Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alternative Facts

Quote:It was still potentially damaging and feeds into the false attempt at painting Trump as a racist.

So are you saying it's cool to report ANYTHING you want as a retraction makes it all good? Aren't ethics involved anywhere in this process?

There are no ethics in the business of journalism.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There are no ethics in the business of journalism.

Modern day journalism is worse than being a criminal. At least criminals know what they are.

Quote:More alternative facts? Considering it was an interview the low morals blonde gave!

Wow...low morals?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Wow...low morals?

Anyone who would to stand up there and create "alternative facts" cannot have many.

Quote:Anyone who would to stand up there and create "alternative facts" cannot have many.

Okay...

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 09:11 PM by Kotite.)

I linked to a video of the feces literally pouring out of her mouth.

I guess rejecting facts you don't like is a form of alternative facts too.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We only listen to the writing of bloggers around here. If their "facts" are palatable anyway

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 11:44 AM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:I linked to a video of the feces literally pouring out of her mouth.

I guess rejecting facts you don't like is a form of alternative facts too.
You know this part of the board includes the original In Gene We Trust Coalition. If Trump tells them the Jaguars won the Super Bowl the day after the SB they will believe him even if the liberal MSM says the Falcons/Patriots won.

Quote:Seriously..

It was a grilling over crowd size.. Really? Who gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED]? There's way more important issues to debate.. Everyone knows that Obama had the largest crowd ever..

Quality over quantity

Who gives a [BLEEP]?  Apparently, Donald Trump gives a [BLEEP].  Everything with him is like a dick measuring contest.  He gets caught up in the most ridiculous arguments, and it's all so juvenile.  

For him to send his press secretary out to tell a series of provable falsehoods on the very first day, about something so trivial as who had the largest inaugural crowd, is just so stupid and immature, it's beyond belief. 

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 02:20 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Who gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED]?  Apparently, Donald Trump gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED].  Everything with him is like a [BAD WORD REMOVED] measuring contest.  He gets caught up in the most ridiculous arguments, and it's all so juvenile.  

For him to send his press secretary out to tell a series of provable falsehoods on the very first day, about something so trivial as who had the largest inaugural crowd, is just so stupid and immature, it's beyond belief. 

What did he say was false? I really don't even know what he said.

As for who cares? The MSM, apparently. They took quite a delight in spreading a fake image comparing crowd size. Is it so wrong to point out their lies? Should Trump just ignore the media and let them continue to spout lie after lie?

In reality, it doesn't matter. They can continue to cover and headline stupid crap like this. Kotite and his crew eat it up. Meanwhile, Trump is doing actually newsworthy stuff like halting TPP, government regulations, and ObamaCare.

The left invents alternative facts, then turns on alternative facts.

Liberalism in a nutshell.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What did he say was false? I really don't even know what he said.

As for who cares? The MSM, apparently. They took quite a delight in spreading a fake image comparing crowd size. Is it so wrong to point out their lies? Should Trump just ignore the media and let them continue to spout lie after lie?

In reality, it doesn't matter. They can continue to cover and headline stupid crap like this. Kotite and his crew eat it up. Meanwhile, Trump is doing actually newsworthy stuff like halting TPP, government regulations, and ObamaCare.

It's easier to fixate on this than deal with the fact that he's doing what he said he was going to do...after they've spent months telling us he wasn't.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM by The Real Marty.)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-tru...tes-233984

Who cares, you ask?   Trumps press secretary came out and brought it up!  And took no questions afterwards.  This is all he wanted to talk about!   The press didn't bring it up!  Trump's press secretary did! 

Look, if you think this is stupid crap, which it is, they why is Trump perpetuating this dispute by sending his own press secretary out there to lie about it?   Provable, absolute, bald faced lies!   What is he doing!  It's idiotic! 

Quote:The left invents alternative facts, then turns on alternative facts.

Liberalism in a nutshell.

The Left: When we do it it's A-Ok.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He must have acted stupidly.  Maybe he should be along for the ride, but get in back.

Depends on what the definition of what "is" is...

"America's chickens are coming home to roost."

We have to pass it so you can see what's in it.

“I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.”

“The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, you know, there’s a reaction that’s been bred in our experiences that don’t go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that’s just the nature of race in our society.” 

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking!”

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 02:58 PM by Indy2Jax.)

He said and I quote " This was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe."

While one could file this in The Who cares bin. It appears Donald cares very much and Spicer decided to use alternative facts. All the while lecturing the media on honesty??

Really now?

Then there is this gem of a lie:

" this was the first time in our nations history that floor coverings had been used to protect the grass on the mall. That had the effect of highlighting any areas in which people were not standing."

Except for when they covered it in 2013.

Quote:He said and I quote " This was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe."

While one could file this in The Who cares bin. It appears Donald cares very much and Spicer decided to use alternative facts. All the while lecturing the media on honesty??

Really now?

So...we have the global numbers in? I haven't seen any myself so i don't know if that statement is accurate or not, though it will be funny as hell to watch the madlibs if it turns out to be right.