Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clinton facing new calls to turn over server after IGs request criminal probe

Quote:I probably will be voting Republican - unless the nominee is Donald Trump or Ted Cruz. I don't see Trump or Cruz getting the nod, but if either does I don't know what I'd do.

Third party is a wasted vote. Who would be running anyway? Trump or some other yahoo. I've never not voted for President but I guess there is always a chance of this being the first time.

I said this in a different thread but it won't surprise me to see a large group of voters sit this one out this time around. Hopefully I'm wrong and a viable candidate eventually makes his way to the forefront but when your choices are Trump, another Bush, and Hilary the country may be better served having a monkey sit in the oval office.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I said this in a different thread but it won't surprise me to see a large group of voters sit this one out this time around. Hopefully I'm wrong and a viable candidate eventually makes his way to the forefront but when your choices are Trump, another Bush, and Hilary the country may be better served having a monkey sit in the oval office.

If it's between those 3 I'm checking out
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:If it's between those 3 I'm checking out
If it's between those three the election will be handed to Hillary =/

Quote:I probably will be voting Republican - unless the nominee is Donald Trump or Ted Cruz. I don't see Trump or Cruz getting the nod, but if either does I don't know what I'd do.

Third party is a wasted vote. Who would be running anyway? Trump or some other yahoo. I've never not voted for President but I guess there is always a chance of this being the first time.

Just curious as to why you don't like Ted Cruz?  In my opinion he has been doing what needs to be done, that being taking on the establishment cartels in both parties.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Just curious as to why you don't like Ted Cruz?  In my opinion he has been doing what needs to be done, that being taking on the establishment cartels in both parties.

There is something about Ted Cruz that gives me the creeps. He seems to be all about Ted Cruz. He's a better educated Donald Trump. And it's no coincidence he's being nice to Trump - they are fighting for the same base. And somehow he reminds me of Lyndon Johnson.

And sorry, but I ain't buying that "taking on the establishment cartels" stuff. What does that even mean? That his image is fighting for ... Ted Cruz. He doesn't need to play nice if he doesn't want to get anything done. And what's he gotten done?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:There is something about Ted Cruz that gives me the creeps. He seems to be all about Ted Cruz. He's a better educated Donald Trump. And it's no coincidence he's being nice to Trump - they are fighting for the same base. And somehow he reminds me of Lyndon Johnson.

And sorry, but I ain't buying that "taking on the establishment cartels" stuff. What does that even mean? That his image is fighting for ... Ted Cruz. He doesn't need to play nice if he doesn't want to get anything done. And what's he gotten done?
He just seems so smarmy and disengenuous every time he talks. Whatever he is, I don't buy it.

The fact that he read Green Eggs and Ham during his Obamacare filibuster just made me realize his lack of self awareness.

Also, he does seem smarmy.  He just comes off as a charlatan to me.  Everything looks pre-meditated and rehearsed.  He doesn't appear genuine to me, either. 

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2015, 09:49 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:You left out 4) people who see her as preferable to a republican.  

That is why it is essential that the Republicans nominate someone who will appeal to the most voters, and not just the "most conservative."  Because I don't want to vote for Hillary Clinton, but the Republicans could force me into it if they nominate some wacko.  

But Hilary is the most wacko (and criminal) of all the potential candidates, Republican or Democrat.

If you are saying you would vote for the least wacko, then you would (and should) vote for any Republican (or third party, preferably) candidate over Clinton.

That's kind of subjective, don't you think?

I think shutting down the government for a political play is far more wacko... I'm looking at you, rafael...

Quote:That's kind of subjective, don't you think?

I think shutting down the government for a political play is far more wacko... I'm looking at you, rafael...

Maybe treacherously deceitful would be a better term.

Quote:Maybe treacherously deceitful would be a better term.

Lol, I can live with that.

Quote:The fact that he read Green Eggs and Ham during his Obamacare filibuster just made me realize his lack of self awareness.

Also, he does seem smarmy.  He just comes off as a charlatan to me.  Everything looks pre-meditated and rehearsed.  He doesn't appear genuine to me, either. 

What time was it during his filibuster that he read that?  There was actually a specific reason for that, one that to me shows some brilliance.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:What time was it during his filibuster that he read that?  There was actually a specific reason for that, one that to me shows some brilliance.

He read it around the time of his kids going to bed, he said he was reading it for his kids...  There are much better choices than green eggs and ham, since you know, after trying green eggs and ham, the protagonist realized he actually likes it--even after saying how much he would never like it for 99% of the story.

I think it was like 7 or 8 PM Mountain time...  

I'm dying to hear your position that it shows brilliance!  Your take on these types of things are usually very thought-provoking.  Fire away!

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2015, 09:50 AM by KlrJgFn.)

Filibusterers gonna filibuster.  Who cares about green eggs and ham? Cruz the dad read to his kids from the senate floor while stalling a bill.  Nothing more. **(edit, except a good photo op)

This actually piqued my curiosity about filibusters enough to goog.  Sometimes they stay on topic (Rand Paul against use of drones on US soil), and sometimes they're just killing time: Strom Thurmond read from the phone book, Harry Reid read from his own book, Rubio discussed Jay-Z lyrics, and Huey Long read the bible, shakespeare and recipes for gumbo and pot liquor. 

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

If you want to apologize for his lack of forethought, go for it.

He's filibustering the ACA and reads green eggs and ham. It's a bad look. Sorry but it makes him look very stupid.

There are plenty of kids books he could have read. Green eggs and ham, lol, that is hilarious.

Quote:If you want to apologize for his lack of forethought, go for it.

He's filibustering the ACA and reads green eggs and ham. It's a bad look. Sorry but it makes him look very stupid.

There are plenty of kids books he could have read. Green eggs and ham, lol, that is hilarious.
Meh, that's low hanging fruit to me. As pointed out by others, many others have read dumb things during fillibusters. 

Quote:He read it around the time of his kids going to bed, he said he was reading it for his kids...  There are much better choices than green eggs and ham, since you know, after trying green eggs and ham, the protagonist realized he actually likes it--even after saying how much he would never like it for 99% of the story.

I think it was like 7 or 8 PM Mountain time...  

I'm dying to hear your position that it shows brilliance!  Your take on these types of things are usually very thought-provoking.  Fire away!

I think it shows brilliance just by the fact that he planned it just for his children.  How many can say that their father read them one of their favorite bedtime stories from the Senate floor?  He found a way to still be a loving father to his children despite the fact that he was at work way across the country.

Getting back on topic, one would think that the possibility of hundreds of classified emails are within the emails that Clinton turned over would be headline news on the major media outlets.  Instead, the closest thing related to that story is Clinton scolding the New York Times.

Quote:Getting back on topic, one would think that the possibility of <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/30/hillary-clinton-emails-us-intelligence-preparing-m/'>hundreds of classified emails are within the emails that Clinton turned over</a> would be headline news on the major media outlets.  Instead, the closest thing related to that story is Clinton scolding the New York Times.

That's what I keep saying!

Teflon Hillrod.

Quote:Getting back on topic, one would think that the possibility of hundreds of classified emails are within the emails that Clinton turned over would be headline news on the major media outlets.  Instead, the closest thing related to that story is Clinton scolding the New York Times.
Washington Times isn't a tiny outlet, IMO.