Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Jags uniform the most ugly in the league?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

ESPN uniform rankings: Jaguars have worst uniform in the NFL. Worst helmet in NFL history.

Quote:or this

[Image: 3e274008-b361-e211-9487-002655e6c126_original.jpg]
Better than ours

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No one can tell me this:

[Image: 081414-NFL-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Blake-Bo...high.0.jpg]

Is more outrageous than this

[Image: andy-dalton.jpg?w=650]

Don't really have a preference about each uniform I like our whites. But the helmet is still the kicker. Everyone knows it apparently.

Bring back '99 or '07 uniforms.

Case closed. Would be top 5 in the league. Nike sure F'd us in the [BLEEP]. Lol

I wish they would bring back the crawler on the sleeve. In my opinion it was the best and most prominent feature of our old (awesome) uniforms.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Really gaudy uniforms can grow on people if a team has a winning history. Jags get no love, for having bad uniforms and having subpar play. There are some really horrible color schemes and logos for a bunch of teams, but the schemes and colors become a thing of dread for their opponents. Green Bay has terrible colors, and a big "G" for a logo. But the cheeseheads have grown to love their colors. I honesty believe that we became a dynasty, we would be talking about how great and innovative the Jags' uniforms are.

I think you're right. The Jaguars uniforms are currently pretty bad thanks to that ill advised helmet, but there are a lot of teams with terribly ugly uniforms. The Broncos are, I think, a classic example of some of the worst uniforms in professional sports being ranked marginally higher because of the success and popularity of the team itself. The bengals, bucs, and browns all have pretty terrible uniforms right now, and I've thought that the bucs new uniforms are some of the worst I've ever seen, right down there with those bizarre patchwork uniforms that Maryland had in college football a few years back.

If the Jaguars start winning the perception of their uniforms will change. Win a few superbowls and suddenly people will think the terrible helmets are just really distinctive.

Quote:Really gaudy uniforms can grow on people if a team has a winning history. Jags get no love, for having bad uniforms and having subpar play. There are some really horrible color schemes and logos for a bunch of teams, but the schemes and colors become a thing of dread for their opponents. Green Bay has terrible colors, and a big "G" for a logo. But the cheeseheads have grown to love their colors. I honesty believe that we became a dynasty, we would be talking about how great and innovative the Jags' uniforms are.

The helmet is awful. No amount of winning will change that.

I know I'm in the minority, but I happen to like our uniforms just the way they are. In my opinion, the helmet isn't the best, but it doesn't look bad either.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Our uniforms aren't the worst in the league. The titans, patriots, broncos, browns, bengals, bucs, falcons all have comparably bad or worse uniforms.

If our helmets were all black, our unis would be sweet, IMO.
No commercial messages in sigs

I don't have that much of a problem with the uniform so much as that helmet. Seriously, it looks like someone used a flat black primer and then started to paint it and ran out of paint halfway across!  :pinch:

If you take a look at the top five winners, it's teams who have retained something close to their traditional colors for years. The gold/black motif... who it that? :yucky:  I say bring back the teal as the primary color. :yes:  That's the color and look we had when we were winners, and the primary color that the NFL knew us by when we started. I never did like the gold/black look. :pirate:

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I understand the excitement when a new uniform is revealed.  It is fun to take a look at it, compare it to the old one, buy it.  I don't understand websites like Uni-watch.  Apparently there is a large enough population that cares about the release of OTHER teams uniforms to have a successful website that presumably earns money from advertisers.  

Not knocking other people for what they like, I just don't care that much about uniforms, particularly other teams. 

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I do generally dislike ESPN, but they're spot on here.  I actually kind of like the uniforms, but the helmets are the worst in the NFL.  I've disliked them since the first day they were unveiled.  All of the team mouth pieces just kept repeating that they'd be liked with more time, but no, they're still awful. 

Two years after they change those helmets (I'm guessing at the earliest opportunity to do so), those same mouth pieces will acknowledge how they never liked them anyway.

We're worse than the Browns' FUBUs?

https://twitter.com/shootermcgavin_/stat...0664337408

[Image: CCl-gEIVEAABEUN.jpg]

I think not.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I prefer old school uniforms. IMO the 90's Jags unis were best. But I like the current Jags uni better than the Gene Smith era uni.

The current helmet really is terrible. However, I don't think that alone justifies dragging the Jags down to 32.

Agreed the only thing worse then now was the uniforms right before these with the different color scheme they almost went dolphin green
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The Jaguars have the best uniform in the NFL because, not in spite, of the helmet.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I think this is an instance where the play has been so bad that it even makes the uniforms look horrid. Personally, I like the uniforms (helmets could be tweaked), but there is definitely worse.. Winning changes everything, possibly even the perception of our uniforms..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The Jaguars have the best uniform in the NFL because, not in spite, of the helmet.

Did you get some tainted weed last night?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Did you get some tainted weed last night?

I honestly don't get the hate. The helmets are cool.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Bring back '99 or '07 uniforms.

Case closed. Would be top 5 in the league. Nike sure F'd us in the [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Lol

the 07 uni's were so damn awesome

Quote:I honestly don't get the hate. The helmets are cool.

But they're hideous.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think that there's a strange correlation between bad teams having bad uniforms, and good teams having good uniforms. Let's face it. The quality of fashion brings out the best (or worst) in all of us. Football teams are not excluded.