Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colvin's Debut...

Quote:Realizing we don't have enough talent on this roster to "win" a lot of games "now" doesn't equate to being "content."
And whose responsibility is it to put talent on the field? You dont see it you guys said and believed the same thing last year..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And whose responsibility is it to put talent on the field? You dont see it you guys said and believed the same thing last year..

It's true, we didn't have a lot of talent last year, either.

Unlike bottom teams that do have talent (which we aren't, as bounce back teams like Chiefs were with several Pro Bowlers) there's no quick turnaround to winning.

If it upsets you that much, quit watching.  Desiring (hoping) that things will change just because you want it to, doesn't mean it's going to happen based on your hopes alone.

We've added talent.  Several positions are improved, especially the most important position on the field.  That in itself is enough to be encouraged by.  Aikman didn't win a single game his rookie season.  By the end of his career, it didn't matter (except for the shots he took that year, which did cut his career short.)

But the work isn't over.

Not unless you mistakenly thought Blake was going to solve the running game, holes at linebacker, and our porous secondary all on his own.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 08:23 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:It's true, we didn't have a lot of talent last year, either.

Unlike bottom teams that do have talent (which we aren't, as bounce back teams like Chiefs were with several Pro Bowlers) there's no quick turnaround to winning.

If it upsets you that much, quit watching. Desiring (hoping) that things will change just because you want it to, doesn't mean it's going to happen based on your hopes alone.

We've added talent. Several positions are improved, especially the most important position on the field. That in itself is enough to be encouraged by. Aikman didn't win a single game his rookie season. By the end of his career, it didn't matter (except for the shots he took that year, which did cut his career short.)

But the work isn't over.

Not unless you mistakenly thought Blake was going to solve the running game, holes at linebacker, and our porous secondary all on his own.
You might as well say the year before and the year before too. Every year its the talent on the field excuse. Smh, I watch all the games even when im upset cuz thats what real fans do.. Theres nothing wrong with your optimism just dont use it as a validation to why the teams is playing bad. Because players dont coach the team or pick the players.

I think he will play like a rookie next year with a lot of mistakes that we are seeing out of our young guys this year.  I wouldn't expect much out of him for a year or two, especially with the knee issues.  Don't expect to much from him to soon or you will just be disappointed.  I feel like that's the probably with some of the jags fans.

Quote:I think he will play like a rookie next year with a lot of mistakes that we are seeing out of our young guys this year.  I wouldn't expect much out of him for a year or two, especially with the knee issues.  Don't expect to much from him to soon or you will just be disappointed.  I feel like that's the probably with some of the jags fans.

We've been pretty bad. I don't know how anyone could expect much from the team at this juncture. Fan base is numb to it at this point.

No pain, no gain.

Yea I'm not crowning Colvin yet. I'll wait till I see it on the field. We don't even know if he's better then what we currently have. None of our CBs have been ''studs''. They either have struggled(Gratz & Blackmon) or average(Ball & McCray). So I hope Colvin is this Goat most are hyping him up to be.

Quote:Since when has McCray "won" a spot permanently as starter?

LOL

Since Gus said that McCray would get starting reps over Gratz when Gratz was taken out of the concussion program.  It held that way last week too.  Gratz saw less than half the reps that McCray did.

Quote:Yea I'm not crowning Colvin yet. I'll wait till I see it on the field. We don't even know if he's better then what we currently have. None of our CBs have been ''studs''. They either have struggled(Gratz & Blackmon) or average(Ball & McCray). So I hope Colvin is this Goat most are hyping him up to be.

Colvin has an advantage in that when he started playing at Oklahoma, he first started at safety then moved to corner.  He's lengthy and aggressive at the line of scrimmage.  He's not the kind of guy to let his WR get a clean break off the line of scrimmage.  He'll throw off route timing.

What he lacked was the deep speed to recover if a WR got a step on him.  Basically he's the perfect type of corner for the system Gus wants to run because he has the length and aggressiveness they want at the LOS.  Plus him not having that deep speed shouldn't be too big of an issue if Evans keeps improving like he has the last two weeks.

He seemed to be getting high praise at the SR bowl before getting hurt so any addition will be nice.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:We've been pretty bad. I don't know how anyone could expect much from the team at this juncture. Fan base is numb to it at this point.

Pretty much.  I can't speak for everyone, but my attitude has changed to: surprise me.

Bortles has.  Can't say the same about anyone else.

I don't see any usefulness at being mad or upset at anyone.  If you aren't good, you aren't good.  Players will be replaced (just like Henne with Bortles) and the team will get better in time.

Angriest fan doesn't equal best, biggest, or even most passionate fan.  It just means you're a fan who puts far too much energy into unproductive, fruitless exercises.

Quote:Colvin has an advantage in that when he started playing at Oklahoma, he first started at safety then moved to corner.  He's lengthy and aggressive at the line of scrimmage.  He's not the kind of guy to let his WR get a clean break off the line of scrimmage.  He'll throw off route timing.

What he lacked was the deep speed to recover if a WR got a step on him.  Basically he's the perfect type of corner for the system Gus wants to run because he has the length and aggressiveness they want at the LOS.  Plus him not having that deep speed shouldn't be too big of an issue if Evans keeps improving like he has the last two weeks.

Agree re: Colvin, but I'm still not sold on Evans.  He needs competition or to be upgraded.  He lost his job to a Guy we ended up cutting.  Oof.  If he's got room to grow, he needs to grow up fast or he'll be unseated as starter again.

"Porous" is the new cool word.

Huh

Quote:Since Gus said that McCray would get starting reps over Gratz when Gratz was taken out of the concussion program.  It held that way last week too.  Gratz saw less than half the reps that McCray did.

The point is, they're both expendable/replaceable.  Just like when Alualu "won" the LDE spot.

Key word missed: permanently.  He could easily be upgraded in the offseason, and probably will.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The point is, they're both expendable/replaceable.  Just like when Alualu "won" the LDE spot.

Key word missed: permanently.  He could easily be upgraded in the offseason, and probably will.

You're really trying to compare Alulalu winning the LDE spot to McCray winning this gig over Gratz??? 

lolz.....

<i>s-------------t--------------r-------------e------------------t-------------c------------------h</i>

<i> Laughing </i>

<i>McCray is a very good young CB on the ascension. </i>

<i>Alualu is a player that has plateaued but happened to be the best of a weaker lot. </i>

Quote:Agree re: Colvin, but I'm still not sold on Evans.  He needs competition or to be upgraded.  He lost his job to a Guy we ended up cutting.  Oof.  If he's got room to grow, he needs to grow up fast or he'll be unseated as starter again.

Of course you're not sold on him.  He's only shown improvement the last couple of games.  But he was a late round draft pick from last year.  There's nobody else unless you want to go with a UDFA from our practice squad.  Give him some time.  The defense has played well enough as a whole to win the last two games anyway.

I want to so Colvin play but I dont want to rush him either, given if hes healthy then well hes healthy. His injuries scare me since it was pretty major. Hopefully he comes back stronger than ever.

Quote:Colvin and Telvin Smith should really improve this defense next year.

Like most people are saying, 2015 for us is starting to look really good.

Too bad our DBs can't cover TEs

Since Mcray has started he's been the best cb on the field. He showed he can play in his rookie year in preseason and they hid him on the roster so he can grow more. Now Gratz has slipped and he's taking his opportunity and shinning with it. Blackmon is a liability out there and needs to get off the field. I think Colvin can come in and replace him at that spot the rest of the year and possibly move up the next season if he's about something.

Quote:You're really trying to compare Alulalu winning the LDE spot to McCray winning this gig over Gratz???

lolz.....

s-------------t--------------r-------------e------------------t-------------c------------------h

Laughing

McCray is a very good young CB on the ascension.

Alualu is a player that has plateaued but happened to be the best of a weaker lot.

Alualu is competing for the worst player on the team. He brings ZERO to the table.

McCray at least has talent.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 02:16 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:<i>McCray is a very good young CB on the ascension. </i>

<i>Alualu is a player that has plateaued but happened to be the best of a weaker lot. </i>

It's exactly the same.  The best of the worst, who can easily be replaced and likely will sooner than later.

What a fool such as yourself believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away.

McCray is nothing better than just OK.  This is nothing more than your empty assertion that this team is full of Pro Bowlers that the coaches are holding back.

All rooted in your psychological disorder, that you still blame your high school coach for not making a star TE out of you.