Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart is not an NFL caliber RB

Your mom isn't an NFL caliber RB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 04:52 PM by americus 2.0.)

I think I temporarily lost brain function reading that.

Quote:Typical herp,slow, derp gerhert ,slurp caliber, purp. nurple. Hey mom, watch me post and hey Grandma, bring me another grape soda will ya.

[Image: Gamer_SP.png]

Quote:Remember this post. MJD has breakout game in week 2, while Gerhart stats are typical #'s of a FB.

And we can remember this if the opposite occurs.

Quote:And we can remember this if the opposite occurs.
I didn't realize that a 9-year vet could have a 'breakout game'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

In all honesty he should have had negative yards rushing with how often he was hit behind the line..

This board suffers many of the same delusions it had during Genius Gene ' s tenure. If you dont agree with a teams strategy or move you are considered a stupid crackpot fan. Gerhart was never anything special. He is big and slow. All these silly threads about Gerhorse and whatever else are just plain dumb.

Quote:This board suffers many of the same delusions it had during Genius Gene ' s tenure. If you dont agree with a teams strategy or move you are considered a stupid crackpot fan. Gerhart was never anything special. He is big and slow. All these silly threads about Gerhorse and whatever else are just plain dumb.

I agree. This thread is dumb.

Quote:This board suffers many of the same delusions it had during Genius Gene ' s tenure. If you dont agree with a teams strategy or move you are considered a stupid crackpot fan. Gerhart was never anything special. He is big and slow. All these silly threads about Gerhorse and whatever else are just plain dumb.
So not agreeing that a running back has got to be really fast to be effective is somehow agreeing with everything management is doing? Interesting take.

Quote:So not agreeing that a running back has got to be really fast to be effective is somehow agreeing with everything management is doing? Interesting take.

It's a combination of things that make a good tailback. Speed, power, quickness, explosiveness and vision that come together...Gerhart is lacking in lot of areas.

Quote:It's a combination of things that make a good tailback. Speed, power, quickness, explosiveness and vision that come together...Gerhart is lacking in lot of areas.
Yet somehow he has a career average of 4.6 YPA.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Adrian Peterson only has a 5.0 YPA average --> Toby = AP

Quote:Antone Smith has a career 18.6 YPA.

I could have a 4.6 career YPA coming in the game in the 4th quarter behind the Vikings OL.
Antone Smith has 294 career carries? HOF baby. I didn't realize Gerhart only played in the 4th quarter. I would bet that the majority of his carries, in fact, were NOT, in the 4th quarter.

Quote:Adrian Peterson only has a 5.0 YPA average --> Toby = AP
Way to change it up in a hurry. And I might add, over-exaggerate. It is kinda cute though.

I didn't change in a hurry because I was wrong.  I changed because I had a better point to make

Quote:I didn't change in a hurry because I was wrong. I changed because I had a better point to make
Really? So who compared Peterson to Gerhart besides you? And that's a 'better point'? Mmmmmmkay.

Quote:And have IQ's under 75

says the person who has never had the balls to start their own thread

Quote:Gerhart never passed my eye test, healthy or not. Great as a goal line guy, but he will be replaced sometime soon I believe.
How are ya, Stevie Wonder?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I know that I made a thread similar to this a few weeks ago, but now my opinion has changed. I was giving Gerhart the benefit of the doubt, seeing as if I had never seen him start a game in the NFL. But now I think we can all agree that the dude is slow and ineffective. I understand that our line is trash (it has been for the past 6 years) And that he supposedly his ankle was hurt. But if you're given the title of a starting RB in the NFL, and getting paid the money you are, then you are expected to rise above excuses and mediocre performance, and make a damn play. His numbers were pathetic.Since our inception as a franchise we have had some of the best RBs the league has seen in recent memory . And for this franchise to just pay some unproven backup and magically make him our guy baffles me. Put Denard and Todman in, at least they're not overpaid bums

I don't think people understand how bad our offensive line was last Sunday, there was no push, they play with terrible leverage in the run game, there is a severe lack of talent on our offensive line. I find it funny people continue to blame Toby, he's not Adrian Peterson, but to say he's not starting caliber is ridiculous. What's funny is for his size, Toby is arguably the most <span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">athletic

RB in the AFC South</span>

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 11:18 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:says the person who has never had the balls to start their own thread
Now I know the origin of the song. Thanks. I too, don't have big balls. We just throw a few parties, tailgate get togethers...but a ball...never hosted...never been. Good for you though if you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQSk0CYPvwE

Blakes Life Matters