Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why do I feel like I just watched a Pre-season game?

Great win for the team. Winning heals all wounds.

I do wish we would have been able to put up some more points against that poop defense but hey.... I'll take the win. Lee is really starting to impress me though. He is fighting for balls and running much better routes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We just gave the Titans Mariota just like we gave the Colts Luck. I guess the Texans are due from a gift 1st pick QB. We rock. Wasted a bunch of draft picks for a meaningless win.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:We just gave the Titans Mariota just like we gave the Colts Luck. I guess the Texans are due from a gift 1st pick QB. We rock. Wasted a bunch of draft picks for a meaningless win.

Based on their recent history with quarterbacks, good. I don't think Mariota is going to amount to much in the NFL. They're welcome.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

[Image: PTWTG-450x244.png]

Huh

Quote:We just gave the Titans Mariota just like we gave the Colts Luck. I guess the Texans are due from a gift 1st pick QB. We rock. Wasted a bunch of draft picks for a meaningless win.

We maybe moved back three spots

[Image: boohoo-so-sad.jpg]

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

How miserable must someone be to start this thread?

You forgot last year. They gave Houston Teddy Bridgewater.

IMO............until Toby Gerhart's running lit a spark under the entire team in terms of enthusiasm and momentum, this Jags team looked like their head was clearly not in the game and task at hand. So, again this is just my opinion............had he not done that and played a pretty decent game overall, this team could have very well found themselves 2-13 when they woke up this morning instead of 3-12. Not that it matters in the larger picture, but losing to the Texans could have been the final straw for many Jag fans. For that, thanks Toby for lighting that fire when you did.

Quote:We maybe moved back three spots

[Image: boohoo-so-sad.jpg]
Ah the good ole child retaliation method. If it were any other team I'd have no problem because we win in a tie with anyone except the Titans who have a worse SoS. But hey it's not like we need a bunch of pieces or anything. But by all means keep up the juvenile behavior.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Terrible win. Game did nothing for the Jaguars but get Marks some extra money. Congrats to him because I'm all for that but tell the team to win in Sept, Oct, and Nov sometime in the decade. I think we've mastered the art of winning meaningless games and giving other teams better draft position. Specifically in our own division for some odd reason. 3-12 lets party.

Some body throw a pie in this guys face.  Captain Buzzkillington

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Getting a little excited there buddy. How is losing all season and then winning late season games been working for the team all these years? It does nothing. Bet you're waiting for Jaguars.com to upload Gus jumping up and down in the locker room after this win too huh? You damn duck.

Hey man I agree with what you are throwing down here.  I am tired of lame duck wins against other lousy teams at the end of the year.  I agree it does absolutely .....NOTHING.......for the team.  Yea learning how to win last year really helped us this year ....huh?  Look I like a win as much as the next guy but the only thing that really mattered about that game was the defensive play after the awful first drive and Bortles.

Now if we had beaten the Ravens last week I would feel a bit better.  Beat the tinhorns next week and I'll say they did something.  But again enough with the garbabe wins against garbage teams at the end of the season.

Wooooooo! We got a W on Prime Time!

Quote:Ah the good ole child retaliation method. If it were any other team I'd have no problem because we win in a tie with anyone except the Titans who have a worse SoS. But hey it's not like we need a bunch of pieces or anything. But by all means keep up the juvenile behavior.

Did you purchase tickets to the game? If not, please keep your loser mentality to yourself.

Quote:How miserable must someone be to start this thread?
I wasn't miserable, just not drunk enough I guess  Smile

And for all you naysayers, I swear as that game was ending, and maybe it was just because it was a night game, I had a flashback of every pre-season game I've ever watched.  You know that feeling when the 2nd and 3rd stringers are in and you're just watching because you're a fan?  That's how I felt.

You understand that we're not taking Mariota even if we had the number one pick, right?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Even if we end up at #6, that still allows us to get Leonard Williams, Randy Greogry, Shane Ray or Amari Cooper. Thats just fine.

Quote:You understand that we're not taking Mariota even if we had the number one pick, right?

But we probably could have traded for a top 10 pick, an additional 2nd round pick, and another later round pick (~4th).

I'll take 3 additional players in the top ~4 rounds in any given draft.

What's with all this fear of Mariota? We will go out there and smash the Texans, Colts, and Titans in the mouth every Sunday.  Bortles will be better than Mariota anyway

Quote:But we probably could have traded for a top 10 pick, an additional 2nd round pick, and another later round pick (~4th).

I'll take 3 additional players in the top ~4 rounds in any given draft.

Making up stuff is fun

;

;