Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "Tolerant" Left strikes again

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 10:55 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:BLM has leaders that speak for it, that go to the Whitehouse ect. If you don't agree with advocating for killing cops, why would you identify with BLM?

BLM doesn't advocate killing cops.  Some of it's members do.  There are extremist members of all groups.

There are some people in a certain group who advocate killing gay people.  If you don't agree with advocating killing gay people, why would you identify with that group?  Oh right, because not everyone who is identified with that group happens to agree with them.

I mean I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.  BLM is about one thing: Reducing the number of unarmed black people who get killed by police (and by stalkers who want to be cops)

If you think that's really such a terrible thing to advocate for, then sure lump all of BLM together.  But that's not what you said.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 11:09 PM by Samjag904.)

I'll take the organization at its word when hundreds or thousands of them holding a BLM sign say "what do we want? Dead Cops, When do we want it? Now!" It's been so widespread that I cannot accept that it is a one off kinda thing. 

BLM isn't saving any lives. It is radicalizing people to go throw their lives away by attacking police and resisting arrest. We have a system to deal with unjustified shootings, that's the courtroom, not going out and shooting police. If that isn't good enough for some folks, I don't know what to tell them. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Also are those people defending the rioting (Which I denounced on this board, yet JIB still decides to lump me in with them for some reason... hmm wonder why)?  Or are they defending the peaceful protesters who weren't involved in the rioting?

Those peaceful protesters were shielding the rioters from the police. So no, they aren't worthy of a defense either.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I'll explain it to you, when you explain why what Dylan Roof did is considered acceptable behavior.  Or Robert Dear.  Or Jim Adkisson.

Are you serious right now? One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If you think the actions are in any way relative to each other then I can see how your view of things is skewed.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 01:27 AM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:It's not acceptable and you would have to ask the people doing it.

I don't think anyone on this board has been physically violent so you most likely won't get answers. The only people who can answer your question are the people actually doing it.
Sadly I believe there are people here who find nothing wrong with these actions, not because the actions are bad, but because they're against a person/group with whom they vehemently disagree.

Quote:I'll do that as soon as you point to someone who defended these guys?  I'll be waiting.

The question to answer is not who defends these people and their actions. The question is WHY do they do it. People here know why even if they don't participate or codone it.

Quote:You mean like the conservatives who attacked the mosque in Canada?

Maybe you should stop lumping everyone together.  I don't agree with the action of Antifa.  But according to you I do, so I'm just going to assume that you approve of the mosque shooting in Canada and refer to you as the violent right.

Nice try, the incident in Canda was truly isolated and no one on the right is implying that the perpetrator should be glorified or that we should withhold adjudication because they were SPEAKING TRUTH TO POWER.  The left, on the other hand, directly subsidizes the destruction of private property by lionizing these little punks and glossing over the destruction of private property and in some cases direct terroristic threats against the President of the United States.

Quote:I'll explain it to you, when you explain why what Dylan Roof did is considered acceptable behavior.  Or Robert Dear.  Or Jim Adkisson.  
wait what?

Neither acts or actions of these people and those people are acceptable. I think most people with rational minds and non racist thoughts can see that regardless of which party or faction you identify yourself with. That still doesn't answer the question though. And, again, all I see is the same thing I've seen my whole life in our country. 

Division. Division over stupid parties that don't care about the working class. Division over race and religion and sexual orientation, which, again, neither parties truly care about. That's why we're always stuck in neutral or reverse as a society. If it's not war mongering Neoconservatives ruining this country with it's policies and agendas. It's Neoliberals pretending to be democratic and liberal while leaning towards classic right wing motives while sugar coating it's nonsense of [BLEEP] with PC sprinkles. 

But, the fact that we're always at each other's throats over our Oligarchy. Don't anybody here dare say it's a Democracy or Republic. Those days have been dead since the Woodrow Wilson administration took over. But, the fact that we're always divided. Always fighting. Always pitching fits. Always saying "Well, your party does this" and "Oh yeah? Well your party does that". That's exactly why this country is becoming a laughing stock.

Meanwhile. These career politicians make thousands of dollars, if not, millions. They change the rules at the table to their advantages and our disadvantages. Drag is into unwinnable wars while we lose young men and women as they pocket profits. Raise taxes. And manipulate the popular opinions of our countrymen through the MSM. You all swallow that lunch meat up during happy hour nationwide. It's sad.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Don't talk about [BAD WORD REMOVED] you know nothing about.

Says the fake scientist who doesn't know [BLEEP] about science or his heritage.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Neither acts or actions of these people and those people are acceptable. I think most people with rational minds and non racist thoughts can see that regardless of which party or faction you identify yourself with. That still doesn't answer the question though. And, again, all I see is the same thing I've seen my whole life in our country. 

Exactly. I'm still waiting for the answer.

Division. Division over stupid parties that don't care about the working class. Division over race and religion and sexual orientation, which, again, neither parties truly care about. That's why we're always stuck in neutral or reverse as a society. If it's not war mongering Neoconservatives ruining this country with it's policies and agendas. It's Neoliberals pretending to be democratic and liberal while leaning towards classic right wing motives while sugar coating it's nonsense of [BAD WORD REMOVED] with PC sprinkles

Gus Bradley sprinkles? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-) But everything you said is true.

But, the fact that we're always at each other's throats over our Oligarchy. Don't anybody here dare say it's a Democracy or Republic. Those days have been dead since the Woodrow Wilson administration took over. But, the fact that we're always divided. Always fighting. Always pitching fits. Always saying "Well, your party does this" and "Oh yeah? Well your party does that". That's exactly why this country is becoming a laughing stock.

And we call ourselves civilized, forward thinkers, etc. If this country is supposed to lead by example we are doing a horrific job of it.

Meanwhile. These career politicians make thousands of dollars, if not, millions. They change the rules at the table to their advantages and our disadvantages. Drag is into unwinnable wars while we lose young men and women as they pocket profits. Raise taxes. And manipulate the popular opinions of our countrymen through the MSM. You all swallow that lunch meat up during happy hour nationwide. It's sad.

It truly is. We allow this to happen by taking the word of the media who is basically an advertisement for the views of whoever owns the companies. It hasn't been about the truth or the facts or anything related to it in a very long time. True Journalism has been dead for a while in all but a few scant places. 
One word pretty much rules in the lives of people and will be the downfall of this nation/civilization like it has been others.

Pride. And not the good kind, like you're proud of your kid for meeting a goal, but the kind that makes people think their way is the right way and they would rather be 'right' than admit the other person just might have a point even if they don't completely agree with it. Some would rather wallow in their 'rightness' even though they think or know they're wrong because it sticks it to the other person/party. The thing they don't get is it makes them look foolish and 'proves' to the other person/party what they knew all along which is the opposite side were idiots/stupid/sheep/etc. Both sides have this issue. It's not just a democrat/liberal issue.

It all comes down to pride. We all don't have to agree on everything but to be able to agree to disagree without getting mean and nasty would be a step in the right direction. 

Quote:You bet your butt being able to marry someone you love regardless of their gender is progress. It may not mean a thing to you and perhaps you disagree, so progress would never be the word you'd use. I'ts tremendous progress for those of us who never had that right previously.

I plan on exercising that right this April, as a matter of fact, and can't wait! My son, our son, that we adopted 11 years ago is beyond excited!

You will discover that you have not married each other, you have married the State of Florida.  You may have gained some rights, but can you even list the rights you will have lost? 

Quote:Good for you man!

Congrats and hopefully you have a great wedding!

Minorcan is a she.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 12:08 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:You will discover that you have not married each other, you have married the State of Florida.  You may have gained some rights, but can you even list the rights you will have lost? 

Thank you for trying to enlighten me. I've been with my partner for 14 years. We've adopted and are raising an amazingly bright, sweet, well adjusted son. Owned two houses. Taken many vacation together. Had family members pass. Raised animals from puppy to death. Gone through rough times, gone through great times and I think it's well past time I get the priveledge of calling her my wife.

Please don't try to lecture me on what this means or doesn't mean to me. This is as personal to me as any relationship you may have or had is to you. Our reasons for wanting to get MARRIED are for our commitment to each other and our commitment to our family unit as a whole. None of this is to [BAD WORD REMOVED] off anyone, it's because we love each other, period. I don't question straight couples desire to get married nor do you or JIB or anyone else. You don't quetsion them when they decide to get married at the beach because they're not affiliated with a church, you wish them well, right? You don't question them when they get divorced. Right? Why do I have to explain what I'll gain or lose? 

Quote:Thank you for trying to enlighten me. I've been with my partner for 14 years. We've adopted and are raising an amazingly bright, sweet, well adjusted son. Owned two houses. Taken many vacation together. Had family members pass. Raised animals from puppy to death. Gone through rough times, gone through great times and I think it's well past time I get the priveledge of calling her my wife.

Please don't try to lecture me on what this means or doesn't mean to me. This is as personal to me as any relationship you may have or had is to you. Our reasons for wanting to get MARRIED are for our commitment to each other and our commitment to our family unit as a whole. None of this is to [BAD WORD REMOVED] off anyone, it's because we love each other, period. I don't question straight couples desire to get married nor do you or JIB or anyone else. You don't quetsion them when they decide to get married at the beach because they're not affiliated with a church, you wish them well, right? You don't question them when they get divorced. Right? Why do I have to explain what I'll gain or lose? 
You don't. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:You don't. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.
Thanks!  Smile

That's awesome!!

Have you seen my baseball?

Congrats!

We all deserve to love freely and live happy lives.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Thank you for trying to enlighten me. I've been with my partner for 14 years. We've adopted and are raising an amazingly bright, sweet, well adjusted son. Owned two houses. Taken many vacation together. Had family members pass. Raised animals from puppy to death. Gone through rough times, gone through great times and I think it's well past time I get the priveledge of calling her my wife.

You rock!

If I may suggest St.Lucia for a honeymoon, you will have a blast. It was so much fun and the all inclusive resort was really good.

Quote:You rock!

If I may suggest St.Lucia for a honeymoon, you will have a blast. It was so much fun and the all inclusive resort was really good.
Yes, you may suggest it. I've looked into all inclusives before, so I'll look into that. 

We already have planned out (although not happening until summer, because of our sons school) to do 1 or 2 days in NY, then drive up NH to spend a couple days at our friends home there and then go to their Cape Cod home for the remainder.