Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Credit Where Credit Is Due To Obama

Quote:1. That really is incidental. Many countries cultivate these groups and actions. They are equally responsible for not putting a stop to it themselves.

2. The US is still there because the terrorists are still there. If the countries took handle on this problem themselves, the US would be the first to leave them all alone.

3. WW2 history shows that the quickest way to stop an aggressor is to overwhelm them with power. Did many civilians die in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Of course. How many MORE would have died had those actions not been taken? Nobody will ever know, but common sense suggests that that overwhelming action put a quick, definitive end to the conflict.

4. The end game is the same that you and I both want for the world. Peace. There can be no peace until these countries start self policing and eliminating terrorism. There is ZERO excuse for terrorism.

1) That's the great thing about going to war with terrorism, gives you free reign to put troops anywhere you want.

2) Why is the US creating and training terrorist groups then? Seems counterproductive if the aim is to end terrorism

3) No argument

4) These countries will never learn to self police or be able to independently govern themselves with the US there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1) That's the great thing about going to war with terrorism, gives you free reign to put troops anywhere you want.

2) Why is the US creating and training terrorist groups then? Seems counterproductive if the aim is to end terrorism

3) No argument

4) These countries will never learn to self police or be able to independently govern themselves with the US there.
2. name this/these group(s). Remember, we are talking about terrorist groups who's sole goal is to maim and kill innocent civilians.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:2. name this/these group(s). Remember, we are talking about terrorist groups who's sole goal is to maim and kill innocent civilians.
The US  made ISIS, Al Qaeda and the biggest terrorist  group in the world, itself.

Quote:The US  made ISIS, Al Qaeda and the biggest terrorist  group in the world, itself.
You're 0 for 3 so far.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:You're 0 for 3 so far.
The US helped train and arm the Mujahideen to fight against the soviet union. Yes or no?

Quote:The US helped train and arm the Mujahideen to fight against the soviet union. Yes or no?
Absolutely. Now, read your own words very carefully. Nowhere and at no time did the US train those savage vermin to engage in terrorist activities.

There is a difference between war and terrorism. If not for the US, much of Europe would be speaking Arabic by now.

Quote:Absolutely. Now, read your own words very carefully. Nowhere and at no time did the US train those savage vermin to engage in terrorist activities.

There is a difference between war and terrorism. If not for the US, much of Europe would be speaking Arabic by now.

When you give a large group power in an unstable area while also training and giving them weopons + the means to fight you are simply asking for trouble.

When that specific group had finished fighting the USSR , it splintered. The US stood by and actively encouraged the group (now called the Taliban) to defeat other forces in the area because those groups were closer to Iran.

Quote:When you give a large group power in an unstable area while also training and giving them weopons + the means to fight you are simply asking for trouble.

When that specific group had finished fighting the USSR , it splintered. The US stood by and actively encouraged the group (now called the Taliban) to defeat other forces in the area because those groups were closer to Iran.
And where exactly did the training of women and children to strap bombs to one's self and press the button while screaming nonsense about some fake religion started by a homosexual pedophile?

The closest thing that the US has is the Westboro church. A group of right-wing extremist wackos. They protest funerals for soldiers killed in action and such. They are a mockery of religion as is all of islam. The US just keeps them on a tight leash. They yet have to pull off something that involves killing masses of innocent civilians.

Quote:And where exactly did the training of women and children to strap bombs to one's self and press the button while screaming nonsense about some fake religion started by a homosexual pedophile?

The closest thing that the US has is the Westboro church. A group of right-wing extremist wackos. They protest funerals for soldiers killed in action and such. They are a mockery of religion as is all of islam. The US just keeps them on a tight leash. They yet have to pull off something that involves killing masses of innocent civilians.

Terrorism by its definition is violence used to further political goals. The Taliban were a terrorist group even without strapping bombs to kids. They developed that themselves it seems.

Quote:Terrorism by its definition is violence used to further political goals. The Taliban were a terrorist group even without strapping bombs to kids. They developed that themselves it seems.
This is partly true, and it's origin is admittedly tied to government. However, the modern use of the word in linguistics does not distinctly tie governments to the act. 

I think we can agree on that.

Quote:This is partly true, and it's origin is admittedly tied to government. However, the modern use of the word in linguistics does not distinctly tie governments to the act.

I think we can agree on that.

The modern use of the word is still the same as that no? Violence used to further a political or ideological goal?

So a group created to illegally further political or ideological goals through violence and intimidation is a terrorist group.

The broad point of what I am trying to say goes back to Ireland again. The IRA to me were heroes and freedom fighters who fought tooth and nail to gain independence from a foreign power. To most British people they were terrorists just like the Taliban and ISIS

To many people in the middle east he Taliban and ISIS are/were freedom fighters. They have a foreign power occupying their land and they want them gone. Same as the IRA. To them the USA are terrorists who have no right to bomb the area where they live just like whoever flew the planes on 9/11 had no right to crash into the twin towers.

Quote:The modern use of the word is still the same as that no? Violence used to further a political or ideological goal?

So a group created to illegally further political or ideological goals through violence and intimidation is a terrorist group.

The broad point of what I am trying to say goes back to Ireland again. The IRA to me were heroes and freedom fighters who fought tooth and nail to gain independence from a foreign power. To most British people they were terrorists just like the Taliban and ISIS

To many people in the middle east he Taliban and ISIS are/were freedom fighters. They have a foreign power occupying their land and they want them gone. Same as the IRA. To them the USA are terrorists who have no right to bomb the area where they live just like whoever flew the planes on 9/11 had no right to crash into the twin towers.
Ok, I'll concede on the meaning of the word.

Now, what occupation of what/which country/countries mitigated the actions like the bombing of the USS Cole, which was in the area combating oceanic piracy. What about 9/11/2001?

There are examples from your country as well. Add in the rest of the UK, Europe, and countries like Nigeria. Nigeria is a country with both religions. Has been that way for decades. What gives the muslim vermin the right to invade Christian areas and slaughter peaceful people? 

I guess I'll leave you two alone.

Quote:Ok, I'll concede on the meaning of the word.

Now, what occupation of what/which country/countries mitigated the actions like the bombing of the USS Cole, which was in the area combating oceanic piracy. What about 9/11/2001?

There are examples from your country as well. Add in the rest of the UK, Europe, and countries like Nigeria. Nigeria is a country with both religions. Has been that way for decades. What gives the muslim vermin the right to invade Christian areas and slaughter peaceful people?

Muslims have no right to kill peaceful people , the same way the USA has no right to kill innocent civilians but still does in the name of "the war of terror".

Quote:I guess I'll leave you two alone.

Join in if you want.

This isn't a winnable debate by myself , just providig a viewpoint of US foreign policy that might be difficult to see if you are an American.

Quote:Muslims have no right to kill peaceful people , the same way the USA has no right to kill innocent civilians but still does in the name of "the war of terror".
The US killed tens of thousands of Japanese civilians in WW2. Would that have happened if the bombing of Pearl Harbor never took place?

How is that any different than acts like 9/11? There are many other examples that actually go back centuries. Muslims have been barbarians since the dawn of history. The Romans had a slim chance of wiping out the disease that is islam about 860 AD.

The cancer of civilization that is islam has been doing the same thing throughout recorded history. I hope you are grounded enough to agree with that fact.

And based on that fact, what is the US supposed to do? Just ignore the slaughter of it's peaceful civilians? I understand your point that peaceful civilians have been killed in US raids, but the clear, undisputed difference is that the US didn't specifically target those people. Islam terrorists DO specifically target innocent civilians. And therein lies the difference.

Quote:Join in if you want.

This isn't a winnable debate by myself , just providig a viewpoint of US foreign policy that might be difficult to see if you are an American.
There are people in the Middle East that hate us because we are infidels and they want to kill us, and they want to kill your people too. The US is a specific target and it doesn't matter the why of it now because that ship sailed before we were a thought in our parent's minds. What matters is we have to protect ourselves. Do I agree with how it's done? Not always but I would rather keep the fight over there than have them bring it here. Actually I wish they would all just do each other in and leave us alone but that won't happen.

That's as much as I want to get into it because it is an unwinnable situation and debate.

Quote:I understand your point that peaceful civilians have been killed in US raids, but the clear, undisputed difference is that the US didn't specifically target those people. Islam terrorists DO specifically target innocent civilians. And therein lies the difference.
That's pretty much it. 

Quote:The US killed tens of thousands of Japanese civilians in WW2. Would that have happened if the bombing of Pearl Harbor never took place?

How is that any different than acts like 9/11? There are many other examples that actually go back centuries. Muslims have been barbarians since the dawn of history. The Romans had a slim chance of wiping out the disease that is islam about 860 AD.

The cancer of civilization that is islam has been doing the same thing throughout recorded history. I hope you are grounded enough to agree with that fact.

And based on that fact, what is the US supposed to do? Just ignore the slaughter of it's peaceful civilians? I understand your point that peaceful civilians have been killed in US raids, but the clear, undisputed difference is that the US didn't specifically target those people. Islam terrorists DO specifically target innocent civilians. And therein lies the difference.

Not going to argue about Muslims and the middle east , they have been at near constant war for thousands of years.

Yes that's all well and good but fighting terrorism isn't the only reason the USA is in the middle east and its not why America plays puppet master around the globe.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 07:47 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:There are people in the Middle East that hate us because we are infidels and they want to kill us, and they want to kill your people too. The US is a specific target and it doesn't matter the why of it now because that ship sailed before we were a thought in our parent's minds. What matters is we have to protect ourselves. Do I agree with how it's done? Not always but I would rather keep the fight over there than have them bring it here. Actually I wish they would all just do each other in and leave us alone but that won't happen.

That's as much as I want to get into it because it is an unwinnable situation and debate.

That's pretty much it.
That would be fair if all you guys were doing in the middle east was fighting terrorists to make the world safer, but that's not the only the only reason you guys are in the middle east. You are there for power, money, oil etc etc.

Quote:Not going to argue about Muslims and the middle east , they have been at near constant war for thousands of years.

Yes that's all well and good but fighting terrorism isn't the only reason the USA is in the middle east and its not why America plays puppet master around the globe.
Can you elaborate upon the pre 9/11 presence of the US in those countries? Last I checked, there were embassies and minimal forces in place, mainly to protect those embassies.

How is that playing puppet master? That is an arrangement that most countries have with one another all over the world.

The US has an embassy even in Ireland. The US deploys forces there as well. Are you in fear of the US military killing you or your loved ones or neighbors?