Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The first Christmas present you actually remember getting

Quote:I should start drinking less beer.

I don't drink anymore. Of course, I don't drink any less, either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I got this one year....

[Image: 9e0bff5745eeadd4761c7fdae04059d2.jpg]

[Image: evel-knievel-stunt-cycle-84293_630x210.jpg]

My big brother got the Evil Kneivel version of it. We would go out and race them up and down our street...those little suckers would fly!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 01:40 AM by americus 2.0.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Cabin-Playset-Canister-20001/dp/B000063S5X/ref=sr_1_16?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1418276065&sr=1-16&keywords=lincoln+logs'>http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Cabin-Playset-Canister-20001/dp/B000063S5X/ref=sr_1_16?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1418276065&sr=1-16&keywords=lincoln+logs</a>

Lincoln Logs. I don't remember how old I was but I played with those all the time.

Another was a Tonka Jeep Renegade with a man and woman with a canoe. This is in the 80's when some toys were still made with metal. I still have that thing. I played with that thing every single day. It actually has some rust on it.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 08:56 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Cabin-Playset-Canister-20001/dp/B000063S5X/ref=sr_1_16?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1418276065&sr=1-16&keywords=lincoln+logs'>http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Cabin-Playset-Canister-20001/dp/B000063S5X/ref=sr_1_16?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1418276065&sr=1-16&keywords=lincoln+logs</a>

Lincoln Logs. I don't remember how old I was but I played with those all the time.

Another was a Tonka Jeep Renegade with a man and woman with a canoe. This is in the 80's when some toys were still made with metal. I still have that thing. I played with that thing every single day. It actually has some rust on it.

Loved Lincoln Logs...and the original Legos (when they were all the big size).

We used to have a beagle when I was a kid that would absolutely destroy any stray Lincoln Logs that were left out of the cannister and on the floor.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

First gift I remember is the Black Power Ranger with kicking action. My little brother was gifted the Red Power Ranger. 

[Image: 2425690.jpg]

Quote: Kids today would think this was something back in the Flinstones era.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF7EpEnglgk[/media]

Anything not bolted down or out of reach found it's way to the floor, got scooped, then loaded into the dump truck. 

[Image: Tonka-truck.jpg]

[Image: tonka-dump-truck.jpg]

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:My brother and I each got one of those punching bags that were three or four feet tall.  One was Rocky and the other was Mr T.

Yeah, we got one of those, ours was Yogi the Bear.  Also I remember getting a little battery operated robot.  This was it! 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8w-QX7PW6U[/media]

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:After reading the other Christmas thread, "The Truth", I starting thinking about the first Christmas present that I remember getting as a little kid. I know I got presents well before this, but this is the first one I actually remember getting. I think I was maybe 3-4 years old.. Also thought this would be a pretty cool thread, to see the first present that everyone remembers getting.. 

Mine was the Fisher Price Car Garage, complete with drivers and cars.. I played with that damn thing seems like forever.. Gotta love vintage nostalgia..

[Image: 142ahd0.jpg]
Thats an awesome gift, that I could actually see myself still playing with today...

I dont remember my first christmas gift, but I do remember the trick my parents played on me.  Telling me that things were tough financially and that Christmas might not happen at all.  When we did have christmas I barely had any presents and I was very thankful for what I had received, but inside i did feel a bit down.  Then my parents told me that Santa had left a present in another room for some reason which was the gift I had truly wanted to begin with.

Quote: Kids today would think this was something back in the Flinstones era.
I had one, it was my suprise gift that I was refering to in my previous posts.