Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which AFC Team Will Advance Into The AFC Divisional Playoff Game?
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
[Show Results]

***Official Steelers @ Bengals AFC Wild Card Playoff Game Thread***

Quote:Deon is defending him now?
I thought it was dirty. But watching Deions explanation,, it really does look like Burfict tried to shy away from a hit that would've been even worse. It made alot if sense.

Oh man, I'm confused now lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That is why you don't parade yourself off the field after an interception.
In my opinion I'm almost ashamed as a fan of the game not even of that team. It's classless. He will be suspended. If the bengals have any class that will cut him and not look back.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I thought it was dirty. But watching Deions explanation,, it really does look like Burfict tried to shy away from a hit that would've been even worse. It made a lot if sense.

It was dirty because Burfict ran a long way - like almost from the sideline to the middle of the field - when another Bengal was nearby to it Brown. It was not necessary.

Quote:I thought it was dirty. But watching Deions explanation,, it really does look like Burfict tried to shy away from a hit that would've been even worse. It made alot if sense.

By shying away meaning he lowered his shoulder and plowed his head.

Quote:In my opinion I'm almost ashamed as a fan of the game not even of that team. It's classless. He will be suspended. If the Bengals have any class that will cut him and not look back.

Maybe not suspended, but his paycheck will be a lot smaller.

Quote:After watching replays, that was an even weaker call on Pacman than originally thought.
That was a weAK one on Jones. Joey Porter instigated that all the way. Porter is still a punk too.

Quote:By shying away meaning he lowered his shoulder and plowed his head.

But why would he run all the way from the sideline to hit Brown at all? A teammate was already hitting Brown.

Quote:That was a weak one on Jones. Joey Porter instigated that all the way. Porter is still a punk too.

I don't care what Joey Porter did. Adam Jones did not have to react that way.

Quote:I don't care what Joey Porter did. Adam Jones did not have to react that way.
Joey Porter was/is just like Burfict. He was the "Vontaze Burfict" of the last generation of players. Porter had no business to be out there other than to be in the middle of it and istigating. He's still a punk too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...concussion

Quote:One of the dumbest and most costly penalties in recent NFL history resulted in receiver Antonio Brown suffering a concussion.

Burfict about to be on nfl network!!!

Quote:Burfict about to be on NFL Network!

What do you think he will say about his dirty hit that put the Steelers in field goal range?

What did pacman instagram?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Burfict just pulled a marshawn with the "I don't know"!

Quote:What did pacman instagram?
A video blaming the ref with profanity.

Quote:In my opinion I'm almost ashamed as a fan of the game not even of that team. It's classless. He will be suspended. If the bengals have any class that will cut him and not look back.

I'm just curious. Did you advocate for the Jags cutting DD after he clotheslined Ferguson? Or is it because of Burfict's history?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:No dude. That was a dirty hit.

And the hit where the steelers guy led with his helmet on Bernard wasnt? Don't give me the "it wasn't a penalty" crap. This day and age leading with your helmet is dirty; we know the effects now. From my vantage it looked like he led with his shoulder. Like I said either way both of those teams are dirty. I'd venture to say the whole North division is dirty

Quote:And the hit where the steelers guy led with his helmet on Bernard wasnt? Don't give me the "it wasn't a penalty" crap. This day and age leading with your helmet is dirty; we know the effects now. From my vantage it looked like he led with his shoulder. Like I said either way both of those teams are dirty. I'd venture to say the whole North division is dirty

I don't think anyone is comparing Shazier and Burfict. That can't be done. Shazier was the lone tackler and forced a fumble in the process. Burfict ran from the sideline to  the middle of the field after a teammate had already hit Brown. So for Burfict, hitting any part of the body would be called unnecessary roughness IMO.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2016, 10:54 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:I don't think anyone is comparing Shazier and Burfict. That can't be done. Shazier was the lone tackler and forced a fumble in the process. Burfict ran from the sideline to the middle of the field after a teammate had already hit Brown. So for Burfict, hitting any part of the body would be called unnecessary roughness IMO.
Shazier is being coached by the dirtiest player of the last generation Joey Porter (whom btw, was at the middle of the field causing trouble yet again.)

Shazier went full helmet to heel on that play, he truly did.

Mike Mitchell did the EXACT same thing to Tyler Eifert a month ago too,, speared helmet to helmet.

Pit is going to get slaughtered by Denver.