Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 11 - 49ers @ Jags***

3 more onside kicks and we’re home free!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2021, 04:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: With Etinne back next year and picking up 2 stud WRs in free agency combined with the DE we get in the 1st round, maybe we look like a new team next year.

I have little to no faith that the Baalke will assemble a competitive roster next season.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(11-21-2021, 04:39 PM)enigma Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: With Etinne back next year and picking up 2 stud WRs in free agency combined with the DE we get in the 1st round, maybe we look like a new team next year.

It's always a "maybe next year" moment for this team.

Its all we have.

(11-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

I have little to no faith that the Baalke will assemble a competitive roster next season.

One thing you can count on is Baalke will bring in half the ACL's we need on the roster.

(11-21-2021, 04:32 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote: Has Trevor attempted a pass longer than 10 yards?

Why on earth would they let him?? He got clobbered 20 times last week trying to throw deep because he has no protection and no open receivers no matter how deep the route.

Wide receiver problems and offensive coordinator problems

PHIL DORSETT HOMECOMING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(11-21-2021, 04:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I know Khan is a very patient owner but for years hes talked about having a franchise QB. Thats the only reason he may pull the trigger early for once.

But then its Khan and it would be him saying he was wrong. Again.

I just posted in another thread that my wait and see approach for Meyer has waned. Something needs to be done, and done soon. Khan has to start the process now to find a replacement next season. I don't know if firing him now will improve anything. My main concern now is to keep Lawrence healthy and hungry.

And i give you a lot of credit for your attitude at the start of the year when a lot of people were taking shots at you. No one wants this and how this has gone but the last few weeks have been so rough and its not down to losing star players, weve looked so far behind the NFL level.

I know Khan got burnt with Coughlin but he needs to hire a proper football brain and let him run things. Let them hire the HC, if they want a GM let them make the call. Khan just doesnt have the smarts to see the good from the bad sadly.

(11-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

I have little to no faith that the Baalke will assemble a competitive roster next season ever.

Fixed.

(11-21-2021, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:32 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote: Has Trevor attempted a pass longer than 10 yards?

Why on earth would they let him?? He got clobbered 20 times last week trying to throw deep because he has no protection and no open receivers no matter how deep the route.

Oh, 10 yards is considered deep……….

You can tell the announcers hate being here. We are like a D league team.

Glad at least I. have the Gators to cheer me up! …………Oh, wait!

(11-21-2021, 04:45 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Why on earth would they let him?? He got clobbered 20 times last week trying to throw deep because he has no protection and no open receivers no matter how deep the route.

Oh, 10 yards is considered deep……….

So you didn't watch the game last week? 

Also, no. That's not what I'm saying.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 04:48 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-21-2021, 04:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just posted in another thread that my wait and see approach for Meyer has waned. Something needs to be done, and done soon. Khan has to start the process now to find a replacement next season. I don't know if firing him now will improve anything. My main concern now is to keep Lawrence healthy and hungry.

And i give you a lot of credit for your attitude at the start of the year when a lot of people were taking shots at you. No one wants this and how this has gone but the last few weeks have been so rough and its not down to losing star players, weve looked so far behind the NFL level.

I know Khan got burnt with Coughlin but he needs to hire a proper football brain and let him run things. Let them hire the HC, if they want a GM let them make the call. Khan just doesnt have the smarts to see the good from the bad sadly.

Agree 100%.

We got the L and an extended IR list. Not good.

(11-21-2021, 04:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Meyer isn't fired after this game, Khan has no credibility at all. We are ruining Trevor Lawrence.

lol only an idiot would do that....oh wait that's why you think it would be a good idea

And now we get to watch a real game between the Packers and Vikings for bonus coverage!

(11-21-2021, 04:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just posted in another thread that my wait and see approach for Meyer has waned. Something needs to be done, and done soon. Khan has to start the process now to find a replacement next season. I don't know if firing him now will improve anything. My main concern now is to keep Lawrence healthy and hungry.

This!

This team is pathetic. We honestly have a lot more talent than we show.

Khan is clueless, and I'm confident saying that now. He has no idea how to hire a quality GM or coach. It's time for him to start taking a back seat.

Baalke and Meyer are awful. We will never be a winning team with them at the helm. Meyer's body language communicates that he has given up entirely. The team is just lazing around on the sidelines. We're losers and it looks like they've all accepted it.

Bevell is absolutely ridiculous. He still refuses to run the ball. At least more short passes were attempted this week I guess?

Doug Marrone was the epitome of average, but this roster would be in far better hands with him.

(11-21-2021, 04:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:35 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I didn't say that.... but the penalties are blatant and not being called.... and it doesn't help.... zero calls on San Francisco.... laugh all you want but if you don't realize that plays a huge part in a game and momentum or play calling.... well then you're telling me you don't know anything

Oh yeah, that means a lot coming from you  Laughing Laughing Laughing

not my fault you don't know what you're talking about

^

Yes

He has tried repeatedly and he just hasn't gotten it right yet. 
Now Baalke/ Meyer is yet another failure and it will be difficult to swallow his pride and move on expediently. 

Fingers crossed he bites the bullet and starts over.