Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clemons is a no show at OTAs

I have one word in response. Well, it's not really a word, but...

...meh.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Even more asinine than your first diarrhea of the mouth.

Bravo.

Calm down

Quote:Is that so...?

Your own personal trainer vs a couple strength coaches for an entire roster

Clemons is a vet who understands the defense and his role in it.

He will be in good shape when he's supposed to be here. It's really not an issue at all.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He missed several otas with seattle too.

Quote:I actually think it is human nature to at least look in the mirror and say, well I probably should go since the whole team is working hard to bring a championship to the city of Jacksonville and I am the only player that didn't volunteer.

He is not losing sleep over it because it is voluntary, but I am sure he has atleast doubted his decision, just a smidget.

At any rate.... Go Jags, glad everyone else showed
This isn't the first time he's skipped out on OTAs in his career.  I doubt he's thought twice about it. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's not irrelevant when you're making yourself stand out by being the only guy who can't seem to make it.

It's not like he has to work hard when he gets here.  He can always pull a John Henderson.

No one is suggesting it's the end of the world, that there's some conspiracy behind it, that it's destroying the locker room, or causing a rift with the coach, etc, etc...

But yeah, big deal, little deal, or no deal... it wouldn't be an issue at all had he simply showed up.

By being the only guy, he's unnecessarily putting the spotlight on himself.

As he's on his way to retirement, etc. in the next year or so.

Way to go out with a whimper, I guess.

The only place there's a spotlight on him not being there is on this board.  Beyond that, nobody is wringing their hands over this, including in the locker room.  Even the head coach, who would like everyone to be there for OTAs, isn't overly concerned about his lack of attendance.  This is a fan generated issue.  Nothing more.  He has a track record of skipping these and amazingly still showing up when required and doing his job. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:This isn't the first time he's skipped out on OTAs in his career.  I doubt he's thought twice about it. 

Last year he missed OTA's to go on vacation with his family. I think he's not thinking about it at all.

Quote:Last year he missed OTA's to go on vacation with his family. I think he's not thinking about it at all.
I'm sure it was really eating him up inside.

Quote:The only place there's a spotlight on him not being there is on this board.  Beyond that, nobody is wringing their hands over this, including in the locker room.  Even the head coach, who would like everyone to be there for OTAs, isn't overly concerned about his lack of attendance.  This is a fan generated issue.  Nothing more.  He has a track record of skipping these and amazingly still showing up when required and doing his job. 

Gus was disappointed by it.  Just as he was last year.

Not a crime for anyone else to be disappointed, either.  Especially when it's a pattern.

I probably wouldn't have noticed myself had he not been the only one.

Whether he cares or not, he's "that guy."

If it's just no big deal, the team wouldn't be bothering to try to get him in.  They have tried.

It's not about Clemons.  It's about team.  100% participation.  That doesn't mean 100% effort.  Doesn't take a lot of effort just to show.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Your own personal trainer vs a couple strength coaches for an entire roster
I guess i didn't realize OTAs were strickly about strength training.  Silly me.

Quote:Last year he missed OTA's to go on vacation with his family. I think he's not thinking about it at all.
Yikes!  Badger?

Quote:Gus was disappointed by it.  Just as he was last year.

Not a crime for anyone else to be disappointed, either.  Especially when it's a pattern.

I probably wouldn't have noticed myself had he not been the only one.

Whether he cares or not, he's "that guy."

If it's just no big deal, the team wouldn't be bothering to try to get him in.  They have tried.

It's not about Clemons.  It's about team.  100% participation.  That doesn't mean 100% effort.  Doesn't take a lot of effort just to show.

Had he not been the only one the outrage would have been dispersed among those players not showing up.  It wouldn't diminish it one bit on this board.  People look for things to be angry about with this team. 

I'm fairly certain his absence isn't going to fracture the team in the locker room.  It didn't last year.  It didn't in Seattle.  It won't this time either.

LOL... Outraged?  Angry?

That's a stretch.

It's like coming up a penny short and having to dip the "need a penny" tray.

So close, yet so far from everyone participating.

Quote:LOL... Outraged?  Angry?

That's a stretch.

It's like coming up a penny short and having to dip the "need a penny" tray.

So close, yet so far from everyone participating.

And despite his absence, the world continues to spin, and the team continues to practice.  It's a travesty that he's not there, clearly. 

Quote:It's a travesty that he's not there, clearly. 

That's what everyone is so "angry" about.  THE travesty of all travesties, obviously. Rolleyes

Can you blame him?

He just saw his heir apparent go down for the season in one of these "underwear" practices.

Quote:I guess i didn't realize OTAs were strickly about strength training. Silly me.

Not what I meant. You just obviously can get more personal attention by training on your own. Like has been said, he knows the system, so being there isn't really important for him.

What date is mandatory, anyone know?

Edgerrin James said it best when he was with the Colts: "I may not have been in college long, but I was there long enough to know what 'voluntary' means."

Who cares.