Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Deadline quickly approaching

Quote:Is there any reason why he isn't getting any play time in Baltimore?

He's a better fit for a 43 than a 34 I think.

Plus. I think he just got outplayed by better players. Smith, Upshaw, Dumervile, Suggs, and Mosley is pretty formidable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, Bortles probably has some trade value, but I really hope we don't trade him.  Though I know some idiots would want to.  Especially one idiot poster who is no longer on this board.

Bortles is obviously not tradable from the team's perspective. I wasn't counting him.

So should we be looking to shop Shorts now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So should we be looking to shop Shorts now?

I would, but not willing to give him away for anything lower than a 3rd rounder. 

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 05:54 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I would, but not willing to give him away for anything lower than a 3rd rounder.

Do you think we are going to resign him at that 37 mill price tag? If not why not get something for him while we still can? A few games without Shorts isn't going to hamper Bortles progress, especially considering I have serious doubts he'll be able to finish the season healthy. If someone offers a 5th or 6th round pick for a WR who will only be here for 10 more weeks I'm jumping all over it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Do you think we are going to resign him at that 37 mill price tag? If not why not get something for him while we still can? A few games without Shorts isn't going to hamper Bortles progress, especially considering I have serious doubts he'll be able to finish the season healthy.

Because if you can't at least get a 3rd rounder for him, I'd rather just keep him as a solid weapon for Bortles rookie year, He'd be more valuable to us here than giving him away for peanuts. 

As said, there is a price that  I'd be willing to trade Shorts for....but not below it. 

Quote:Because if you can't at least get a 3rd rounder for him, I'd rather just keep him as a solid weapon for Bortles rookie year, He'd be more valuable to us here than giving him away for peanuts.

As said, there is a price that I'd be willing to move Shorts for....but not below it.

How valuable is a WR who by historical accounts can't finish a season? If a deal is offered I'm taking it. A few weeks isn't going to hurt Bortles development. 37 million is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:Because if you can't at least get a 3rd rounder for him, I'd rather just keep him as a solid weapon for Bortles rookie year, He'd be more valuable to us here than giving him away for peanuts. 

As said, there is a price that  I'd be willing to trade Shorts for....but not below it. 
Well no one is trading away a 3rd for an injury prone, average WR so please, don't get your panties all in a wad when it doesn't happen.

Marcedes is still an option to trade. There isn't much drop off with Harbor playing. I just don't know who would need him at this point especially with him recovering from his injury. But if someone offered me a sixth for him I would take it.

I've got a great trade idea.

Trade our:

1st and 2nd for the cowboys roster and coach. I think that'll work

Quote:Marcedes is still an option to trade. There isn't much drop off with Harbor playing. I just don't know who would need him at this point especially with him recovering from his injury. But if someone offered me a sixth for him I would take it.

No one is trading for an injured player. 

Too many fantasy/Madden players on this forum.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I've got a great trade idea.

Trade our:

Boys fans have wanted Garrett canned for years.  Should be a lesson in patience, but it won't be.

Quote:I've got a great trade idea.

Trade our:

There's a good possibility that the Jaguars Oline will be every bit as good as the Cowboys with another season. If Bortles is better than Romo then this team could easily best Dallas in another year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 07:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Boys fans have wanted Garrett canned for years.  Should be a lesson in patience, but it won't be.

Why????? Because they are 5-1 right now?? They still won't win [BAD WORD REMOVED]. They'll win MAYBE one playoff game (if that) and be bounced. 

Jason Garrett is a terrible NFL head coach and will never win a SB. 

Cowboys fans that want Garrett fired are smart. Much smarter than the Jags fans who continue to defend a terrible Gus Badly. 

Quote:There's a good possibility that the Jaguars Oline will be every bit as good as the Cowboys with another season. If Bortles is better than Romo then this team could easily best Dallas in another year.

The Jags OL personnel isn't the problem, its the [BLEEP] scheme. 

Quote:The Jags OL personnel isn't the problem, its the [BAD WORD REMOVED] scheme. 

Maybe the scheme will work when they've worked together longer. Maybe they need more experience together to make it work. I'd say we'll know by the end of the year which direction we should go in the offseason, but I think we have the right personnel, they're just a bit green yet.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Why????? Because they are 5-1 right now?? They still won't win [BAD WORD REMOVED]. They'll win MAYBE one playoff game (if that) and be bounced. 

Jason Garrett is a terrible NFL head coach and will never win a SB. 

Cowboys fans that want Garrett fired are smart. Much smarter than Jags fans that continue to defend a terrible Gus Badly. 
Because you say so?

Quote:There's a good possibility that the Jaguars Oline will be every bit as good as the Cowboys with another season. If Bortles is better than Romo then this team could easily best Dallas in another year.

I hope so, I think bortles has it and can be better than romo. Hopefully that o line can get it together

Quote:Because you say so?

Wait, watch and see.