Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jerry Sullivan could reclamate Stephen Hill?.....

Quote:Hasn't passed the ever important "eye" test yet.

But he sure seems to be the apple of your eye.

I like low risk potential high reward additions. 

Even if he didn't work out, what are you really losing? Mike Brown??

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Given the dearth of talent in Carolina, its surprising the Panthers havent kicked the tires yet. Hill and Benjamin would be an impressive set of twin towers.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I like low risk potential high reward additions.

So what you're saying, is we never should have got rid of Blaine?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:So what you're saying, is we never should have got rid of Blaine?

That makes no sense. 

How was Blaine a low risk/ high reward prospect?  :wacko: 

We used the 10th overall pick on him as well as an additional 2nd rounder. 

Quote:That makes no sense.

How was Blaine a low risk/ high reward prospect? :wacko:

We used the 10th overall pick on him as well as an additional 2nd rounder.

But he's so young and at the time he wasn't going to cost the jaguars a lot of money. What would be the harm in keeping him here? Same concept youre preaching with hill.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:But he's so young and at the time he wasn't going to cost the jaguars a lot of money. What would be the harm in keeping him here? Same concept youre preaching with hill.

I like proving TMD wrong as much as anybody (check the baseball threads), but come on. You make yourself look like a fool when you stretch so far to do it.

Here's a question that comes to mind regarding the discussion.   How much has Mike Brown contributed on Special Teams and how effective do you feel he is on Special Teams?

A major reason why Stephen Hill was beaten out for a roster spot with the Jets was the Special Teams factor vs. others on their roster.

Quote:If the Jags wait until he passes waivers, they won't get Hill. He's not passing through waivers.

Welp
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I like proving TMD wrong as much as anybody (check the baseball threads), but come on. You make yourself look like a fool when you stretch so far to do it.

I thought Caldwell pulled a miracle trading gabbert. I'm just applying TMD logic.

Quote:I thought Caldwell pulled a miracle trading gabbert. I'm just applying TMD logic.

So do I. Just because TMD thinks somebody is worth a flier doesn't mean that he thinks every bust is worth a roster spot.

Quote:So do I. Just because TMD thinks somebody is worth a flier doesn't mean that he thinks every bust is worth a roster spot.

Thanks grandma

Quote:Are you still holding him accountable for the words of his agent??
The words of the agent are effectively the words of the player. If the player disagrees with what the agent says, the player has every right to fire the agent for saying it. Given that Hill hasn't come out to dispute what his agent said, retract it or apologize for it, one must assume that he agrees with the sentiment entirely and allowed it to be floated out there.

Quote:I wouldn't mind giving him a chance.....

next offseason.
This, pretty much. Sign him in February and see what he can do during the offseason to earn a job. Don't waste a roster spot on a bust that may or may not even contribute on special teams this year.

Quote:I like low risk potential high reward additions. 

First of all,  we only have 5 receivers on our roster.  Robinson, Lee, and Hurns are rookies, and Shorts had multiple concussions last year.   The only one I haven't named is Mike Brown.   In that situation, I don't think we have any room for a reclamation project. 

Hill was drafted in the 2nd round, he was healthy, and he got cut.   That should tell you something. 

This thread is three pages longer than the number of receptions Hill had last year. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:If true, we've probably got no shot to land him now. He'll get to pick his next destination. Yes, it will probably be a 1 year type of "prove it" deal, too. 
Yeah now with 32 teams passing on him, he has all the leverage, right?

With limited roster size, I doubt there's going to be a team that's willing to carry him as a 4th or 5th WR that can't really help you on game day.

Quote:Yeah now with 32 teams passing on him, he has all the leverage, right?

With limited roster size, I doubt there's going to be a team that's willing to carry him as a 4th or 5th WR that can't really help you on game day.

I didn't know he still is PS eligible with the new rules. 

Sign him to that. 

Quote:I didn't know he still is PS eligible with the new rules. 

Sign him to that. 
you sure about that Clark?

Quote:you sure about that Clark?

According to both Adam Caplan and rotoworld he is still eligible for the PS (with the new rules)

Quote:This thread is three pages longer than the number of receptions Hill had last year.

One of my favorite posts on this board.
;

;

Quote:Given the dearth of talent in Carolina, its surprising the Panthers havent kicked the tires yet. Hill and Benjamin would be an impressive set of twin towers.
BREAKING: PANTHERS WORK OUT WR HILL