Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 16 - Jags @ jests***

We are who we thought we are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2021, 05:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:08 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Geeez that sounds almost as bad! Cant even imagine how you do that

Lets go Lawrence, finish this drive

Took 4 people and the patient was just a little guy, maybe 140lbs. I can't imagine doing it on a 300 pounder.

Wow. That must have been an experience. Ive had friends who have dislocated shoulders and say its agony but surely its nothing on a hip. And everything you do movement wise uses your hips. Sitting, lying down, standing...i mean what do you do?

(12-26-2021, 05:10 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:09 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Spike on 3rd. Could have tried another pass

(12-26-2021, 05:10 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Had a chance for 2 plays. Don’t spike on 3rd down

Yep, that was terrible.

Running on that first down a couple plays earlier didn’t help either.

Why would you spike the ball on 3rd down with 12 seconds to play?

Well it stung, but at least it was a good drive by Lawrence overall. Losing that game keeps us at #1 in the draft, losing it would have put us at #4.

We must protect the pick. This will be a win in the long run.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Whoo hoo - we're getting the 1st pick in the draft again. It's the only thing we have to look forward to year after year.

And this type of game should make sure that none of the coaching staff are back nexts year. Total disaster.

Still 0 passing tds
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-26-2021, 05:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why would you spike the ball on 3rd down with 12 seconds to play?

#becausejaguars

(12-26-2021, 05:15 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We must protect the pick. This will be a win in the long run.

Only if you make the right picks, we haven't for a long time and telling by Lawrence's play SO FAR, that streak of bad 1st round picks is gonna keep on going.

(12-26-2021, 05:17 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:15 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We must protect the pick. This will be a win in the long run.

Only if you make the right picks, we haven't for a long time and telling by Lawrence's play SO FAR, that streak of bad 1st round picks is gonna keep on going.

You're so negative. T-Law had a solid game today. He missed a few throws, made some great throws. Give this guy time.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 05:22 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(12-26-2021, 05:20 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:17 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Only if you make the right picks, we haven't for a long time and telling by Lawrence's play SO FAR, that streak of bad 1st round picks is gonna keep on going.

You're so negative. T-Law had a solid game today. He missed a few throws, made some great throws. Give this guy time.

If that is a solid game @ QB to you, vs a team that gave up 428 (The most in the NFL) going into this game.... I'm not even gonna go there.

(12-26-2021, 05:09 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Spike on 3rd. Could have tried another pass

Coaching staff definitely blew that one.

We have eliminated the Jets and Texans from contention of obtaining the #1 overall pick. The Lions and Jaguars will vie for this pick based on the last 2 weeks of the season.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

In spite of the outcome and the crazy fumble, I think Lawrence had a pretty decent game. A couple of bad throws but nothing particularly terrible. To many drops for sure. It's hard to believe we don't lead the league in that category.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-26-2021, 05:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well it stung, but at least it was a good drive by Lawrence overall. Losing that game keeps us at #1 in the draft, losing it would have put us at #4.

With our past record of drafting why does it make a difference?

(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: In spite of the outcome and the crazy fumble, I think Lawrence had a pretty decent game. A couple of bad throws but nothing particularly terrible. To many drops for sure. It's hard to believe we don't lead the league in that category.

Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

New GM will have the number 1 pick, lots of draft picks from trades , and lots of cap space. Let’s hope the next gm is inpatient, and spends quickly to try to put out this dumpster fire.

(12-26-2021, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: In spite of the outcome and the crazy fumble, I think Lawrence had a pretty decent game. A couple of bad throws but nothing particularly terrible. To many drops for sure. It's hard to believe we don't lead the league in that category.

Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

I've been critical of Lawrence. But it's disingenuous to not admit it when he played well. I wouldn't call it a big step forward but it was a good game in spite of the loss. Of course, he was playing the Jets' defense.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We have eliminated the Jets and Texans from contention of obtaining the #1 overall pick. The Lions and Jaguars will vie for this pick based on the last 2 weeks of the season.

Jags have basically clinched the first pick. No way they win vs. Patriots or Colts. They need to do "deep dives" on Hutchinson and Thibodeaux and hopefully get it right.