Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wind turbines kill 573,000 birds and 888,000 bats every year.

In the United States, there is strong pressure to prevent the development of new refineries, and no major refinery has been built in the country since <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_Petroleum_Company' title="Marathon Petroleum Company">Marathon's</a> Garyville, Louisiana facility in 1976. However, many existing refineries have been expanded during that time. Environmental restrictions and pressure to prevent construction of new refineries may have also contributed to rising fuel prices in the United States. Additionally, many refineries (more than 100 since the 1980s) have closed due to obsolescence and/or merger activity within the industry itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_refinery

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Make a point beyond parroting an article, maybe we'll make an effort in response.
As I see it, Drifter post an article, a few posters take pop shots at him without ever reading the article.  Are some of them pure propaganda?  Yes, but what about those that are valid?  Some of you out there discredit the story because of who posted it.  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:As I see it, Drifter post an article, a few posters take pop shots at him without ever reading the article. Are some of them pure propaganda? Yes, but what about those that are valid? Some of you out there discredit the story because of who posted it.

That's why I believe everything I read..

Still on the hunt for bigfoot.. Already found a ufo, but who hasn't?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:It was started by a Koch lobbyist, Thomas Pyle.

It is not that hard to find. Try Google. The organization is funded largely by energy companies and large corps like Koch. None of this should be surprising.
The question still remains, are these valid points?  You may not like the source of the questions but can we at least discuss the validity before we dismiss it because of it's source?

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:That's why I believe everything I read..

Still on the hunt for bigfoot.. Already found a ufo, but who hasn't?
What you don't have a bigfoot chained to your UFO to counter the effects of gravity?  On a more serious note though, if you think with all of those planets out there that there is not other intelligent life out there then I don't know what to say.  But I digress.

Quote:I don't get the point of posting this, or the point of the article. Are we supposed to be so worried about dead birds and bats we don't try to find and use other sources of energy?
I think the point it that wind is excused from the death of animals while other more profitable sources are condemned.  

Quote:As I see it, Drifter post an article, a few posters take pop shots at him without ever reading the article.  Are some of them pure propaganda?  Yes, but what about those that are valid?  Some of you out there discredit the story because of who posted it.  

It's all about track record.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I heard cows have become a problem too..

[Image: 2dgrtds.jpg]

Eat mor chikin.

Moving to Tampa soon. cant wait to eat Chick Fil A every single day. There's none up here in NY Sad

Quote:Moving to Tampa soon. cant wait to eat Chick Fil A every single day. There's none up here in NY Sad

Hit me up when you get here. First meal is on me.

Word. Ill take a number 3 and a 5 piece. 

Quote:It's all about track record.

And what is my track record? I posted 2 stories that were proven to be false, 2 stories out of the hundreds that I posted. Propaganda aside, all my stories come from a credible source and you just don't like the source............

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 09:01 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:The question still remains, are these valid points?  You may not like the source of the questions but can we at least discuss the validity before we dismiss it because of it's source?

Has anybody denied that birds get killed by wind turbines?

But also many times more birds die every year because of things like skyscrapers and cell towers. But gas companies are not going to fund anti-skyscraper PAC's, are they? So is the point that birds are being killed by wind turbines or that wind turbines are an alternative energy source?

Quote:And what is my track record? I posted 2 stories that were proven to be false, 2 stories out of the hundreds that I posted. Propaganda aside, all my stories come from a credible source and you just don't like the source............

That's not it at all. My point is you keep flinging crap against the wall in hopes of something sticking. You seldom make a specific point regarding the articles you post, beyond quoting tag lines, unless it is drawn out of you. That's why I asked about the point of the article, and your point in posting it.

Birds and bats are killed by wind turbines. It doesn't take much thought to believe it to be true. Why would this be studied, and what are the statistics about other energy sources?

In the immortal words of Jim Rome: Have a take, and try not to suck.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:And what is my track record? I posted 2 stories that were proven to be false, 2 stories out of the hundreds that I posted. Propaganda aside, all my stories come from a credible source and you just don't like the source............
That's the track record. This may come as a shock to you, but outside of your echo chamber people don't much care for sensationalist propaganda. 

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM by The Drifter.)

Quote:That's the track record. This may come as a shock to you, but outside of your echo chamber people don't much care for sensationalist propaganda. 

Like the MSM, Huffpo, CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the left leaning media isn't Democrat talking points and propaganda.........

Quote:Like the MSM, Huffpo, CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the left leaning media isn't Democrat talking points and propaganda.........
You asked a question. I gave you an answer. At least you can admit you just post propaganda. 

In addition, I don't see people posting carpet bombing this forum with sensationalist threads other than you. 

Quote:You asked a question. I gave you an answer. At least you can admit you just post propaganda. 

In addition, I don't see people posting carpet bombing this forum with sensationalist threads other than you. 

Don't like my thread, don't /click on them / read them, Simple as that

Quote:Don't like my thread, don't /click on them / read them, Simple as that
Don't want criticism? Don't ask questions you already know answers to. 

Quote:Don't like my thread, don't /click on them / read them, Simple as that

But who would tell you that you are posting fake news?