Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Republican circus continues with Betsy DeVos showing how little she knows about Education

Quote:So does anyone actually think she's qualified for the position?

All I see are people attacking each other rather than answer the simple question.

She's more than qualified.

More qualified for her appointment than 0bama was to the Presidency.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And an educated populace is one of the pillars of a strong democracy. I graduated from the 3rd ranked school in the nation. Paxon SAS...It was second only to Stanton in Jacksonville. Both were public schools. Don't tell me it can't work.

You're proof of it's failure, given your "wisdom" and "intellect."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:You're proof of it's failure, given your "wisdom" and "intellect."

Harsh, lol. There are always outliers. You are the exception, not the rule, Snake. Those who have a natural intelligence will succeed in any environment. That is the issue with federal regulations such as Common Core. The gifted are forced down, and the not-so-gifted are forced up. The Japanese and Finnish school systems recognize this and tailor their education to the students. The US doesn't.

To answer the question of whether or not she's qualified, look at her qualifications and background.  Liberals don't like her because she's white, comes from a wealthy family and is highly successful.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:To answer the question of whether or not she's qualified, look at her qualifications and background.  Liberals don't like her because she's white, comes from a wealthy family and is highly successful.
No. That's not why.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 04:56 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:To answer the question of whether or not she's qualified, look at her qualifications and background.  Liberals don't like her because she's white, comes from a wealthy family and is highly successful.
Liberals don't like her because her strongest desire is to have our school systems turn into a church indoctrination program. For all your idiotic ranting against "indoctrination" one would think you would be against this simply for consistency sake but then again you and the majority of the right have been on a roll displaying your appalling levels of hypocrisy as of late regarding nearly ever facet of the trump transition. 

Quote:No. That's not why.

So why is it then?

Quote:Liberals don't like her because her strongest desire is to have our school systems turn into a church indoctrination program. For all your idiotic ranting against "indoctrination" one would think you would be against this simply for consistency sake but then again you and the majority of the right have been on a roll displaying your appalling levels of hypocrisy as of late regarding nearly ever facet of the trump transition. 

Care to show or cite evidence of that?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Well I teach in a public school....One of the best on the east coast so I guess we don't hold the same value in public education.

Unless I'm mistaken, she feels that it should be up to the states whether guns should be allowed in schools? Because of grizzlies?

At the very worst it's a state issue. Personally I think the right answer is found in that pesky 2nd Amendment.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 05:03 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:She's more than qualified.

More qualified for her appointment than 0bama was to the Presidency.
That's a got damn lie.

Quote:That's a got damn lie.

Triggered
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:That's a got damn lie.

Not really.

Quote:Whoa there NSA. Getting a bit personal here? I'll share some information, though.

Engineer, a lot, home school, graduate.

What about you? What do you do to that gives yourself a qualified opinion?

Why do you home school them?

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kotite" data-cid="948890" data-time="1484768243">

She's never attended or put her kids in public schools. Not an argument.

How can she claim to know the challenges or assess the potential solutions in public schools? Research and experience working with those who do.

She's never had a student loan or had her kids responsible for a student loan. She is supposed to know how to fix a predatory student loan program? Research and experience working with those who do.

She is oblivious to the ideological debates the education community has been having on how to best improve our schools. Oblivious that these debates have been even taking place. Grossly unqualified. Not an argument.

Her background and backers lead me to believe she would attempt to advance religious doctrine in the general curriculum. That in and of itself is a disqualifier for me. Her utter lack of experience in the field should be obvious to anyone who is looking. Not an argument.
</blockquote>

I want to work the grill at McDonalds.

I don't have experience, but I've researched and have experience working with people who have.

Oh. Okay. You're qualified.

Now imagine this is a position more important than working the grill at McDonalds.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Whoa there NSA. Getting a bit personal here? I'll share some information, though.

Engineer, a lot, home school, graduate.

What about you? What do you do to that gives yourself a qualified opinion?
I'm curious. How can your kids get into college or earn a college degree if you home school them?

That's not a dig. I'm genuinely curious.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 05:30 PM by jaglyn.)

Quote:Is it partisan to say she is unqualified and has zero experience dealing with issues related to education?

Ok she's unqualified, but it wouldn't be the first time it would happen lol

Quote:Sort of like Barack back in '08?
Or Trump this year.

Quote:Why do you home school them?

Public education in my area does not meet my standards.

Quote:I'm curious. How can your kids get into college or earn a college degree if you home school them?

That's not a dig. I'm genuinely curious.

Home school degrees are equal to high school degrees. The overwhelming majority of colleges and universities will accept them equally.

Quote:Triggered

There's quite a few.

Quote:I want to work the grill at McDonalds.

I don't have experience, but I've researched and have experience working with people who have.

Oh. Okay. You're qualified.

Now imagine this is a position more important than working the grill at McDonalds.

This is a pretty terrible analogy. McDonalds will hire the totally inexperienced to work the grills. Kids who can't even count change in high school are hired to work the grills in fast food.

The executive leader of education in the US is not in any way, shape, or form equal to the technical task of flipping a hamburger. You cherry picked a few examples where she didn't meet your standard, but in potentially thousands of other areas she either meets or exceeds the requirements. She has a long record of experience researching and passing legislation in regards to public education.