Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Will Bortles Survive Behind This Line!

Quote:Still waiting.
great comment, my brother.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Like I said, if Bortles is who we said he was, he'd be able to avoid the rush and he did just that.

He's more mobile than Henne, but let's make sure we put this into proper context. The Indianapolis line isn't exactly a juggernaut out there, and they weren't really prepared for Bortles. Let's see how things progress for him as teams start to game plan specifically for him. I think over the long haul he should be fine, but there are going to be some ugly moments along the way. Allowing him time to develop has hurt absolutely nothing here.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:great comment, my brother.

It's clear what the truth is here. You've lied, so now you'll play this deflection game. That's fine. You're exposed for what you are.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lol @ FBT currently backpedaling better than Primetime

lol

every week it will be "but team X's line is the worst"

rinse and repeat

the guy just cant admit that he doesnt know what he doesnt know

Lol!!!!!! @ The just ''trust the staff'' ''but this oline'' and ''we don't wanna Gabbert him'' crowd.

I'm torn because I really don't feel Bortles is stepping into a stable situation. Rookie wideouts and linemen.

But it is nice to see this next era in our franchise unfold.

Quote:lol @ FBT currently backpedaling better than Primetime

lol

rinse and repeat

Quote:Lol!!!!!! @ The just ''trust the staff'' ''but this oline'' and ''we don't wanna Gabbert him'' crowd.
bhahahahahhahahaha

Quote:It's clear what the truth is here. You've lied, so now you'll play this deflection game. That's fine. You're exposed for what you are.

If it's not TMD it's someone else..... Classic

Quote:lol @ FBT currently backpedaling better than Primetime

lol

rinse and repeat

Where am I back pedaling? You've yet to provide a single quote backing this up, liar.

I have nothing to admit to here. You manufactured a viewpoint I never expressed, and now when you're challenged yo back it up, you do what the typical weasel does. You deflect because you can't back it up. One little quote is all you need.

Quote:He's more mobile than Henne, but let's make sure we put this into proper context. The Indianapolis line isn't exactly a juggernaut out there, and they weren't really prepared for Bortles. Let's see how things progress for him as teams start to game plan specifically for him. I think over the long haul he should be fine, but there are going to be some ugly moments along the way. Allowing him time to develop has hurt absolutely nothing here.

I'll admit, I think the best compromise was to let him come in during a blowout and play with what's basically zero pressure to win the game on him.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages the games from here on out when he starts getting starter reps. I don't expect a Big Ben-like performance but I do expect the games to be a bit closer.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

next up on the schedule, the 85 Bears line. 

*Bortles plays well against these guys*

"well, the 85 Bears' line isn't that great to begin with" - FBT

Quote:Where am I back pedaling? You've yet to provide a single quote backing this up, liar.

I have nothing to admit to here. You manufactured a viewpoint I never expressed, and now when you're challenged yo back it up, you do what the typical weasel does. You deflect because you can't back it up. One little quote is all you need.
sheesh, man, no need to turn into thug.

Quote:I'm torn because I really don't feel Bortles is stepping into a stable situation. Rookie wideouts and linemen.

But it is nice to see this next era in our franchise unfold.

He's not stepping into a stable situation, and there should be genuine concern. It's going to be ugly, but it will be a good test to see what we have in Bortles. If he lives up to expectations, great. If he doesn't, the luminaries who dismiss the concerns wil simply declare him a bust.

Quote:I'll admit, I think the best compromise was to let him come in during a blowout and play with what's basically zero pressure to win the game on him.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages the games from here on out when he starts getting starter reps. I don't expect a Big Ben-like performance but I do expect the games to be a bit closer.
Agreed. It was the absolutely perfect opportunity to get him out there. Now it's his offense. Hopefully he responds well.

Quote:He's not stepping into a stable situation, and there should be genuine concern. It's going to be ugly, but it will be a good test to see what we have in Bortles. If he lives up to expectations, great. If he doesn't, the luminaries who dismiss the concerns wil simply declare him a bust.

Dude, what you're saying doesn't even make sense lol.  The kid has pocket pressence far beyond Henne or an average QB.  He'll be fine.

P.S.  Stop using big words trying to sound smarter than others.  It doesn't add to your credibility, or lack of.

Quote:He's not stepping into a stable situation, and there should be genuine concern. It's going to be ugly, but it will be a good test to see what we have in Bortles. If he lives up to expectations, great. If he doesn't, the luminaries who dismiss the concerns wil simply declare him a bust.

Yeah its a shock to me. I hope he has a lot of resolve because he's gonna need it.

Quote:He's more mobile than Henne, but let's make sure we put this into proper context. The Indianapolis line isn't exactly a juggernaut out there, and they weren't really prepared for Bortles. Let's see how things progress for him as teams start to game plan specifically for him. I think over the long haul he should be fine, but there are going to be some ugly moments along the way. Allowing him time to develop has hurt absolutely nothing here.
Agreed completely. I must say though.. even in his worst moments today you can tell he was a gamer and trying to make plays. That almost safety was an impressive play in some sense.

Quote:Dude, what you're saying doesn't even make sense lol.  The kid has pocket pressence far beyond Henne or an average QB.  He'll be fine.

P.S.  Stop using big words trying to sound smarter than others.  It doesn't add to your credibility, or lack of.
he doesnt know what he doesnt know lol

he spits out all the cliches

if i had to guess, i'd think he has never played a sport in his life, or that he's an older gentleman who listens to all the coaches' pressers and claims to know everything about football

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 07:45 PM by JagsFan1.)

Just face it. Y'all and the staff was wrong on the Blake not starting situation. Like I said before. It's either you have it or you don't. I have no concern about Blake playing behind this line or these WRs.