Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 News and Notes

Quote:With secondary banged up, I wonder if we will use several different blitzs with our linebackers. Our front four can get pressure but we may need to try and help out our secondary with extra blitzers

Game plans are based on what the opponent can do. Teams can't base schemes on their injury reports because each player's health status can change from one day to the next.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rejoice!   Rejoice, all ye uniform color advantage people !!!

Quote: 

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/510483191590031360'><span>Sep 12</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">White jerseys and white trousers for <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> Sunday at Redskins.

Isn't the temp going to be only 75 there?

Quote:Isn't the temp going to be only 75 there?

I've had just about enough of your logic.  Plus - it's gonna feel like 77.  77!!

Quote:I've had just about enough of your logic. Plus - it's gonna feel like 77. 77!!
Get out the pickle juice!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Isn't the temp going to be only 75 there?

In the shade. But there's no shade on the field.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We need the black jerseys to heat them up to their normal operating temperature. I'm sure hand warmers and heaters will be supplied in the sidelines.

Quote:Why would you want him to? He is doing good as a cornerback.

He knows the defense, and slot corner is only a part time position. Safety is a position that requires intelligence and my impression is that he's the smartest DB on the team (although I could easily be wrong about that). It used to be standard for teams to move older CBs to safety after they lost a step (e.g. Rod Woodson).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:He knows the defense, and slot corner is only a part time position. Safety is a position that requires intelligence and my impression is that he's the smartest DB on the team (although I could easily be wrong about that). It used to be standard for teams to move older CBs to safety after they lost a step (e.g. Rod Woodson).

Cornerbacks and safeties have different skill sets. The reason some corners switch to safety is they are not good enough anymore, so no, safeties are not the smartest defensive players.

Quote:Cornerbacks and safeties have different skill sets. The reason some corners switch to safety is they are not good enough anymore, so no, safeties are not the smartest defensive players.

I said that safeties need to be smart. That doesn't mean they have to be the smartest. Deon Grant was a great FS, partly because he was very smart.

Free safety is mainly a coverage position, so the skill set is very similar to CB. But if Guy can't move to SS then moving Blackmon to FS wouldn't work. In any case, the Jags went a different direction.

Quote:I said that safeties need to be smart. That doesn't mean they have to be the smartest. Deon Grant was a great FS, partly because he was very smart.

Free safety is mainly a coverage position, so the skill set is very similar to CB. But if Guy can't move to SS then moving Blackmon to FS wouldn't work. In any case, the Jags went a different direction.

I miss Deon Grant now with the backup safeties we got. Hopefully Evans and Guy can have a better day against the worst teawm in the NFCE.

smartest players on defense are probably the MLB.

Quote:I said that safeties need to be smart. That doesn't mean they have to be the smartest. Deon Grant was a great FS, partly because he was very smart.

Deon Grant actually went against the grain and played a little CB late in his career with the Giants for a year.

Anyone remember why we didn't resign him? He was only 27 when we let him walk 27!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 12:45 AM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Deon Grant actually went against the grain and played a little CB late in his career with the Giants for a year.

Anyone remember why we didn't resign him? He was only 27 when we let him walk 27!!!!!
Him and JDR had a personal beef for what i remember about the situation. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Him and JDR had a personal beef for what i remember about the situation.

So grant, and mike Pete had beef with JDR? Arguably 2 of our best players ever at their respective positions in JAX? Smh glad JDR is gone

Also Jack released Darius, then signed Sammy Knight at SS the same year. (Knight did have a decent year but probably not better that DD EVER).

Clearly Del Rio had an ego issue