Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baltimore Rioting

Quote:I can see that view and have heard there is credible insight that just that may be occurring. I hate that the ill informed would fall down that rabbit hole though. We as a people should not ever have any type of entity to prop us up. Stand on your own two feet, you know? Frustrating!

Word is the Bloods and Crips have also joined the BG

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Statement from Gov. <a class="" href='https://www.facebook.com/larryhoganmd'>Larry Hogan</a>:

I have been closely monitoring the situation in Baltimore City and have been in contact with Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake's office to provide the city with whatever resources are required. The Maryland State Police have been dispatched in a supporting role on the ground, as well as other resources and equipment from various state agencies.

Today’s looting and acts of violence in Baltimore will not be tolerated. In response, I have put the Maryland National Guard on alert so they can be in position to deploy rapidly as needed. I strongly condemn the actions of the offenders who are engaged in direct attacks against innocent civilians, businesses and law enforcement officers. There is a significant difference between protesting and violence and those committing these acts will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the men and women in uniform who are actively working to stem this violence and several who been injured in the line of duty. These malicious attacks against law enforcement and local communities only betray the cause of peaceful citizens seeking answers and justice following the death of Freddie Gray.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Where are people defending the people rioting? As opposed to you defending the range war with armed militia. There was lots of peaceful protesting until the crazy's showed up... I'm confused 

Panda Boy tells me it's my privilege that lead me not to understand the reason for the rioting. That's pretty darn close to an excuse for the rioters as you'll find. I don't care who you are or where your from, attacking the police and destroying private property is never acceptable. It leads to a more militarized police force, it leads to a more aggressive police force, it leads to more brutality. But it's my "privilege" that just keeps me from understanding the reasoning.  

On group engages in violence that's my point, the same people that will crucify the bundy ranch movement and other anti-government ilk for speaking out are the same ones defending the reasoning behind all these urban riots and claiming it's my privilege keeping me from understanding. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Hmm... I wonder if The_Anchorman is going to claim that these "protesters" are being treated differently based on the color of their skin.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Panda Boy tells me it's my privilege that lead me not to understand the reason for the rioting. That's pretty darn close to an excuse for the rioters as you'll find. I don't care who you are or where your from, attacking the police and destroying private property is never acceptable. It leads to a more militarized police force, it leads to a more aggressive police force, it leads to more brutality. But it's my "privilege" that just keeps me from understanding the reasoning.  

On group engages in violence that's my point, the same people that will crucify the bundy ranch movement and other anti-government ilk for speaking out are the same ones defending the reasoning behind all these urban riots and claiming it's my privilege keeping me from understanding. 
I missed that post of his. Apologies. 

I don't think you will find any rational person condoning riots. After all there was multiple days of peaceful protesting without weapons or violence of any kind. The core of the situations are not really comparable, if we are being honest. 

Tonight's Orioles game was postponed because of the riots.  

And what kind of message is John Angelos sending!  :verymad:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/04/...baltimore/

Quote:I missed that post of his. Apologies. 

I don't think you will find any rational person condoning riots. After all there was multiple days of peaceful protesting without weapons or violence of any kind. The core of the situations are not really comparable, if we are being honest. 

You are right the entire message against brutality which is a REAL problem gets lost when these riots go on. Honestly it only worsens the problem which is what boils me so bad, people think we have a brutality problem now just wait until the police are fully militarized. It's inevitable if there keeps popping up riots every other month. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

300 Men March are trying to address the people that are being disruptive, and act as peacekeepers.    And I believe Freddie Gray's family have spoken out against the protesters, having asked them to keep it peaceful.

What's a real shame is that the message gets lost because of rioters who loot (and those who loot probably don't care about the message, they only see an opportunity) and who get violent.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You are right the entire message against brutality which is a REAL problem gets lost when these riots go on. Honestly it only worsens the problem which is what boils me so bad, people think we have a brutality problem now just wait until the police are fully militarized. It's inevitable if there keeps popping up riots every other month. 
Yup, but these people rioting are not doing it for a message. They are opportunistic and looking for mayhem or for easy loot. They could care less what the issue is for underlying tension. They will also be lumped in with peaceful protesters. 

State of emergency declared. National Guard has been activated

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/04/.../26468391/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Robert Valentine for President!!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Hmm... I wonder if The_Anchorman is going to claim that these "protesters" are being treated differently based on the color of their skin.

White students riot and burn [BLEEP] when their sports team loses and no one cares. Do you realize this? 

Quote:White students riot and burn [BAD WORD REMOVED] when their sports team loses and no one cares. Do you realize this? 

When white people riot they're called criminals. When black people riot they're called protesters

See the differance.............

They are both criminals, and people call them both criminals. Its just that america only cares when one of those groups riot. When Kentucky lost in the tournament people were burning cars and destroying property yet no one really cared. 

Quote:Panda Boy tells me it's my privilege that lead me not to understand the reason for the rioting. That's pretty darn close to an excuse for the rioters as you'll find. I don't care who you are or where your from, attacking the police and destroying private property is never acceptable. It leads to a more militarized police force, it leads to a more aggressive police force, it leads to more brutality. But it's my "privilege" that just keeps me from understanding the reasoning.

I see you still haven't gotten a hold of yourself. Are you saying you've been harassed by police? Profiled just for the way you look? Clearly you don't understand otherwise you wouldn't be so obsessed with it.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 09:54 PM by WingerDinger.)

Mom whoops son's butt live on CNN for rioting.. Go Momma!!

http://youtu.be/6-D4EHn-wns

Quote:State of emergency declared. National Guard has been activated

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/04/27/baltimore-police-freddie-gray-officer-injured/26468391/'>http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/04/27/baltimore-police-freddie-gray-officer-injured/26468391/</a>

No one can seriously read this and justify the actions and behavior of these people. They went from protesters to rioters as soon as the first person got violent.

Quote:Hmm... I wonder if The_Anchorman is going to claim that these "protesters" are being treated differently based on the color of their skin.

Lol, looks like I've gotten under yours...

Good to know...

Now if only there was a way to get you to think logically... that would be ideal...

Quote:When white people riot they're called criminals. When black people riot they're called protesters

See the differance.............

You mean animals, or thugs... c'mon man...