Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Draft Thread - Day 2 ***

(04-28-2023, 11:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We're winning the division regardless of what happens or happened in this draft. R - E - L - A - X

Agree, focus on consistently dominating this division. If we outscore the Tacks, Tinhorns, and Dolts, none of them have the firepower to keep up. If we continue winning the division we can start sniffing Conf Championships and the Superbowl

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Doug and Trent aren’t dummies, I think this is telling of how they feel about the level of talent at this point. Which makes it even more head scratching why they wanted to load up on late round picks. Definitely a confusing draft.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 12:40 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aww, listen to y'all, y'all crying boys? Maybe go down to MacDonalds for a wah-burger and some french cries? Wash it down with a Whine-ken? Y'all buncha sissy-boys

MOCK DRAFTS SUCK

Also, the 49ers took a kicker in the 3rd round. Seems like there is a major talent dropoff. The most sense I can make is he will extend ETNs shelf life.

(04-29-2023, 01:06 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 11:58 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: That's referred to as a BACKUP running back, not a STARTING running back.

In regards to Snoop, that's fine.  Use a Day 3 draft pick to address the bottom roster spot at a non premium position and not a Day 2 pick.

Maybe a decade or 2 ago. In today's NFL, 2 starting level RB's is borderline a necessity

Personally, I like to use playing over 50% of the offensive/defensive snaps as the definition of a starter as it doesn't particularly matter who happens to be on the field for the first play of the game.  Barring injury to ETN, Tank Bigsby will not play 50% of the snaps.  He's a backup.

Baalke said they tried to move back in to the 3rd round but no one was picking up the phones, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Our offense is going to be stacked next year. Trevor throwing to Ridley, Kirk, and Jones. Engram and Strange. ETN and Bigsby. Our offensive line is stronger too, and now we have a little bit of depth. And an offensive genius in Doug.

I don’t think it will be too hard to find a nickle corner. The challenge will be to get a solid pass rusher. I still think a veteran free agent might be the answer.

(04-29-2023, 01:50 AM)GaJag Wrote: Our offense is going to be stacked next year. Trevor throwing to Ridley, Kirk, and Jones. Engram and Strange. ETN and Bigsby. Our offensive line is stronger too, and now we have a little bit of depth. And an offensive genius in Doug.

I don’t think it will be too hard to find a nickle corner. The challenge will be to get a solid pass rusher. I still think a veteran free agent might be the answer.

Yannick returning feels likely.

(04-29-2023, 01:22 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: Aww, listen to y'all, y'all crying boys? Maybe go down to MacDonalds for a wah-burger and some french fries? Wash it down with a Whine-ken? Y'all buncha sissy-boys

MOCK DRAFTS SUCK

Haha

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 07:00 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-29-2023, 01:50 AM)GaJag Wrote: Our offense is going to be stacked next year. Trevor throwing to Ridley, Kirk, and Jones. Engram and Strange. ETN and Bigsby. Our offensive line is stronger too, and now we have a little bit of depth. And an offensive genius in Doug.

I am 90% certain they will sign a veteran pass rusher.  Of course, there's a chance they won't but it sure seems like the logical thing to do.  The only problem will be fitting it under the salary cap.  There's not a whole lot of room right now, and they've already restructured a bunch of guys.

There is another approach I could see, and that is, on passing downs, use Devin Lloyd or Chad Muma as an OLB/pass rusher.

I don’t hate the player, Bigby. In fact, I think he’s a good running back. Don’t like the pick. We entered this draft needing another corner. We still need one. We could use an interior offensive lineman. I mean a quality one. Not some injured retread we sign off the scrapheap. I think the defense needs another edge rusher. And we need an in-line tight end. True enough they drafted one. But they reached on him and he’s not the quality that was available at the time he was picked. I trusted Baalke too soon.

The players you get in round one through three need to be immediate impact and contribution. We got that with the first round pick. We rolled our weenies in the sand on picks two and three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-29-2023, 01:15 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: Doug and Trent aren’t dummies, I think this is telling of how they feel about the level of talent at this point. Which makes it even more head scratching why they wanted to load up on late round picks. Definitely a confusing draft.

It was a failed draft strategy. The picks were meant to be trade up ammo, but other GMs saw how weak this draft is and aren’t interested in late round picks.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-29-2023, 07:00 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I don’t hate the player, Bigby. In fact, I think he’s a good running back. Don’t like the pick. We entered this draft needing another corner. We still need one. We could use an interior offensive lineman. I mean a quality one. Not some injured retread we sign off the scrapheap. I think the defense needs another edge rusher. And we need an in-line tight end. True enough they drafted one. But they reached on him and he’s not the quality that was available at the time he was picked. I trusted Baalke too soon.

The players you get in round one through three need to be immediate impact and contribution. We got that with the first round pick. We rolled our weenies in the sand on picks two and three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karl Brooks
Antonio Johnson
Antonio Johnson Jr.
Anthony Bradford
Nick Broeker
Luke Wypler

We can do this in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

How about a bump for some reflection and introspection.

(04-29-2023, 07:39 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 01:15 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: Doug and Trent aren’t dummies, I think this is telling of how they feel about the level of talent at this point. Which makes it even more head scratching why they wanted to load up on late round picks. Definitely a confusing draft.

It was a failed draft strategy. The picks were meant to be trade up ammo, but other GMs saw how weak this draft is and aren’t interested in late round picks.

This is interesting in terms of trades, in that there were fewer underclassman in this draft due to NIL payments...limiting the talent in the bottom rounds of the draft. Having the ability to stay at college while making legitimate money and not having to risk that a player could go undrafted/not make a team (without a college degree,) made the 5th-7th round picks worth less in trade value.

The talent level entering the draft will balance itself out, but the average age of draftees should tick up with the current system.  I don't know if it will fully balance out by next years draft, but I do give Baalke some credit by getting compensation for next year with the first round trade down.