Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How hard is it to make a new messageboard?

Quote:What you think now?
dude you are the man

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 05:16 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Nice, joined.

Are you able to add an all sports lobby, so we can add threads about soccer and WWE etc? Also a social lobby much like this one?

Nice work so far.. I hope plenty of people join!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Nice, joined.

Are you able to add an all sports lobby, so we can add threads about soccer and WWE etc? Also a social lobby much like this one?

Yea, I can definitely add more sections. I'm holding off on doing a lot of mods because it looks like TFB and the others have been able to lock something down to save our info from here. I like the way it looks so far and I think we could make it look and feel great. But ultimately, our history here needs to be the priority and I can't pull our info from here onto that site (not that I know of). So we'll see what happens and go from there. I appreciate the like of the look though. I tried to add more of our colors. Smile
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote: 

What you think now?

Not bad.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Yea, I can definitely add more sections. I'm holding off on doing a lot of mods because it looks like TFB and the others have been able to lock something down to save our info from here. I like the way it looks so far and I think we could make it look and feel great. But ultimately, our history here needs to be the priority and I can't pull our info from here onto that site (not that I know of). So we'll see what happens and go from there. I appreciate the like of the look though. I tried to add more of our colors. Smile

As far as migrating things, it's a bit complicated...  Also, the "look and feel" is a very small part of it.  Technically speaking, it needs to be hosted somewhere that has SQL capability and needs to be "independent" of a "free" web-hosting site.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:As far as migrating things, it's a bit complicated...  Also, the "look and feel" is a very small part of it.  Technically speaking, it needs to be hosted somewhere that has SQL capability and needs to be "independent" of a "free" web-hosting site.

In the most idiot terms possible, are you able to explain what 'SQL' is?

I'm not very techologically minded..

Quote:In the most idiot terms possible, are you able to explain what 'SQL' is?

It's something that wants to [BLEEP] you from getting on a message board!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:It's something that wants to [BAD WORD REMOVED] you from getting on a message board!!

Understood.

Uh? Duh. I thought you folks had good schools over there. :woot:

<b>SQL</b> (/ˈɛs kjuː ˈɛl/ or/ˈsiːkwəl/, Structured Query Language) is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS).

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

SQL is database software.  It's what keeps all of the "information" regarding an application such as a message board.  That database knows your username, your password, keeps track of posts, post counts, etc.  It's also what tells the message board software which posts are "new" or which posts have been "un-read" for each unique user.  Essentially, it's kind of the "backbone" of a message board.

The message board software just presents the information to users such as yourself in a "pretty" way by getting the information from the SQL database.

Is that both geeky enough and in "idiot terms" enough for you to understand?

Quote:Uh? Duh. I thought you folks had good schools over there. :woot:

<b>SQL</b> (/ˈɛs kjuː ˈɛl/ or/ˈsiːkwəl/, Structured Query Language) is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS).

I never knew it as school in my time, it was called 'detention'...

I saw that definition and after reading it, I understood it less..

Quote:SQL is database software.  It's what keeps all of the "information" regarding an application such as a message board.  That database knows your username, your password, keeps track of posts, post counts, etc.  It's also what tells the message board software which posts are "new" or which posts have been "un-read" for each unique user.  Essentially, it's kind of the "backbone" of a message board.

The message board software just presents the information to users such as yourself in a "pretty" way by getting the information from the SQL database.

Is that both geeky enough and in "idiot terms" enough for you to understand?

My brain just about worked that out, thanks!

Quote:I never knew it as school in my time, it was called 'detention'...

I saw that definition and after reading it, I understood it less..

My brain just about worked that out, thanks!

LOL.  I can't believe that it was difficult for me to explain what SQL was in "idiot terms" to use your phrase.

Quote:LOL.  I can't believe that it was difficult for me to explain what SQL was in "idiot terms" to use your phrase.

Haha anything technological I have to have explained to me in idiots terms.

I'm not a technophone per se, but I'm not great with the technical jargon. My 6 year old son is probably more conversant in it than I am.

Quote:Haha anything technological I have to have explained to me in idiots terms.

I'm not a technophone per se, but I'm not great with the technical jargon. My 6 year old son is probably more conversant in it than I am.

No worries.  Even in my current job I have bosses and supervisors ask me "what was wrong?" after I fixed a problem.  When I tell them they often then ask me "O.K., but in simple terms, what was wrong?".  When "technical stuff" is second nature to you, it's hard to explain it to somebody that's "non-technical".

Quote:No worries.  Even in my current job I have bosses and supervisors ask me "what was wrong?" after I fixed a problem.  When I tell them they often then ask me "O.K., but in simple terms, what was wrong?".  When "technical stuff" is second nature to you, it's hard to explain it to somebody that's "non-technical".

Absolutely.. medical jargon and terminology is second nature to me.. I'm good with that!

I can combat a patients virus, but I'm screwed if my computer gets one...

Quote:Nice, joined.

I joined as well. I timed it, and it took me 1 minute and 43 seconds.

GUYS - I KNOW FBT IS WORKING ON SOMETHING BUT FOR NOW, GO OVER TO THIS GUY'S SITE SO WE DON'T LOSE TOUCH. Just encase FBT plans fall through.

I started a roll call thread.

Quote:What you think now?

Great job man! Way to step up! Already signed up at the new place.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote: 

What you think now?
To me, the only thing the board lacks is posters.

Functionally, it's as close to this board as it could get, absent transferring the entire board like FBT and company are trying to do.

As my posts indicate, I think your board should be given a chance by the regulars here, even assuming FBT and company should get the new board up and running.

Well done.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Wingers black book. :woot:

[Image: mugs_1467947958969_7275444_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg]

Oh Gosh! I hope Winger didn't ding her. Pass on the gas, grass or anything else. Lest u hook up with skinny Oprah in the lower right. Or that thing in the middle, with a slight resemblence to E.T.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Oh Gosh! I hope Winger didn't ding her. Pass on the gas, grass or anything else. Lest u hook up with skinny Oprah in the lower right. Or that thing in the middle, with a slight resemblence to E.T.

Is hooker E.T even a woman?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???