Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags top 5 needs ?

Quote:if you dont have one on the roster I would say its a need
Not in today's game.  Top 5, def not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not in today's game. Top 5, def not.
if you want to run the football it is. I want to be able to run the football and im sure Dave does too

Quote:if you want to run the football it is. I want to be able to run the football and im sure Dave does too
The key phrase is "top 5".  Sorry, there is no way that FB makes the cut of top 5 needs on this rebuilding team.  Not even close.

Quote:The key phrase is "top 5". Sorry, there is no way that FB makes the cut of top 5 needs on this rebuilding team. Not even close.
I disagree, if you want to run the ball you need a FB on the roster. Im sure Dave and Olsen agree and both know we need a FB

I wouldnt be shocked if Dave drafts a FB, Jalston Fowler out of Alabama

FS, RB, OT, C, G, MLB, LEO, DT all more of an important need than FB. Even depth. We'll get a FB, but it's way down the list in a matter of value and importance. We aren't drafting a FB, sorry.

FS

LEO

LB depth

OL depth

WR

LT LG C RG RT

Jk. FS LB depth RB DE

FS

LEO

MLB

up in the air after that

LEO - young DE to replace Clemons

slot WR

RB

depth for MLB and to start 2016

depth for interior line

The problem with this list is that the first four need to be drafted in the first two rounds.  I expect a run on RB in round 2 and am concerned about which RB will be available in round 3.  Interior line depth we can probably get in round 4.

All in all it looks like the Jaguars will have quite a bit of talent for 2015.  The team will still be young and make plenty of mistakes.

Quote:I'm surprised more people aren't listing LT as a need. Joeckel wasn't good at all last year. If he has another year like the last one I think they start looking for his replacement.

The answer is right there in your post. IF he plays this season like last season then yeah we can talk about possibly looking for a replacement. I think many people are giving him this off season to improve and we'll see how he plays next season.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Dave is so happy with his last fishing trip to the U,  he's going to try the same spot this year. RB D.Johnson or MLB D.Perryman is gonna be playin in teal and black next year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Dave is so happy with his last fishing trip to the U,  he's going to try the same spot this year. RB D.Johnson or MLB D.Perryman is gonna be playin in teal and black next year.
And I don't think anybody would complain. Those would be 2 awesome pickups, especially Perryman.

Free Safety 

Running Back (whoever doesn't have this high needs a reality check. Some of you left this off completely. Baffles me)

Defensive End

Offensive Line depth/competition 

MLB

FB

Quote:Dave is so happy with his last fishing trip to the U,  he's going to try the same spot this year. RB D.Johnson or MLB D.Perryman is gonna be playin in teal and black next year.
Also, thier O-lineman, blanking on his name right now.

Quote:Also, thier O-lineman, blanking on his name right now.
Flowers?

I really like Perryman. The video in the link below may be my favorite play in college football last year.

http://gamedayr.com/sports/college-ncaa/...le-128917/

Quote:Flowers?
That's it. My Canes buddy swears the guy is the real deal.

Quote:I really like Perryman. The video in the link below may be my favorite play in college football last year.

http://gamedayr.com/sports/college-ncaa/...le-128917/
Yup, that was pretty much awesome!