Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legion

Quote:There's no possible way it could although I would not be surprised in the slightest to see a few of Marvel's lesser known mutants make it into the show.

Honestly, creating a slew of new mutants (heh) as supporting characters is a bold move especially when you could possibly end up with a bunch of knockoff characters like Syd. There is no direct analog for Ptonomy, at least. By rights, any skilled telepath could do what he does (and then some).

There is an issue where different studios 'own' some of the characters whereas Fox 'owns' the others so that plays into it. That convoluted mess can be read here. It's actually a pretty interesting read.

I'm not so sure that Mr. Rotundo is supposed to represent fear. I am of the mind that he is something else entirely. It'll be interesting to see what/who he really ends up being.

You could be right, that was just my first impression. As I watch the episodes again I catch things I didn't the first time around so I will most likely change my POV on this as I catch things or they flesh out the story.

On a related note, they haven't even stated whether they'll acknowledge that Professor Xavier is David's father. I don't think they know themselves yet. Whether they do or not will go a long way to dictating where this show will go.

I read somewhere why they haven't specifically shown or acknowledged the connection but I don't remember where I read it or what it was. They said the first 'clue' To Prof X was the wheelchair in the first episode (when Lenny was rolling around in it.) Also, in episode 3 there was an X in the round window behind the chair David was sitting in. I thought it was another 'clue.'

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bizarro Goes Bankai" data-cid="969787" data-time="1488091275">
<div>
There's no possible way it could although I would not be surprised in the slightest to see a few of Marvel's lesser known mutants make it into the show.

Honestly, creating a slew of new mutants (heh) as supporting characters is a bold move especially when you could possibly end up with a bunch of knockoff characters like Syd. There is no direct analog for Ptonomy, at least. By rights, any skilled telepath could do what he does (and then some).

There is an issue where different studios 'own' some of the characters whereas Fox 'owns' the others so that plays into it. That convoluted mess can be read here. It's actually a pretty interesting read.

I'm not so sure that Mr. Rotundo is supposed to represent fear. I am of the mind that he is something else entirely. It'll be interesting to see what/who he really ends up being.

You could be right, that was just my first impression. As I watch the episodes again I catch things I didn't the first time around so I will most likely change my POV on this as I catch things or they flesh out the story.

On a related note, they haven't even stated whether they'll acknowledge that Professor Xavier is David's father. I don't think they know themselves yet. Whether they do or not will go a long way to dictating where this show will go.

I read somewhere why they haven't specifically shown or acknowledged the connection but I don't remember where I read it or what it was. They said the first 'clue' To Prof X was the wheelchair in the first episode (when Lenny was rolling around in it.) Also, in episode 3 there was an X in the round window behind the chair David was sitting in. I thought it was another 'clue.'

</div>
</blockquote>
Also, do we even know if the guy reading to him is his father? I don't remember if David has mentioned him specifically as his dad.

Quote:Also, do we even know if the guy reading to him is his father? I don't remember if David has mentioned him specifically as his dad.

No. It was never explicitly confirmed, merely implied. It'll probably end up that that guy ends up being a foster or step father. I don't know much about his mother other than her name (Gabrielle Haller).

Also, you're right about rights to charactees but this is the first join venture by Marvel Studios and Fox. As I recall, Fox owns the rights to the X-Men and related characters and the Fantastic Four and related characters. Marvel Studios owns everything else. There are some wonky crossover characters like the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver who can appear in either but they are few and far between.

Regardless, the vast majority of the mutant characters are under the control of Fox. One of the benefits of this show is Marvel and Fox playing nice (since there is some bad blood between the two over ownership) is that one day in the not-too-distant future we might get an Avengers vs. X-men crossover of sorts.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Rewatched episode 1 over the weekend.

What a trip into artistry.

Masterful use of shape, sound, and color.

I caught it the first time, but second time around was unmistakable - the score to the chase outside the hospital is straight from Dark Side of the Moon ("On the Run")  And of course, "Syd Barrett" was one of the founders of Pink Floyd.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Rewatched episode 1 over the weekend.

What a trip into artistry.

Masterful use of shape, sound, and color.

I caught it the first time, but second time around was unmistakable - the score to the chase outside the hospital is straight from Dark Side of the Moon ("On the Run")  And of course, "Syd Barrett" was one of the founders of Pink Floyd.

I seriously look forward to the end of the week when I can watch this show. Everything about it is pure viewing pleasure. I haven't enjoyed a show on so many levels in quite some time.

Quote:I seriously look forward to the end of the week when I can watch this show. Everything about it is pure viewing pleasure. I haven't enjoyed a show on so many levels in quite some time.

I made the mistake of watching the most recent episode while distracted. I'm going to have to watch this again in full before making any substantial comments.

I think we may both end up being right about the big guy, americus. ;-)

-Etrigan the Demon

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:I made the mistake of watching the most recent episode while distracted. I'm going to have to watch this again in full before making any substantial comments.

I think we may both end up being right about the big guy, americus. ;-)
Dude, I watched it earlier and was like- what the heck did I just watch? I'm glad I'm not the only one who was having a brain fart. Lol.

I'm glad I saved this for the weekend.  I was way too tired to try to even turn it on.  Doubt I could have kept up.

Quote:I'm glad I saved this for the weekend.  I was way too tired to try to even turn it on.  Doubt I could have kept up.

I will have to watch it again. Maybe with a beer or a glass of wine this time.

I really, really, really, REALLY dig this show!

Going to really get fun when his paranoia kicks in as he tries to rationalize all that's in his head.

I'm lost as [BLEEP] due to episode 5.

Brain. Fried.

I have a theory but am not on my laptop so will have to share it later. Apparently others have a similar theory but coming from a different angle. And have I said how much it sucks the season is so short, and if the cliffhangers of each episode are this mind bending, I don't want to think about how crazy the season finale will be. I'm glad Iron Fist is coming out on Netflix next Friday so that will ease some of the torture. Lol.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017, 11:08 AM by Best84.)

I'm excited for Iron Fist as well but the early reviews of it aren't holding up to previous Marvel /Netflix shows.

Quote:I have a theory but am not on my laptop so will have to share it later. Apparently others have a similar theory but coming from a different angle. And have I said how much it sucks the season is so short, and if the cliffhangers of each episode are this mind bending, I don't want to think about how crazy the season finale will be. I'm glad Iron Fist is coming out on Netflix next Friday so that will ease some of the torture. Lol.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure we're on similar pages here. I really enjoyed this past episode. I think I know what's going on but I also think they should give the viewer a little more insight into what's going on...at least on the surface. I question how diligent watchers are going to be in the long term if everything is so...open-ended.

I don't have high hopes for Iron Fist. That character isnt particularly compelling on his own without Power Man (Luke Cage). In all honesty, I would have much rather they had given us Cloak and Dagger instead of Iron Fist.

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I'm excited for Iron Fist as well but the early reviews of it aren't holding up to previous Marvel /Netflix shows.

Quote:Yeah. I'm pretty sure we're on similar pages here. I really enjoyed this past episode. I think I know what's going on but I also think they should give the viewer a little more insight into what's going on...at least on the surface. I question how diligent watchers are going to be in the long term if everything is so...open-ended.

I don't have high hopes for Iron Fist. That character isnt particularly compelling on his own without Power Man (Luke Cage). In all honesty, I would have much rather they had given us Cloak and Dagger instead of Iron Fist.
Iron Fist leads us into The Defenders which comes out in September so I'm down with it. Me not being a comic reader let's me just enjoy the various shows and movies without getting uptight about it all. 

I will have to watch Legion again, of course, to catch things I may have missed but my original theory will probably still stand. If it's the theory others seem to have coming from a different angle at least I'm in the ballpark. I don't mind open-ended as long as they throw us a bone. So far questions from an episode have kind of been somewhat resolved in the following episode, at least for me. Not totally but enough. I must say the version of David this past episode threw me off until I somewhat understood what was going on. I reckon that's how MPD works. I prefer the not so confident David. He's much more fun. The power he had in this episode was pretty fantastic though and the ending scenes were creepy as all get out. 

Sybil meets (in)Justice League, all inside one mind.

Show reminds me of inception meets the haunting
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Does anyone else have the problem of when they hear the name David they hear it in Syd's voice? Lol. It's said so often in the show and the actress has a certain way with her voice that it kind of sticks. Thankfully I don't hear the name often so it's not a problem, but when I do hear it it is almost always in Syd's voice. Yeah, I'm weird. Can't wait to see this weeks installment.

Holy crap! Lenny is [spoiler]the devil with the yellow eyes[/spoiler]! I think. At least that's what I think I understand. And what's with [spoiler]Oliver and Cary? Is Oliver helping Cary show Syd what's going on since she already suspects something is off? [/spoiler] This episode seemed kind of slow but I figured it was all to build up to a reveal at or near the end of the episode, which I believe is what happened. If I'm understanding it all correctly. Lol. This is definitely a mind bender.

I probably should have watched it later today but I have a lot to do and wanted to go ahead and see it. I should have had more coffee. I totally need to watch last week's episode and last night's episode again together. 

Actually I should have just waited until the end of the season and binge watched the whole thing. Amazon let's you buy by-the-episode or a season pass for the series. I should just buy the season pass next time and binge all at once. I didn't know I would like it this much so I've just been going episode to episode. Two more episodes! I wish they would do a 2 hour season finale but I don't think my brain could handle that much weirdness all at once.