Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oakland set to hire JDR

Quote:Yup.  And Oakland has suddenly become competent on draft day to boot.

Reggie McKenzie is still the general manager.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reggie McKenzie is still the general manager.
I know that, and he's been drafting well.

What's your point?

Quote:Reggie McKenzie is still the general manager.
And............?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I know that, and he's been drafting well.

What's your point?

My point is how good or bad Oakland drafts will not change just because they got a new coach.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:My point is how good or bad Oakland drafts will not change just because they got a new coach.
Good lord JDub, are you drunk?  You just decide not to read thru threads today and start your own tangents?

Quote:Good lord JDub, are you drunk?  You just decide not to read thru threads today and start your own tangents?
Oakland has tarps.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 08:21 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Good lord JDub, are you drunk?  You just decide not to read thru threads today and start your own tangents?

I certainly am reading through threads.

You seem to hate me. I hope you get warnings for every time you criticize me without trying to walk in my shoes.

I like seafood.

Quote: Jags vs Raiders would be fun.

I wonder how long until that matchup happens?
2016 season, actually. In Jacksonville too. JDR's homecoming.

Quote:I like seafood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09KL2HUXE6Q

Quote:2016 season, actually. In Jacksonville too. JDR's homecoming.
Heck ya, that'll be a good one! 

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09KL2HUXE6Q
Now i'm hungry.

With the news as of late with Denver, I honestly think a good offseason for the raiders and they could be in the hunt for the playoffs next season. They had a nice draft this past year, things might be looking up for them.

Quote:With the news as of late with Denver, I honestly think a good offseason for the Raiders and they could be in the hunt for the playoffs next season. They had a nice draft this past year, things might be looking up for them.

Adam Gase can get the head coach job in Denver. Peyton Manning would definitely want to stay for him if that happens. Let's wait and see how their coaching vacancies are filled.

Quote:Adam Gase can get the head coach job in Denver. Peyton Manning would definitely want to stay for him if that happens. Let's wait and see how their coaching vacancies are filled.
Even with that, I could still see oakland turning things around with a good offseason. We still know Denver wont be the same as is.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 10:35 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:I don't think we were under dogs in that Steeler game and even if we were, we certainly were not big under dogs as we had already beaten the Steelers earlier that season.

I kind of remembered that they weren't "big" underdogs, but I just threw that in there to see if anybody did remember and would mention it.

It had been so long that I had actually forgotten that the Jags were favorites, on the road at that.

I just can't picture the Jags being road favorites in a playoff game right now, I just can't.

How much longer until that happens again? A road playoff game, I can see in a few seasons, but a road favorite? How long until we see that?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...050pit.htm

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:comepletely agree. rivers isnt getting younger, manning will retire soon and alex smith is well alex smith so JDR will have the best QB in the division. and apparently hes trying to add Mike Smith and Trestman. that is a hell of a coaching trio if it happens.

As was said earlier in the thread, I would say Raiders in the playoffs in 2 years.

JDR should get Mike Smith to run his d. If he gets a decent OC (why not) then the Raiders are out of the cellar.

Ugh I can see Carr to Cooper happening a lot.

Watch him end up with a better record than us next year.

If JDR was mediocre, what does that make our current HC?

Or are those two separate issues?

Quote:Mike Smith will most likely join him as DC. Getting the old band back together.
I am actually jealous.

Quote:Nonsense. When you look at what he did in Jacksonville for nine years and what eight other coaches did for the Raiders since 2002, he is going to be a huge upgrade for Oakland.
Him and Smith would be an upgrade for us right now

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.