Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prove it or Move it. Which of these players will get resigned following the 2015 season?

Quote:Question about Anger. Assuming he's the highest drafted punter in the league? You get paid, per your draft position, right? So is he one of the highest paid punters (factoring re-signed vets)?

He has the 22nd highest cap hit and base salary.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/punter/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015, 07:49 PM by TheAll22.)

Quote:He has the 22nd highest cap hit and base salary.

It's a valid point, we have to remember that Caldwell didn't draft Scobee or Anger, so I'm not sure where his priority is on keeping either of them. I won't find it shocking if Scobee is allowed to test the market. I'm thinking Scobee would command between 12 and 14m a year (Gould is currently the highest at like 15.5M) Despite him being the longest tendured player, whatever, I don't think it's as easy as clicking the resign button 

Quote:He has the 22nd highest cap hit and base salary.

Punters tend to have fairly long careers. Even if you just paid the veteran minimum salary, a guy who has been in the league 7 years would make about as much as Anger will in 2015.

Quote:It's a valid point, we have to remember that Caldwell didn't draft Scobee or Anger, so I'm not sure where his priority is on keeping either of them. I won't find it shocking if Scobee is allowed to test the market. I'm thinking Scobee would command between 12 and 14m a year (Gould is currently the highest at like 15.5M) Despite him being the longest tendured player, whatever, I don't think it's as easy as clicking the resign button 
That would be lifetime of the contract, not per year. Paying a kicker $14M per season indicates that some combination of the below factors exists:

1. You have too much money.

2. Your GM doesn't know how to spend money.

3. Your kicker is also your starting quarterback.

Cheers for the info, Bender, Empty, Predator and All22.

I wanted to compare his #s to vets indeed...now I know. Must have been a front loaded contract, with such a low hit currently. Fair enough.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Jeremiah George stays. Gus and the crew really like him.

Quote:Safe bets:

Scobee

Anger

Tinker

Probably:

Wisniewski

A. Jones

R. Davis

Pasztor

Unlikely, but possible:

Henne

Branch

M. Lewis

Harbor

Everyone else is a probably not to no, with the possible exception of George, Fortt, and (I believe) Jacobs, who are ERFAs.

I think this is a pretty good list.  I would move Wisniewski to "unlikely, but possible".  I think he's a one year stop gap player for us.  We have money to spend in free agency next year.  I think we find our center of the future next year either in free agency or the draft.

I also think Henne has a better chance than some give credit.  I don't think he's going to find a starting job elsewhere.  If it's for a #2 job, we need one as much as any other team and we have the cap space to keep him.

Quote:I think Jeremiah George stays. Gus and the crew really like him.

Had the look of a quality back-up in the 2 games (i think) that he played last season.  I was mildly impressed with a few plays he made.  I would not be surprised if he sticks.