Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is sanders still on the roster?

Quote:This is where I disagree. He is not a threat to bring it to the house. He's never brought one there, so he doesn't threaten anyone.
He was pretty close on one of his returns yesterday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMO, I'd say he's till on the roster the same reason we kept DRob around.  kind of just waiting to see if he has anything to offer.  my guess is he will be kept around until preseason next year, if he doesnt show vast imporvement he will be gone.

All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

Quote:Same reason Cyp is...Caldwell is not a good GM.
It must suck to know nothing about your favorite team.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:It must suck to know nothing about your favorite team.

especially considering you could notice a significant drop off during the Eagles game after Cyp went out, which means, yes, he's good to a degree.  cut the kid some slack, he jumped up to make a big play and slammed the back of his head on the ground and got knocked out..he's probably a little scared.  its okay to be a human being and have sympathy towards someone.  give him another off season and pre-season and come this time next year if he isnt a better player with some better DB and FS play around him, then lets talk about shipping him off.

Edit:  this is a reply to JeremyNFL, I meant to multiquote

All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

Quote:He was pretty close on one of his returns yesterday.
yeah and had one last year that was called back for a bogus penalty

he has ability but has struggled with consistency

Quote:So this thread was created after he made one mistake all year? Lol. Im going to quit this message board. Out of all the repeat offenders on this team, you now want to get rid of him? Lol. And, you want to release him for the coaching staff not using him correctly?

Yall are too funny.
You always say something on the lines of quiting this board but pop back up. Do you want someone to beg you stay? Either stop telling that lie or haul [BLEEP]. Quit pump faking.

Quote:that was the 2nd muffed punt, the first one he got lucky because there was a flag on the play

Didn't he have one returned for a TD last year called back?  I mean if we are counting ones with flags and all.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

We haven't done any of those reverses where Ace does his ninja vanish behind the taller OL

Quote:Didn't he have one returned for a TD last year called back?  I mean if we are counting ones with flags and all.
Yeah, I posted that as well. He does have ability, he just seems to hesitate too much. After the muff last Sunday, he seems to have more of a sense of urgency getting north/south.

It wouldn't make sense to cut him now IMO but unless he shows something over the next few games, he's gonna have a tough time making the roster next year.

Quote:Yeah, I posted that as well. He does have ability, he just seems to hesitate too much. After the muff last Sunday, he seems to have more of a sense of urgency getting north/south.

It wouldn't make sense to cut him now IMO but unless he shows something over the next few games, he's gonna have a tough time making the roster next year.

Realizing your ability is what professionals do.  I agree with most of what you said, including keeping him for the next few games.  

I just see a general decline from his first year, he is def already on next years roster bubble.  I do admit I was very high on Sanders (ha) going into this season.  I though he could equal or better his reception and yards total.

Quote:Realizing your ability is what professionals do. I agree with most of what you said, including keeping him for the next few games.

I just see a general decline from his first year, he is def already on next years roster bubble. I do admit I was very high on Sanders (ha) going into this season. I though he could equal or better his reception and yards total.

Hard to do when you miss most of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season.

But lets be honest, even if he was available he wasn't going to get much playing time when you have 2 highly invested WRs taken in the same draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

ARob to IR = Sanders is going no where.

Yeah.. a 2nd year player with special speed who had 51 receptions last year isn't worth keeping on the roster. LOL.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Yeah.. a 2nd year player with special speed who had 51 receptions last year isn't worth keeping on the roster. LOL.

His speed is something less than "special", thats why they signed Doss.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:His speed is something less than "special", thats why they signed Doss.
No, his speed is special. That's why he was drafted.

Doss was signed for depth. They also knew at the time Ace would be serving a 4-game suspension.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:No, his speed is special. That's why he was drafted.

Doss was signed for depth. They also knew at the time Ace would be serving a 4-game suspension.

On what planet does ace have special speed?

This Timmy guy is completely clueless.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He needs to be used creatively. Something Fisch has so far shown he is incapable of doing. Get him in space in 1v1 situations maybe 3-4 times a game. Just because he cant be a #1-3 WR doesnt mean he should be cut. He has his uses. 

Quote:He needs to be used creatively. Something Fisch has so far shown he is incapable of doing. Get him in space in 1v1 situations maybe 3-4 times a game. Just because he cant be a #1-3 WR doesnt mean he should be cut. He has his uses.

Agreed. He was pretty useful on gaining big yardage on crossing routes and swing passes out of the backfield last year. If we are going to call multiple screens per game I would much rather have Ace catching the ball vs Gerhart. People really seem to forget how good Ace played last season. Here's a quick reminder.

[Media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpSsnWdF...ata_player[/media]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Agreed. He was pretty useful on gaining big yardage on crossing routes and swing passes out of the backfield last year. If we are going to call multiple screens per game I would much rather have Ace catching the ball vs Gerhart. People really seem to forget how good Ace played last season. Here's a quick reminder.

[Media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpSsnWdF...ata_player[/media]

My favorite part is how every one of those highlights either are less than 20 yards or end with Sanders getting tackled at the end... Rolleyes

He's got good short area quickness, but he doesn't have the speed to take advantage of that to a significant degree.

Quote:My favorite part is how every one of those highlights either are less than 20 yards or end with Sanders getting tackled at the end... Rolleyes

He's got good short area quickness, but he doesn't have the speed to take advantage of that to a significant degree.

You don't have to have 4.3 speed to be a decent 4th WR on the depth chart and a gimmick player.