Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
isidewith presidential selector quiz

Quote: 

Top 3:

Marco Rubio - 98%

Rick Santorum - 96%

Ted Cruz - 95%

Bottom 3:

Hillary Clinton - 17%

Comrade Bernie Sanders - 8%

Martin O'Malley - 1%

<div>

Your ideology...

Right-Wing Libertarian

Your political beliefs would be considered extremely Right-Wing and moderately Libertarian on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to support policies that promote free market capitalism and smaller government.

</div>

I find it interesting and mildly amusing that our results are pretty close to identical.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I find it interesting and mildly amusing that our results are pretty close to identical.
That Clinton number was a lot higher than the reality, so there's probably a glitch in the code.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That Clinton number was a lot higher than the reality, so there's probably a glitch in the code.

Agreed.

I find myself trying to figure out how I would rank my bottom 3.  As far as I'm concerned, Bernie and Hillary are definitely in a tight race to the bottom in that respect.  I honestly can't decide which one of those two would be the worst for our country.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Agreed.

I find myself trying to figure out how I would rank my bottom 3.  As far as I'm concerned, Bernie and Hillary are definitely in a tight race to the bottom in that respect.  I honestly can't decide which one of those two would be the worst for our country.
The right thinks left wing politicians are the worst and the left thinks the right wing politicians are the worst. Imagine that.  :teehee:

Quote:The right thinks left wing politicians are the worst and the left thinks the right wing politicians are the worst. Imagine that.  :teehee:

As Forrest Gump would say... "it happens".

Let's play a little game here.  Pick a topic that you agree on from your top candidate (Bernie Sanders), and let's see what the solutions are in contrast to my top candidate (Marco Rubio).

My first suggestion would be education since that seemed to be a priority among many on this board, but I'll let you pick the topic for debate.  Let's compare the points of view between the two candidates and see which one is more reasonable.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 06:47 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:My first suggestion would be education since that seemed to be a priority among many on this board, but I'll let you pick the topic for debate.  Let's compare the points of view between the two candidates and see which one is more reasonable.

And there's the problem.  What each side considers reasonable is different.  A debate is difficult when terms aren't agreed on.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And there's the problem.  What each side considers reasonable is different.  A debate is difficult when terms aren't agreed on.

I don't see it as a problem.  I do agree that yes, each side considers what is reasonable different, but once ideas are laid out on the table, it leaves people to draw their own conclusions.  I believe that it is healthy to debate from each side of the political spectrum, and let people make their own decision.  Perhaps someone on the left might make me re-think and change my priorities, just like I might be able to convince someone on the left to change their own priorities.

You're top candidate is Bernie Sanders.  Pick a topic that makes you support him, and let's discuss it.

Quote:Let's compare the points of view between the two candidates and see which one is more reasonable.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:[Image: giphy.gif]

Care to accept a debate my lefty/righty friend?  Although your top pick is really not on the left, you do have Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders in your top 4.  I would suggest a "three way" debate with me on the right, you being in the center and one of our lefty friends.  Since we have already derailed this thread, we can start a new one regarding the discussion.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 07:12 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Care to accept a debate my lefty/righty friend?  Although your top pick is really not on the left, you do have Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders in your top 4.  I would suggest a "three way" debate with me on the right, you being in the center and one of our lefty friends.  Since we have already derailed this thread, we can start a new one regarding the discussion.
I have to wake up at 6:00 AM so I can fly across the country and spend the next five days helping a family member move. I'm not going to have the time to have a proper debate, and even if I did, I'd probably be in an even more foul mood than usual at the end of each 12-hour stretch of packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and repeating.

It'll only get worse, as it did right before this edit, when I realize that I'm spending four vacation days on this.

Quote:You're top candidate is Bernie Sanders.  Pick a topic that makes you support him, and let's discuss it.

TPP.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I have to wake up at 6:00 AM so I can fly across the country and spend the next five days helping a family member move. I'm not going to have the time to have a proper debate, and even if I did, I'd probably be in an even more foul mood than usual at the end of each 12-hour stretch of packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and repeating.

It'll only get worse, as it did right before this edit, when I realize that I'm spending four vacation days on this.

That's O.K.  I understand about the whole moving deal.  I had to do it several times during my lifetime, and I know how much it sucks.  In the meantime I'll get up at 3:30 AM so that I can get some breakfast, take a shower and get dressed to get to work on time.  It's what I do.

Good luck on your trip and stay safe.

Quote:That's O.K.  I understand about the whole moving deal.  I had to do it several times during my lifetime, and I know how much it sucks.  In the meantime I'll get up at 3:30 AM so that I can get some breakfast, take a shower and get dressed to get to work on time.  It's what I do.

Good luck on your trip and stay safe.
It's not so much the 6:00 AM part as it is the flying cross-country part. I'd sooner work until 2:00 and wake up at 7:00 (not entirely unusual for me) for a week straight than deal with the clowns who call themselves "security". Maybe that's a topic for another thread when I get back. I used to fly weekly for work, and still fly once a month or so, and the things I've seen and experienced in the name of "national security" are sometimes hilarious, usually sickening.

Quote:As Forrest Gump would say... "it happens".

Let's play a little game here.  Pick a topic that you agree on from your top candidate (Bernie Sanders), and let's see what the solutions are in contrast to my top candidate (Marco Rubio).

My first suggestion would be education since that seemed to be a priority among many on this board, but I'll let you pick the topic for debate.  Let's compare the points of view between the two candidates and see which one is more reasonable.
Sure start a diff thread on education. I'll participate in their. Can't wait to get yelled at by others.  :thumbsup:

Interesting quiz. I like it.

My Top 3:

Rubio

Paul

Santorum

My ideology:

Centrist

Quote:Interesting quiz. I like it.

My Top 3:

Rubio

Paul

Santorum

My ideology:

Centrist

I'm more interested in centrist coming up with Santorum. Paul and rubio make sense though.

Do some playing around with the quiz if you don't select other options and gauge the importance the default is set to match either Rubio or Clinton answers. For example you can answer the question about illegal immigration getting in state tuition if you pick no your a Rubio point if you pick yes your a Clinton point if you choose more options then it digs deeper into matching other candidates. Your answer might sill be no but have a condition or additional comment that would then score you with a different candidate.

Probably why so many are scoring so high on Rubio the first time I just selected yes or no.

Wonder if they did that on purpose?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm more interested in centrist coming up with Santorum. Paul and rubio make sense though.

I'm telling you it's the defaults select yes or no all the way down you'll get Rubio or Clinton
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 11:27 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:I'm telling you it's the defaults select yes or no all the way down you'll get Rubio or Clinton
Could be correct with that. I picked many of the "other stance" options (didn't outright pick Yes or No on any of them).

However I didn't move the strength of opinion buttons very often.

Quote:I'm telling you it's the defaults select yes or no all the way down you'll get Rubio or Clinton
I played around with it a little bit, and I think you're right.