Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BREAKING: Four U.S. Marines, Police Officer Shot In Chattanooga, Tennessee Attacks

Quote:As sad as this is, and it is sad, a few equally sad things will come of it:

1. No matter what the White House says about it, the right will insist that this administration is too pro-Islam and is glossing over the facts. They will also race to the podium to insist that no gun control legislation could have prevented this. There will also be a renewed cry that radical Islam is the great enemy of freedom.

2. The left will latch onto this immediately as an excuse to try and push more gun control measures forward. The same people who tried to judge all Confederate apologists based on the actions of one will quickly surface arguing that we shouldn't base all Muslims on the actions of one.

There will be lip service paid to the victims. The President will drop by a funeral or two, some other Presidential candidates might show up as well, but that'll all be more for political purposes than anything else. The sad reality is that both sides--both freaking sides, not just the "libs" or the "right-wingers"--will have thoroughly politicized this in time for tomorrow's evening news, and that's assuming they don't do so in time for tonight's evening news. Ultimately, as happened in Charleston, the four Marines who died will become a footnote to another political whizzing match within days. Welcome to America, where we'd rather sit around and watch talking heads argue about crap than actually do anything about it.

I don't see how this could be categorized as anything but domestic terrorism, but I've been disappointed before.

You are correct. The whizzing match has already started on this board.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Funny how other countries (including China) is cracking down and deporting Muslims while we, on the other hand, seem to be bringing them here by the boat load.

Y'all know how I feel about them so........

I recall seeing several U.S. registered ships bringing in boatloads of Muslims, across the Mexican border, at that. It was amazing.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

BREAKING: The Chilling Message ISIS Tweeted Moments Before Chattanooga Gunman Opened Fire

Moments before a gunman opened fire on a military recruiting center in Chattanooga, Tenn., a Twitter account associated with the Islamic State terror group reportedly sent out a chilling hint of what was about to happen.

Suspected shooter Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez was shot and killed during a second attack at the Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center Chattanooga, about 7 miles from the recruiting office. Four Marines were said to have been killed in the second attack.

http://conservativetribune.com/chilling-...2015-07-16

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:You can almost start the gun control countdown now. Before the sun sets on this incident, someone will be in front of a camera somewhere calling for more gun laws.

Is this really that difficult for you to understand?

No, I'm implying that radical Islamists are out to get the United States in any way they possibly can. Are you denying this like your president?

The shooting at Fort Hood was an act of domestic terrorism. How was that spun by the media and the administration you admire?

Your lack of any critical thinking amuses me. When have I ever said I admire this administration? I'll wait for a quote.

You said that you are upset that this is called an act of domestic terror. I asked you what you would call it, if not that.

You didn't answer, but asked me if it was that hard for me to understand. Yes, it is very hard for me to understand your point.

So explain, please.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2015, 05:49 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:Your lack of any critical thinking amuses me. When have I ever said I admire this administration? I'll wait for a quote.

You said that you are upset that this is called an act of domestic terror. I asked you what you would call it, if not that.

You didn't answer, but asked me if it was that hard for me to understand. Yes, it is very hard for me to understand your point.

So explain, please.
nevermind.

Good luck

Quote:As sad as this is, and it is sad, a few equally sad things will come of it:

1. No matter what the White House says about it, the right will insist that this administration is too pro-Islam and is glossing over the facts. They will also race to the podium to insist that no gun control legislation could have prevented this. There will also be a renewed cry that radical Islam is the great enemy of freedom.

2. The left will latch onto this immediately as an excuse to try and push more gun control measures forward. The same people who tried to judge all Confederate apologists based on the actions of one will quickly surface arguing that we shouldn't base all Muslims on the actions of one.

There will be lip service paid to the victims. The President will drop by a funeral or two, some other Presidential candidates might show up as well, but that'll all be more for political purposes than anything else. The sad reality is that both sides--both freaking sides, not just the "libs" or the "right-wingers"--will have thoroughly politicized this in time for tomorrow's evening news, and that's assuming they don't do so in time for tonight's evening news. Ultimately, as happened in Charleston, the four Marines who died will become a footnote to another political whizzing match within days. Welcome to America, where we'd rather sit around and watch talking heads argue about crap than actually do anything about it.

I don't see how this could be categorized as anything but domestic terrorism, but I've been disappointed before.

I beg to differ.

1.  I wouldn't be so angry if The President actually comes on television and calls it exactly what it is.  Want to bet an over/under on how many times he uses the term "Islam" or "Islamic"?  I'll make it easy for you, let's make the over/under number 1.  I'll take the under.

Want to make another bet regarding gun control laws and what he says about it?  Again I'll make it easier for you.  Let's make the number 1 and I'll take the over.

2.  I basically agree with you on those points.  It's already happening with the news breathlessly reporting on how many shots were fired and some even proclaiming that it was automatic weapons fire (unconfirmed).  I do agree that we shouldn't base the actions of all Muslims based on the actions of one, but being Muslim isn't even in the picture here (although it's probably pretty clear that if he's named the way that he is and is reportedly from Kuwait, he's Muslim).  It's not about his ethnicity, it's about his "religion".

I suspect that many of our politicians actually do care about our military members.  I don't see any of them showing up at a funeral as being political, though I'm probably wrong regarding this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I'm not going to imply anything. I'll be as specific as I possibly can. Those that practice the religion of Islam are not "out to get us" by any means. It's those that practice radical Islamist Extremism that are out to get us. They are Islamic Terrorists plain and simple, no sugar coating it. Are you going to deny that?

Terrorism... why denote Islam to it at all?

That racist kid has a Christian name, should we call him a Christian extremist?

Quote:nevermind.

Good luck

Lol, no luck needed. :-)

Quote:BREAKING: The Chilling Message ISIS Tweeted Moments Before Chattanooga Gunman Opened Fire

Moments before a gunman opened fire on a military recruiting center in Chattanooga, Tenn., a Twitter account associated with the Islamic State terror group reportedly sent out a chilling hint of what was about to happen.

Suspected shooter Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez was shot and killed during a second attack at the Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center Chattanooga, about 7 miles from the recruiting office. Four Marines were said to have been killed in the second attack.

All I can find on the account are indications that it's an admirer of ISIS, not necessarily an operative of it, doing the posting. Still, someone with knowledge of what was about to happen was definitely tweeting before and after the attacks. Kind of discounts the "lone wolf" theory.

Quote:Terrorism... why denote Islam to it at all?

That racist kid has a Christian name, should we call him a Christian extremist?

Perhaps because attacks such as this one has a common link?  Was the shooter at Fort Hood a "white kid" with a "Christian name"?  Was it an act of "workplace violence" or was it an act of Islamic Terrorist Extremism?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Perhaps because attacks such as this one has a common link? Was the shooter at Fort Hood a "white kid" with a "Christian name"? Was it an act of "workplace violence" or was it an act of Islamic Terrorist Extremism?

What was the name of the kid in Colorado? Or the one in Sandy hook?

More Christian extremists...

Based on the information we have just the name of the shooter is being used to subtlety condemn the entire group.

Quote:I beg to differ.

1.  I wouldn't be so angry if The President actually comes on television and calls it exactly what it is.  Want to bet an over/under on how many times he uses the term "Islam" or "Islamic"?  I'll make it easy for you, let's make the over/under number 1.  I'll take the under.

Want to make another bet regarding gun control laws and what he says about it?  Again I'll make it easier for you.  Let's make the number 1 and I'll take the over.

2.  I basically agree with you on those points.  It's already happening with the news breathlessly reporting on how many shots were fired and some even proclaiming that it was automatic weapons fire (unconfirmed).  I do agree that we shouldn't base the actions of all Muslims based on the actions of one, but being Muslim isn't even in the picture here (although it's probably pretty clear that if he's named the way that he is and is reportedly from Kuwait, he's Muslim).  It's not about his ethnicity, it's about his "religion".

I suspect that many of our politicians actually do care about our military members.  I don't see any of them showing up at a funeral as being political, though I'm probably wrong regarding this.
As to point one, if the Twitter thing pans out, it'll be impossible to peg this as anything but a coordinated (if poorly so) terrorist act motivated by religious differences. I don't think the President will have much choice but to identify it as an act carried out by a radical Muslim. I have no doubt that gun control laws will be brought up, just as I have no doubt that the NRA is already loading its PR cannon to make sure all Americans know that no gun control laws could possibly have stopped this attack.

It was once told to me that the only time a politician shows up at a funeral and means it is when it's their own. I don't take quite so jaded a view, but when the 2016 Presidential candidates start appearing at these funerals, it's not because they're a concerned friend of the family just dropping by to show support. They want their face on TV at at least one of those funerals, and some of the more brazen ones might even have so little respect for the deceased as to make a statement outside the church.

Quote:As to point one, if the Twitter thing pans out, it'll be impossible to peg this as anything but a coordinated (if poorly so) terrorist act motivated by religious differences. I don't think the President will have much choice but to identify it as an act carried out by a radical Muslim. I have no doubt that gun control laws will be brought up, just as I have no doubt that the NRA is already loading its PR cannon to make sure all Americans know that no gun control laws could possibly have stopped this attack.

It was once told to me that the only time a politician shows up at a funeral and means it is when it's their own. I don't take quite so jaded a view, but when the 2016 Presidential candidates start appearing at these funerals, it's not because they're a concerned friend of the family just dropping by to show support. They want their face on TV at at least one of those funerals, and some of the more brazen ones might even have so little respect for the deceased as to make a statement outside the church.

Regarding your first point.  I'm waiting to see his reaction.  After the attacks in Benghazi there was a failure to use the "T" word.  Of course, this time they don't have a video to point to and he's not up for re-election, so who knows what he'll say and call it?  I'll bet that if he does call it a terrorist act, he will leave out "Islamic".

As far as the "gun control issue", I would bet that he says something about it, but it won't hold much weight.

As far as funerals, The President has already lost all credibility regarding this.  Candidates running for the position of President might show up, and I do believe that many of them have a deep sympathy for the dead (since they are U.S. Marines) and their families.  If any of them make comments on television regarding that, then those are your "politicians".  I'm not a politician at all, but if I was in the vicinity of any of these funerals, I would attend out of respect for my fallen brothers.

Here's a Picture of the coward

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:What was the name of the kid in Colorado? Or the one in Sandy hook?

Based on the information we have just the name of the shooter is being used to subtlety condemn the entire group.

This is absurd. Neither one was a Christian, and no mass murderer claimed to be doing it for Christianity. As far as I know only one major religion legitimizes murder in it's scripture, and it's not Christianity.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:What was the name of the kid in Colorado? Or the one in Sandy hook?

No subtlety here, and I don't condemn an entire group unless that group happens to be Islamic Extremist Terrorists.  It certainly looks like this shooter fits into the group that I'm talking about.

This. All of it. But especially the bolded part.

I'm just getting home from work saw a blimp about this at lunch. Lone wolf attacks are the greatest weakness we have. I've always feared they would just start random shootings and bombings here not much we can do to stop it either.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm just getting home from work saw a blimp about this at lunch. Lone wolf attacks are the greatest weakness we have. I've always feared they would just start random shootings and bombings here not much we can do to stop it either.
Careful using that term, it appears to trigger much anger. 

Quote:Here's a Picture of the coward

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://conservativetribune.com/chilling-message-isis-tweeted/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=WesternJournalism&utm_content=2015-07-16'>http://conservativetribune.com/chilling-message-isis-tweeted/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=WesternJournalism&utm_content=2015-07-16</a>

I think you need to fact check your links a little bit better. Where does it say that's the shooters picture?