Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jags want Henne to be more explosive minded per the FTU

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/509733593137287168' title="12:02 PM - 10 Sep 2014">24m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars QB Chad Henne on taking more shots down field: "As much as they call them, I'm going to huck 'em and chuck 'em."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We could have let Henne go and signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's more explosive than Henne and a better tutor for Bortles.

Harvard educated, how could we go wrong?

Quote:What if Henne turns it around and starts playing lights out and wins 15 in a row and they name him the starter next year and he goes 11-5, then they are forced to name him the starter for 2016 and he just keeps winning. What if he starts shattering QB records? Does Blake still sit?
That would mean we're probably playing for Super Bowls....so I guess so. If Henne is shattering records and we're challenging for Super Bowls every year then I guess thats what would happen. But everyone knows Henne's not going to do that.

Look, I don't think if he continues to play like he did against Philly (played alright), it's going to stop Blake from eventually getting the start. But if they ask him to be more aggressive and he just starts playing like Rodgers...then I think it could. 

I just don't understand this.

Bortles is at the very least as good as Henne at this point in time.  We are likely not going anywhere so why not give BB game experience?

Either they are afraid of getting Bortles hurt or they made some kind of commitment to Henne when he signed the 2 year deal.

Otherwise makes no sense.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  24m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars QB Chad Henne on taking more shots down field: "As much as they call them, I'm going to huck 'em and chuck 'em."

</div>
LOL.  That's kinda' funny but also scary as hell given the quality of interception he's known for throwing. 

Extra tackling drills for our receivers this week? 

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  24m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars QB Chad Henne on taking more shots down field: "As much as they call them, I'm going to huck 'em and chuck 'em."

</div>
Wow

Quote:LOL.  That's kinda' funny but also scary as hell given the quality of interception he's known for throwing. 

The guy is about as accurate as a T-shirt cannon. This should be fun.

Nothing spells 0-2 quite like your starting QB using the words "huck 'em and chuck 'em"

Deep posts and deep back shoulder passes are Henne's specialty.

Quote:I just don't understand this.

Bortles is at the very least as good as Henne at this point in time.  We are likely not going anywhere so why not give BB game experience?

Either they are afraid of getting Bortles hurt or they made some kind of commitment to Henne when he signed the 2 year deal.

I'm curious on what the coaching staff is thinking now.

Quote:They want him to be Bortles?  There's a simple solution here.

[Image: post-33885-welcome-to-the-party-pal-gif-B-ues8.gif]

Quote:The team is just wasting everyone's time. Henne is 29 years old. His flaws will never change.

If Henne lays another egg on Sunday, I hope they introduce the defense at the home opener because Henne is going to hear boos. And it could get ugly.

Do you really think the eight people who come on here daily whining about Bortles not being the starter will reflect how the crowd will react on opening day?

The great majority of people will be there to support the Jaguars regardless of who the quarterback is. Don't confuse this board's obsession with the real world. It's not going to get ugly.

Now, if the Jaguars are 2-10 and Henne is still playing ...

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Do you really think the eight people who come on here daily whining about Bortles not being the starter will reflect how the crowd will react on opening day?

The great majority of people will be there to support the Jaguars regardless of who the quarterback is. Don't confuse this board's obsession with the real world. It's not going to get ugly.

People were pretty animate about Garrard playing at one point. It could easily get that way again if Hamneck keeps up with his ways.

Quote:I'd like to see Henne leave the pocket and pick up a few yards on his feet if the WRs are not open.  MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN !!!
I'd like to see Henne leave the pocket, run about 25 yards to the right, and stay on the sideline so Blake can play.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:I'd like to see Henne leave the pocket, run about 25 yards to the right, and stay on the sideline so Blake can play.
Good one!

Quote:I just don't understand this.

This is a new one to add to the list of message board theories why Bortles isn't playing.

1. Doesn't know the playbook

2. O-line is bad

3. FO made commitment to Henne when 2 year deal was signed. 

Sooo they want Henne to turn into Bortles?  lol

Quote:LOL.  That's kinda' funny but also scary as hell given the quality of interception he's known for throwing. 

If so expect Bortles to go in for a comeback win.

No one is safe.

Quote:Do you really think the eight people who come on here daily whining about Bortles not being the starter will reflect how the crowd will react on opening day?

Do you live on the moon? If you really believe that it's only 8 people on this message board complaining then you are not paying attention. Listen to sports radio in this town for 5 minutes. Go on Twitter. If the team loses and Henne is mediocre again, and starts the Indy game...there will be alot of booing. The fanbase saw Bortles, they now see Henne. They know the difference.

My opinion is that you are dead wrong.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]