Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fun With Eagles/Jags All-22

This is an awesome thread. The board needs more of this and less sideshow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So I took another look at the Ertz TD.  They are in nickel with Blackmon in the slot.(lower left)  Telvin Smith can be seen here aligned with Ertz who was lined up next to the RT.   Looks more and more like this one's on Smith with Evans taking a poor/looping line to add to the poor showing. 

[Image: 10mof8g.jpg]

I hate to add to the Marcedes hate that I feel is over the top with a number of posters, but I don't discriminate. 

Here's Marcedes being tossed aside by Vinny Curry. Gerhart is set to follow the pulling Beadles for a positive gain, but Curry ends the run for no gain.

[Image: 29vo2mo.jpg]

[Image: xm9apt.jpg]

Great thread. Hope this continues throughout the season. Props!!
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Great thread NYC. Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsup:

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:MACLIN TD re-visit

He (Guy)  gets caught peeking inside to check on the slot guy (who Prosinski is moving forward to cover) and let's Maclin release deep. 

[Image: ezkb6b.jpg]

Notice the heads up adjustment by Gratz trying to switch to the free-running Maclin, but obviously unable to do so quickly enough. 

While I suggested that Prosinski was coming up to shade the slot receiver - Lageman pointed out in his breakdown of the play that he was the single high safety in this coverage and should have stayed deep.  

I suppose this means Guy's assignment was to stay within 15 yds or so of the L.O.S. - which is why he let Maclin go and looked at Prosinski with this shrugging hand in the air expression after the play.  So it would appear Prosinski should not have shaded toward the slot guy. (Lageman said run protection - but I don't think Prosinski was that stupid) 

I expect that this week we'll see Evans in Cyprien's SS role instead of Guy - and Guy in the FS role instead of Prosinski. 

Posting a series of screenshots showing Evans line to the TE on the Ertz TD.  It's my opinion that quicker recognition of the ball in the air and a better line would have given him an excellent chance to break up the TD pass.  Maybe I'm nitpicking - but I've been looking hard to find a flash in Evans' play  -- and I just can't seem to find one. 

Evans is top left on the screen. Moves toward goal line instead of TE and doesn't adjust the line as the ball is caught.

(slow frame GIF)

[Image: edfvKP.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 08:30 PM by Oregon Ducks Fan.)

Hello all. I'm an Eagles fan but I thought you might be interested in this video of some of the key plays from your game against the Eagles. The guy doing the breakdown of the plays is pretty knowledgeable and his analysis is interesting.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/videos...745fd2ac9f

More analysis here

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/0...es-week-1/

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/0...s-defense/

Hope you kick butt on the Redskins tomorrow!