Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Everyday this franchise employs Gus Bradley as HC, it's another wasted day.

Quote:No one is suggesting abandoning the "plan." But is it asking too much to expect an improvement over the worst start in Jags history? Is it too much to expect coaching to actually improve the players over the course of a season?

This thread is about coaching. Shouldn't the team be more prepared? Shouldn't Dez Bryant be double covered with 31 seconds left in the half? Shouldn't we expect the ST to not have 3 blocked FG and two blocked punts at this point? I'm not even asking for a return for a TD, just basic competence. Every team uses rookies and backups on ST, so the youth of the team is not an excuse in this case.
This team is "improving"?

If we don't win 3 of our last 6.... We have a worse record than last year. With games against the Giants Ravens Colts Houston 2x and the Titans.... That's not looking so good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This team is "improving"?

If we don't win 3 of our last 6.... We have a worse record than last year. With games against the Giants Ravens Colts Houston 2x and the Titans.... That's not looking so good.

I said this last week and got beat down by the folks here who are drunk on teal kool aid lol

Quote:I said this last week and got beat down by the folks here who are drunk on teal kool aid lol

I also love the people who say "the wins will come".... That's my favorite.

Quote:A Kobe steak?

Joeckel and Cyp are busts...help me out?

Joeckel and Cyp aren't Pro Bowl material, but they were reasonable picks in a weak draft. Gratz and Sanders are in the same boat. Caldwell also got Denard Robinson and McCray out of that draft. And as someone else informed me, he was stuck with Gene Smith's scouting staff in 2013. As far as I can see, Caldwell had a great draft in 2014 with a revamped scouting staff.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Joeckel and Cyp aren't Pro Bowl material, but they were reasonable picks in a weak draft. Gratz and Sanders are in the same boat. Caldwell also got Denard Robinson and McCray out of that draft. And as someone else informed me, he was stuck with Gene Smith's scouting staff in 2013. As far as I can see, Caldwell had a great draft in 2014 with a revamped scouting staff.

He actually chose to keep the scouting staff.  I'm not dismissing some late round picks developing.  But you find your core players and future Pro-Bowlers in the first round. 

At this point, the odds are not looking good for Joeckel and Cyp as they are not showing signs of being future core players.

Quote:Process? It's a process.

So is the growth of mold on stale bread.

There was supposed to be improvement. There is none.

The hope and change Khan gave us is..... A slow process.

An interview with some Brit fans ... Asked what they thought of their " adopted home team"

One said..Wot? Those wankers?

Ouch.

lol, the Jacksonville Wankers, or JW for short.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

That would be correct...Are we improving? Well let's see...The DL has more sacks this year than they have had in years, we no longer have revolving players at center, we have a real qb who can move the ball much better than any qb we have had since Garrard left, we have a promising RB in DR, our OL are all about the same age, so they should all come into their prime at about the same time and be a formidable force, we seem to have a couple of good recievers developing nicely, a coupld lbs or two are developing nicely...Seems to me that we are doing better than we were last year according to what I just laid out...Last year we couldn't be competitive against a team with a winning record and this year we actually beat one...The W/L ratio may not reflect getting better, but judging by what I laid out, we are in fact in a better place than we were last year

That's my point, the team is not improving. Improvement should be expected, but some here apparently disagree.

Bradley looked like a great coach at the Senior Bowl. So far the Jags appear to be poorly coached. Maybe Gus should coach a college team.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

If we don't win 3 of our last 6.... We have a worse record than last year
. With games against the Giants Ravens Colts Houston 2x and the Titans.... That's not looking so good.
SO? Did you think we were going to the playoffs, or are you one of "those" who believe the only way to judge being better is by the W/L column?

Quote:That would be correct...Are we improving? Well let's see...The DL has more sacks this year than they have had in years, we no longer have revolving players at center, we have a real qb who can move the ball much better than any qb we have had since Garrard left, we have a promising RB in DR, our OL are all about the same age, so they should all come into their prime at about the same time and be a formidable force, we seem to have a couple of good recievers developing nicely, a coupld lbs or two are developing nicely...Seems to me that we are doing better than we were last year according to what I just laid out...Last year we couldn't be competitive against a team with a winning record and this year we actually beat one...The W/L ratio may not reflect getting better, but judging by what I laid out, we are in fact in a better place than we were last year

How dare you use such logic in this snake pit. It's game day, we only complain and call for the management to be fired on game day.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Same gameday, same story. The team said it was going to gut the roster and start over. The same thing has been happening and hasn't changed  for a season and a half now. It is still as far through the rebuild as the owner, GM, and coaches said it would be.

Sometimes you have to be smart enough to listen to what really smart people say to you, and actually remember it. If you thought that a bunch of rookies were going to come in and beat the world,  you weren't listening to begin with.

Sucks for you...
BINGO! The very same rookies should all come into their prime at the same time, and will have been playing together for awhile...That's a very good thing and it's also an improvement from what we have had for years

Quote:SO? Did you think we were going to the playoffs, or are you one of "those" who believe the only way to judge being better is by the W/L column?

Playoffs, who said playoffs?

Nobody and I mean nobody should even mention the word playoffs and Jags in the same sentence.

btw, what is the opposite of playoffs?

Quote:How dare you use such logic in this snake pit. It's game day, we only complain and call for the management to be fired on game day.
well [BLEEP]...my bad

Quote:Playoffs, who said playoffs?

Nobody and I mean nobody should even mention the word playoffs and Jags in the same sentence.

btw, what is the opposite of playoffs?
ok then you must be one of those who believe the only way to see any improvement is by the W/L record

Quote:ok then you must be one of those who believe the only way to see any improvement is by the W/L record

The biggest issue I think most here have is knowing that this coaching staff is horrible!  I just hope Khan/Caldwell replace them.

Quote:SO? Did you think we were going to the playoffs, or are you one of "those" who believe the only way to judge being better is by the W/L column?

OK, OK, this current 1-9 team is much better then last years team when it was 1-9.

Now let me remind you that last years WORSE 1-9 team, went on to win 3 games in a row at this point, and that was with Henne at QB.

I will be the first to say, winning 3 games in a row, "that's not going to happen this year", even though some of us believe that this team is better then last years team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...x/2013.htm

Quote:The biggest issue I think most here have is knowing that this coaching staff is horrible!  I just hope Khan/Caldwell replace them.
and then start all over with a new coaching staff and system...that will set them back again...let the plan play out and then take a look at what needs changed...we don't want to be switching coaches and systems every couple years...it takes that long just to get players to learn a new system and when they didn't have it down perfect in a year people would be wanting the coaches to fire them and never get anything going

Quote: OK, OK, this current 1-9 team is much better then last years team when it was 1-9.

Now let me remind you that last years WORSE 1-9 team, went on to win 3 games in a row at this point, and that was with Henne at QB.

I will be the first to say, winning 3 games in a row, "that's not going to happen this year", even though some of us believe that this team is better then last years team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...x/2013.htm
Now look at who they played last year when they were at this point and look who they are playing this year...This year they are playing better teams

Quote:ok then you must be one of those who believe the only way to see any improvement is by the W/L record

I AM going to have a hard time understanding how a 1-15, 2-14 team, is better then a 4-12 team.

I might need that one explained to me.

Quote: I AM going to have a hard time understanding how a 1-15, 2-14 team, is better then a 4-12 team.

I might need that one explained to me.
The fact that Gus was able to squeeze 4 wins out of a gutted roster AND trotting out Gabbert and Henne as starting QBs might be a real testament of good a coach he really is.
Jaguars Fundamentalist