see why Mccray deserve to lose his job. 

There's a lot of anti-Irish sentiment here in Jacksonville so rooting against McCray goes nothing beyond pure ignorance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I really like McCray as well.

Here's a question... It's early in the morning, so I must be missing something.. but why not have colvin starting on one side and McCray on the other side?
So then you have House as your nickel? 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:So then you have House as your nickel?

I'm not an expert on house... would that be a waste of his talent?

Quote:I'm not an expert on house... would that be a waste of his talent?

Probably.

But I also imagine all three will be on the field at the same time alot.

;

;

Quote:I'm not an expert on house... would that be a waste of his talent?
House like McCray plays outside. Neither player has the ability to switch it inside, like Colvin does. In fact few defensive players in the NFL can do it.

The best I've seen it described is playing corner outside is very technical relying on man coverage where as inside is very instinctual relying on zone concepts.

Here's a question... It's early in the morning, so I must be missing something.. but why not have colvin starting on one side and McCray on the other side?

OMG!! I almost asked the same question. then I remembered we have House. You almost forget because he is not talked about more.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Lol, I feel like a bad fan for saying this, but I honestly don't even remember house... :-(

Did we pick him up on free agency? I don't remember him playing at all last year...

Quote:House like McCray plays outside. Neither player has the ability to switch it inside, like Colvin does. In fact few defensive players in the NFL can do it.

The best I've seen it described is playing corner outside is very technical relying on man coverage where as inside is very instinctual relying on zone concepts.

Thanks for this explanation

Quote:Lol, I feel like a bad fan for saying this, but I honestly don't even remember house... :-(

Did we pick him up on free agency? I don't remember him playing at all last year...
we did from Green Bay plus I believe he is being paid $4 or $5 mil a season.

Because House is better than McCray, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What's all the hype about him to the point where people in general want him to take Demetrius Mccray's starting corner's spot? I thought Mccray played well last year and shut down every receiver that was in front of him including Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant and Odell Beckham Jr. Maybe i'm just out of touch but i just don't see why Mccray deserve to lose his job. 

This was expected to happen since the end of last season.

McCray is solid, but he's no playmaker.  If you can't make a play, you're going to lose the job.

Simple stuff.

And it's been quite obvious for a while now, to be frank.

It's not "hate" to want the best players to start.  Let the best man win.

Looks like he is.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I like McCray aswell but he doesn't make a lot of plays on the ball. I do feel like Colvin maybe better in that aspect but I'll wait to see how they look in preseason before I say who should start because I haven't seen enough from either.

As best I can remember, neither Colvin nor McCray was targeted all night. All of the passes to the WR were thrown in House's direction.

I thought House did well. If the measure of a CB is that the QB throws in the other direction, then McCray and Colvin were even better.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

You need at least 3 good cornerbacks now. This isn't 1990. Having 3 good to great corners is a blessing for us as Jags fans. It's difficult to find one quality CB, much less 3. We are in a GREAT situation.

Another thing for those that say "I need to see it". You don't need to see anything, the coaching staff and the folks paid to evaluate the team ARE seeing it and will apply "starters", etc, appropriately. I don't think they'll pencil in someone just because. McCray and Colvin are neither 1st round picks, so you don't have to concern yourselves with pedigree winning out. This is truly a best man plays (the most) type of situation.

McCray is good and very technical but he isnt a play maker like Colvin, but good we have both  

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

What plays has Colvin made on the ball besides picking up Gratz's fumble?

For a decade now it's the same problem (longer really)..   WE NEED PICKS

We FINALLY got some sacks last year, so at least we put an end to that drought.  How about setting the goal of leading the league in INT's?  I don't know where we ranked last year, but my guess is in the 30's...  It's impossible to call ourselves a defensive-minded team with soooo few picks.

Quote:This was expected to happen since the end of last season.

McCray is solid, but he's no playmaker. If you can't make a play, you're going to lose the job.

Simple stuff.

And it's been quite obvious for a while now, to be frank.

It's not "hate" to want the best players to start. Let the best man win.

Looks like he is.

Kind of hard when they hardly throw to his side.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:What plays has Colvin made on the ball besides picking up Gratz's fumble?
True... Im saying Colvin makes more plays on the ball based off what I've seen in camp and the scrimmage. That's why I say we need to wait till the games start