Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final cuts have started

Quote:The rules have changed lately so it's possible I'm wrong about this, but I don't believe Nick is eligible because he's already accrued a season that he played 13 games in.
As of last year, two (or one?) practice squad players per team with up to two accrued years are PS eligible, regardless of how many games they've played.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As of last year, two (or one?) practice squad players per team with up to two accrued years are PS eligible, regardless of how many games they've played.

This year it's now 4 of these type players being eligible.  I didn't realize this until a couple of days ago:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/3/1277...aiver-wire

Players can only be on the practice squad for two years, with the exception of four players on each team’s practice squad (a new rule for this year, up from two players) who can have up to three years of NFL experience.

Quote:As of last year, two (or one?) practice squad players per team with up to two accrued years are PS eligible, regardless of how many games they've played.
Supposedly 4 players now are subject to the special treatment.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 02:38 AM by D6.)

Quote:There is no guarantee that Allen amounts to anything.

To put things in perspective, Henne was considered a much better prospect coming out of college than Allen.

Correction from what I wrote previously.  I didn't realize until seeing Jags02's depth chart thread that Brandon Allen was kept as a 3rd QB.

Yeah, it's actually four players with up to three accrued seasons, and this opens it up to all sorts of players. With 10 PS players, it's almost impossible to predict the PS now. Even Jordan Tripp is and Ryan Davis are available to be placed on the PS.

The only players I'm confident in saying will make the PS are Tyrone Holmes, Braedon Bowman and Briean Boddy-Calhoun. I figure at least one WR, possibly Rashad Lawrence, will make it as well, and then who knows what Caldwell might be thinking for the other six.

Additional players recently waived from the PS and eligible for the PS under the old rule include Pearce Slater, Rashod Hill, Shane Wynn, Jamal Robinson, Shaq Evans, Cameron Marshall, Mike Hilton, Sean Porter, Sam Ficken and Richard Ash. Under the new rule you can add Demetrius McCray, Josh Evans, Nick Marshall, Thurston Armbrister, TJ Barnes, Kadeem Edwards, Nic Jacobs, Bjorne Werner, Joplo Bartu and Ryan Quigley.

Jonas Gray would be eligible as well with three accrued seasons behind him, however, I doubt he qualifies as a candidate since the Jaguars gave him an injury settlement

'02

How's this for a possible PS...

• Tyrone Holmes

• Braedon Bowman

• Briean Boddy-Calhoun

• Rashad Lawrence

• Shaq Evans

• Pearce Slater (or Richard Ash)

• Jordan Tripp

• Ryan Davis (or Thurston Armbrister)

• Demetrius McCray (or Nick Marshall)

• Bjorne Werner

'02

Quote:Remember the "In Gus we trust" crowd?

you and i are one.. in the sense that i myself trust in Gus, and i am seldom right Smile
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:How's this for a possible PS...
  • Tyrone Holmes
  • Braedon Bowman
  • Briean Boddy-Calhoun
  • Rashad Lawrence
  • Shaq Evans
  • Jordan Tripp
  • Bjorne Werner

I think they like Wynn
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I think they like Wynn

Maybe he can replace Rashad Lawrence. I think they like Shaq Evans as well.

'02

Usually they bring in a couple of guys cut from other teams to the PS too.

Whats the rules on the ps. Too lazy to look it up lol

Quote:Whats the rules on the ps. Too lazy to look it up lol
It's like Suicide Squad but they're called "Practice Squad".

They are a group of players brought in to practice against the Jags.

Quote:How's this for a possible PS...
  • Tyrone Holmes
  • Braedon Bowman
  • Briean Boddy-Calhoun
  • Rashad Lawrence
  • Shaq Evans
  • Jordan Tripp
  • Bjorne Werner
I think Davis would rather go somewhere else than be on our PS. But I wouldn't mind it.

Edit: from my understanding, Davis isn't eligible for PS. He's been active 3 seasons.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Whats the rules on the ps. Too lazy to look it up lol
Quote:PRACTICE SQUAD: Each team's 10-player practice squad can be assembled beginning on Sunday. Up to four of the players can have two accrued seasons in the league, as counted by spending at least six weeks on a team's active roster or reserve list. Players can spend two seasons on the practice squad, as defined by at least six weeks equaling one season.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/....html?_r=0

Quote:I think Davis would rather go somewhere else than be on our PS. But I wouldn't mind it.

Edit: from my understanding, Davis isn't eligible for PS. He's been active 3 seasons.

That's just it... according to the link D6 posted, up to 4 players can be on the PS with up to three accrued seasons, so even RFAs from this past season like Nic Jacobs and Ryan Davis should qualify.

'02

Quote:There is no guarantee that Allen amounts to anything.

To put things in perspective, Henne was considered a much better prospect coming out of college than Allen.

Yeah and Henne was a much better prospect than Brady coming out. See how that logic works?

Quote:That's just it... according to the link D6 posted, up to 4 players can be on the PS with up to three accrued seasons, so even RFAs from this past season like Nic Jacobs and Ryan Davis should qualify.

I might be missing it, but I only keep seeing up to 2 seasons.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/....html?_r=0

Ugh... this says two accrued seasons. D6's link said three, but to be safe I'll cross out the three year guys from my list above.

And yes this means the RFAs like Nic Jacobs and Ryan Davis do not qualify. ...unless this link is the wrong one and D6's link is correct.

'02

Quote:Ugh... this says two accrued seasons. D6's link said three, but to be safe I'll cross out the three year guys from my list above.

And yes this means the RFAs like Nic Jacobs and Ryan Davis do not qualify. ...unless this link is the wrong one and D6's link is correct.

Hmmmm. Just let everyone be PS eligible. Who cares.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If you check my post above regarding their PS options from the prior roster, I've crossed out the players with three accrued seasons.

This in turn is my new PS progression, although keep in mind some of these guys may be replaced by guys from other rosters...

• Tyrone Holmes

• Braedon Bowman

• Briean Boddy-Calhoun

• Rashad Lawrence Shane Wynn

• Shaq Evans

• Richard Ash Pearce Slater

• Jordan Tripp*

• Thurston Armbrister*

• Nick Marshall*

• Kadeem Edwards TJ Barnes*

*The last four are the players who don't qualify under the old rules.

'02